• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blog.dota2.com/2016/01/the-dota-majors/

dota_major_cities.jpg

After a whirlwind week of intense matches, The Shanghai Major Qualifiers have concluded with two teams advancing from each region. Now that these eight qualifying teams have joined the direct invites, the tournament field of sixteen teams has been set, and The Shanghai Major Group Stage will commence on February 25, followed by the Main Event at Mercedes-Benz Arena from March 2 – 6.

Upon the crowning of The Shanghai Major Champions, the eyes of the Dota community will turn to the next Major, to be held in Manila, Philippines in early June. As before, established teams and upstarts alike will battle for the chance to join the rolls of The Manila Major to compete on the main stage in front of a sea of passionate fans.

This will be the final opportunity to prove they belong amongst the best in the world before The International 2016 kicks off beneath the mid-August Seattle sun.

Russ T

Banned
What's gonna be in this compendium? Predictions now.

It's like Rock-Scissor-Paper Dota.

Are you talking about Fire Emblem?

I've played one before (first GBA one, never beat it). I ostensibly like it, I just don't have time, yo.

I also bought SMT4 and ostensibly like it, I just don't have time, yo.

Hylian7

What's gonna be in this compendium? Predictions now.

Are you talking about Fire Emblem?

I've played one before (first GBA one, never beat it). I ostensibly like it, I just don't have time, yo.

I also bought SMT4 and ostensibly like it, I just don't have time, yo.

Play Nocturne.
wink.gif

Enjoy the smog Cyborgmatt.
I'm honestly really not looking forward to either or the two trips I have to make to China this month and next. I've already done some kind of irreversible damage in December that hasn't been diagnosed yet and has left me coughing up blood. FeelsBadMan

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Better bring some canned fresh air from home.

Hylian7

It's a pretty common name. You'll know it's me when the name is Kade, my Mii is be black, I'll pick Lucina with the Cordelia colour palette and 2-stock you.

Lol, this guy's Mii was white and he played Dark Pit and purple Lucario. I screwed up against Dark Pit and lost, but beat his Lucario every time.

It's a pretty common name. You'll know it's me when the name is Kade, my Mii is be black, I'll pick Lucina with the Cordelia colour palette and 2-stock you.
Cordelia is shit.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Out of interest do we have any doctors that chill out in this thread?
FUc6koc.jpg

I liked the Manta mask, o wells
Pretty sure that hat was canned because of Reddit. It was even in the secret shop catalogs we saw at TI5 before they opened up the shop to the public.

Edit: Oh wait I'm thinking of a different one.

dsjA5bL.png

I'm honestly really not looking forward to either or the two trips I have to make to China this month and next. I've already done some kind of irreversible damage in December that hasn't been diagnosed yet and has left me coughing up blood. FeelsBadMan

Jeez, I hope you feel better soon, dude.

MikeDown

Banned
Just looking at the Dotabuffs, I would say in general, play safer. I notice in most of your most recent games, you have a really high amount of deaths. Especially in lower level pubs, if something seems sketchy, don't do it. Even if your teammates are egging you on to do it, and you know better, don't listen to them. It isn't worth going in and feeding a double or triple kill just because your teammates told you to go in.

Also this is hero specific, but I'm not really a fan of Battle Fury PA. I know some people might disagree with me on that, but I don't think it's good just because it doesn't really work well with the hero. Crit cleaves are cool and all, but the item is so expensive, and really all you need to farm well is Lifesteal. She's not like Anti-Mage where she split pushes with a blink on a 5 second CD. PA is meant for manmoding people and surviving. You need things like HotD, BKB, and of course Basher is pretty core on her these days. If you max Blur second, you can still farm ancient stacks with an HotD, and don't need a Battle Fury for it. If your lane is rough, and you can't really walk up and get many last hits, get Basilius/Aquila and Dagger for them. It's not ideal, but you can make the best of a bad situation that way.
Thankyou for taking the time to help me with PA, will follow ur advice next time i play.

i'm pretty sure you're 1300 bad. wtf are you doing building mjollnir and tarrasque on wr? and you have a lot of deaths on average.

and daedalus on pl? bro please.
The tarrasque was a very late game item that I felt like buying just because. And meal is prolly all i need, but I have a habit of going to mjollnir because of the hyperstone. Although with wind she has the highest dps in the dame

Low Tier
ok now i have to interject since ur actually using this thread for advice

bfury is fantastic on PA because contrary to popular belief, PA does want farm. (surprise, she's a carry)

bfury's regen through its pers components solves most if not all of your mana problems, and the large damage increase it gives you lets you farm much faster than any other item. Playing PA as a 1 position and not farming and instead 'fighting' is a sure-fire way to a loss. Notice how most of the good melee carries (antimage, ember, sven), all either buy cleave or have inate cleave, and more importantly, have some way to quickly clear creep waves. Clearing creep waves is mandatory for carries, and since PA doesn't go radiance, you rly do need battlefury. please please please do NOT take that advice.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish we had concrete dates for TI so I could submit a vacation request already :(

I hope tickets aren't to hard to get this year. I'm sure they will be, but I've had good luck for the past 3 years. I wonder how far ahead they will go up.

shira

I'm a little scared here Matt, please take care of yourