• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

bbd23

why don't my 4 cores buy bkb against silencer?
tears.gif

pompidu

Anyone able to finish horde mode? Got pretty damn far with Sven but got overrun at the end. Starting to dig this custom game. Probably the best custom game atm.

bbd23

Peter Dager ‏@ppdDota 2m2 minutes ago
Happy to announce that my buddy @Zai_2002 will be our official sub for upcoming tournaments/majors.

EG IS BACK
happytears.gif

yarden24

been playing whenever I can and had notice that, at least for my tier (2600ish), people just don't have map awareness at all. I ping and told them so and so is missing and they can even see someone moving towards them on the mini map if they only just look. yet at the end it's just another free kill for the other team.

and some of their mentality is just terrible.

"I have no idea how to play this hero lol"

"then why you pick it?"

"lol it's easy game (I assume he mean it's unranked), doesn't matter lol"

(I left that game as soon as someone on the other team abandoned)

I would love to play with more GAFers too but with me on the road so much during the summer, it's kinda hard to schedule in something. plus most folks on my GAF flist are all pretty far passed me and have their own steady team.

I understand I'm not a great player by all means but at least I tried. I have good map awareness and play a decent support if people understand what my hero can do. but lately I've been leaning towards playing jungle heros more and more since that way I don't need to deal with the other "team mates" that much.

at least I had 2 pretty fun games last night thou. both of which seem pretty hopeless early on, especially the 2nd one since the Spirit Breaker disconnected half way and never come back. but sticking to it til the bitter end kinda paid off and we won both games at the end.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1753287540

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1753427430

While the map awerness might change if you get up in mmr, the bad attitude will stay the same, I assure you.

Nymerio

Man, if the weather here weren't so nice I'd be playing D3 all day. But it's so nice outside I gotta use the occasion to go biking.

So, Gaming Paradise 2015 is in 2 weeks. You think Secret is ready for it Matt? If I remember right Envy would have just got back from Japan.
Well the tournament itself is pretty small, it's more of a case of bringing the team together before the big events hit in October.

You guys think the item and ability icons will ever receive small visual effects? Like a very slight cold steam coming off Drow's frost arrows? Or a slow blood drip coming from Bloodseeker's...everything?

shira

You guys think the item and ability icons will ever receive small visual effects? Like a very slight cold steam coming off Drow's frost arrows? Or a slow blood drip coming from Bloodseeker's...everything?

I hope they are doing this for the HTC-VIVE version of Dota
- rumble for stun, mini rumble for mini-stun, vibrate for slows
- different haptics for each hero's attack that also varies with the target (tower/creep/hero)
- each ability would be a crazy visual event in first person mode

Can you imagine being ruptured, looking down at your chest as you are bleeding out, you walk and you leave a trail of blood.
Bane's nightmare.
NS casting Darkness while you are farming. All the lights go out.

edit: oh icons. nm

M.D

every time i watch a copper game or play with him makes me wonder what am i doing in 3k i'm just as shitty as these 5kers

Top Bottom