• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

what is the worst stun character ability in the game

17% proc space cow bash
hex.gif

That or techies stasis traps are the worst for me as far as most annoying stuns in the game.

BHK3

Banned
Didn't League and Starcraft go through this noobfromua stuff but on a much larger scale as regards to uploading highlights and making money off of it?

Hylian7

what is the worst stun character ability in the game

Homing Missile

I mean the thing presents itself as something you laugh at, and rarely does it every do anything significant in a fight other than make someone run or use some kind of trick (zipping toward it as Storm, Phase Shift as Puck, etc.) to avoid it. You try to initiate with it and it takes 10 years and the enemy knows what's up.

That said, this shouldn't change as Gyro's other skills are amazing, so with the other skills being that good, it's okay for him to have one that's kind of a dud.

Mordeccai

Homing Missile

I mean the thing presents itself as something you laugh at, and rarely does it every do anything significant in a fight other than make someone run or use some kind of trick (zipping toward it as Storm, Phase Shift as Puck, etc.) to avoid it. You try to initiate with it and it takes 10 years and the enemy knows what's up.

That said, this shouldn't change as Gyro's other skills are amazing, so with the other skills being that good, it's okay for him to have one that's kind of a dud.

otoh, max homing missle does crazy damage and can catch people off guard. squishy heros like qop or CM get rekt by it. but that means your rocket barrage is gonna do shite for dmg.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did you guys just find out today about it being canceled?

So when should be the first game Secret plays in with their current roster. Surely its not going to be ESL One?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Protip about copyright: just because you don't publish something doesn't make your copyright weaker. In fact it's stronger.

Protip about copyright: just because you don't publish something doesn't make your copyright weaker. In fact it's stronger.

No that doesn't make any sense. If you're not making money off of your content then it becomes fair game for the first person to do it, duh. It was in that big Supreme Court case, Snooze v. Lose.

I made a long winded blog about the NUA drama but this is a classic example of me not knowing my audience because currently this is sitting at #2 on /r/all.

Holden

Hello. I am noobfromua.I wanted to ask if you give me permission to sometimes use your stream content in my youtube videos.

aeolist

Banned
Do streamers really have a case in this situation? Wouldn't Valve be the one with the last word in this whole scenario, since they are basically streaming their content in the first place? Using the stream footage would be the same to making the same highlights out of a raw replay taken directly from the game, so idk.

p sure valve said a long time ago that streamers and youtubers own whatever content they make from valve games

in the case of dota 2 i think they even said that you can sell physical products based on the IP

No that doesn't make any sense. If you're not making money off of your content then it becomes fair game for the first person to do it, duh. It was in that big Supreme Court case, Snooze v. Lose.

I made a long winded blog about the NUA drama but this is a classic example of me not knowing my audience because currently this is sitting at #2 on /r/all.

SirActionSlacks...we were in a queue with him last night and someone mentioned him/her. Is (s)he known for some reason?

also, interesting discussion. clearly a thief.

Trickster

This NoobfromUA drama seems really dumb in my mind. Yes, the progamers are right, but it's a no win situation for them when they go about it this way. If it's really such a big issue, rather than doing what they're doing, they should try and work out some deal with him.

Because going after Noob in this manner makes them seem petty as fuck. He provides something that people want and enjoy, which the progamers or their teams themselves aren't providing currently. And they've got to know full well that even if they got him to stop, there would be plenty of other people ready to fill the gab.

This NoobfromUA drama seems really dumb in my mind. Yes, the progamers are right, but it's a no win situation for them when they go about it this way. If it's really such a big issue, rather than doing what they're doing, they should try and work out some deal with him.

Because going after Noob in this manner makes them seem petty as fuck. He provides something that people want and enjoy, which the progamers or their teams themselves aren't providing currently. And they've got to know full well that even if they got him to stop, there would be plenty of other people ready to fill the gab.

Because most streamers play listening to music that will get them automatically muted on Youtube due to Content ID. SingSing used to (I don't know if he still does) upload his VODs on Youtube, for example.
thinking.gif

Top Bottom