• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

maybe we will never get 6.85
misc-frog.gif

M.D

this game may not have forced 50% but there's some weird shit going on with the match making in this game

2 days ago i lost 4 games in a row, then yesterday 2 games in a row someone on the enemy team abandons the game

an hour ago i played a match where we were supposed to lose but pulled it together at the end, largely thx to the enemy clinkz disconnecting for a long period of time and the match after that i had 2 people on my team feeding and leaving pre 10 minutes

this game may not have forced 50% but there's some weird shit going on with the match making in this game

2 days ago i lost 4 games in a row, then yesterday 2 games in a row someone on the enemy team abandons the game

an hour ago i played a match where we were supposed to lose but pulled it together at the end, largely thx to the enemy clinkz disconnecting for a long period of time and the match after that i had 2 people on my team feeding and leaving pre 10 minutes

misc-rng.gif

lots of fuckin idiots playing the game

kionedrik

clinkz flaming arrows and techies land mines (i think), OD's orb is pure not magic

I'm 100% sure flaming arrows and mines are physical

I'm 99% sure orb is magic.

edit: went to liquidpedia and you're right. orb is pure which means it's silly that bkb blocks it. it would also make sense if you cast it on ancients and catapults.

M.D

misc-rng.gif

lots of fuckin idiots playing the game

dunno man, i looked a few days back and its the same pattern - i had a match where the enemy had someone abandon, then the next match i had 3 of my teammates abandon pre 10 minutes as well

funny thing, both games the team with the abandon team mates won

IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE

fake edit: went to liquidpedia and you're right. orb is pure which means it's silly that bkb blocks it.

i'm pretty sure searing arrows adds 10000 range to clinkz arrows, can someone fucking that shit

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

edit: went to liquidpedia and you're right. orb is pure which means it's silly that bkb blocks it. it would also make sense if you cast it on ancients and catapults.
Did people forget that OD is cancer that quickly?

Acinixys

How do you make your steam messages pop up infront of the game window in reborn?

I get the message sound but the message doesnt pop to the front like it did in Source 1

I have to alt tab or bring up the steam overlay
facepalm.gif

I had more fun with 6.84 than 6.83 because Lesh, Gyro and so forth aren't as OP as Troll/Sniper and also somewhat underpicked. Sniper approached something like 45% pickrate or something at some point last patch. Troll was up there as well.

However, the viable hero pool has gotten unprecedentedly small and pro game drafts are predictable as fuck.

I'd say 6.85 will be a 3 days update with teasing for new stuff too, so I expect an announcement friday and 3 days next week with release on next thursday or something like that
Or the week after.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Valve seems pretty selective about when they'll listen to an uproar and respond to it, but I really hope some of this UI redesign shit catches on and leads to change. They've essentially hidden almost every functionality feature of the Dota 2 client behind extra mouse clicks and advertisements.

Pratfall

Valve seems pretty selective about when they'll listen to an uproar and respond to it, but I really hope some of this UI redesign shit catches on and leads to change. They've essentially hidden almost every functionality feature of the Dota 2 client behind extra mouse clicks and advertisements.

they just gotta display the friends list all the time and expand/clean up the chat window, otherwise its whatever, they gotta make their money somehow.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This has been happening to my DOTA and Steam for a few weeks now. I think it might be because I have a non steam game on a separate drive that freezes things when the drive leaves sleep for whatever reason. I'll remove the shortcut and see if things change. My netgraph probably looks the same

I reset my router & modem, and went from the old client to Reborn and it's much better, it still happens but very rarely now, instead of almost constantly. No idea how to fix it fully though, oh and I also changed my cmdrate, updaterate and rate to max instead of default, so that may have helped.

Last night, I came to the painful revelation that I have no idea how to deal with techies. I was playing WD support and my mind just drew a complete blank while I was systematically murdered.

What I did
-tp'd immediately to safe lane with all my items bought- prevented him from warding our area/jungle near the safe lane (about the only thing I did right).
-bought sentries- tried to deward his mines. Unfortunately I'd either not spot them with sentries or if I did, they'd get dewarded.
-still walked into his mine traps.
-my teammates still walked into them as well
-Suicided me with invis rune a couple of times.
-The thought of running into a mine just made me think twice to walk around anywhere, thus preventing me from warding properly.
-spent the rest of the game turtled up.
-bought a gem eventually but since I was getting two shot, I left it at home base for someone else to carry

M.D

Last night, I came to the painful revelation that I have no idea how to deal with techies. I was playing WD support and my mind just drew a complete blank while I was systematically murdered.

What I did
-tp'd immediately to safe lane with all my items bought- prevented him from warding our area/jungle near the safe lane (about the only thing I did right).
-bought sentries- tried to deward his mines. Unfortunately I'd either not spot them with sentries or if I did, they'd get dewarded.
-still walked into his mine traps.
-my teammates still walked into them as well
-Suicided me with invis rune a couple of times.
-The thought of running into a mine just made me think twice to walk around anywhere, thus preventing me from warding properly.
-spent the rest of the game turtled up.
-bought a gem eventually but since I was getting two shot, I left it at home base for someone else to carry

you know what you do against techies? you abandon the fucking game

kionedrik

how i deal with techies:

- keep vision of him and/or where he's mining
- let him waste his time, mana and pots
- buy sentries and kill all his shit

G.ZZZ

I think i'm about to get banned again boys (posted in a race thread), i salute you all here guys! Have fun with this shitty game.
happy.gif

smh gzzzzzzzz

yeah obs wards are as important vs t*chies as sentries; also x-ping the fuck outta your team even if they fume at you for it

not much you can do if you're a solo support and void is accusing you of "free-farming", though lol

pick illusion heroes/manta style

pick storm and get orchid.
cocky.gif

smh gzzzzzzzz

yeah obs wards are as important vs t*chies as sentries; also x-ping the fuck outta your team even if they fume at you for it

not much you can do if you're a solo support and void is accusing you of "free-farming", though lol

I wish I could pick storm. Team locked in their shit pretty fast (FV safelane, Kunkka mid, LC jungle, axe offlane). I had a game where I was told to picked storm and the BH refused to give me mid and went BF last night. I should really stand my ground a bit more in solo queue.

I've got the unenviable task of looking through replays of 4 losses before I play again. I really hope going through my games will pay off. I'm tired of not improving.

Necro 3 isn't a realistic option for supports to get, usually your team needs you to buy cheaper support items like Glimmer, Force, etc, not to mention wards and such. Don't forget it costs 5200 gold before you even get true sight. It's only a decent option vs Techies if you're playing a hero that already likes getting necro like Invoker and BM.

I had more fun with 6.84 than 6.83 because Lesh, Gyro and so forth aren't as OP as Troll/Sniper and also somewhat underpicked. Sniper approached something like 45% pickrate or something at some point last patch. Troll was up there as well.

However, the viable hero pool has gotten unprecedentedly small and pro game drafts are predictable as fuck.

Yea, I think that last sentence is what it boils down to. The hero pool of viable picks is undeniably larger than it's ever been. But whether it's just a matter of comfort picks, built-in utility or balance issues, the same 15 or so heroes are permanently picked/banned. The water has again separated from the fat and what we're left with is not as enjoyable as hoped. I guess in the end you just hope that whatever that meta we're left with in the end is enjoyable to you. For me it sort of hasn't been, but for others I'm sure they've been having the time of their lives. In a game with more than 100 heroes, seeing real diversity and enough balance to make everyone potentially pickable remains an elusive task for all MOBAs. And FOTM picks will always become quickly tiring.

Yea, I think that last sentence is what it boils down to. The hero pool of viable picks is undeniably larger than it's ever been. But whether it's just a matter of comfort picks, built-in utility or balance issues, the same 15 or so heroes are permanently picked/banned. The water has again separated from the fat and what we're left with is not as enjoyable as hoped. I guess in the end you just hope that whatever that meta we're left with in the end is enjoyable to you. For me it sort of hasn't been, but for others I'm sure they've been having the time of their lives. In a game with more than 100 heroes, seeing real diversity and enough balance to make everyone potentially pickable remains an elusive task for all MOBAs. And FOTM picks will always become quickly tiring.

I still say the easy solution to this is to make abilities a range of unpredictable damage en masse, especially for played heroes or something. It is a really tough problem though.

I'm still surprised that Dota 10 v 10 is more fun than Dota.

Top Bottom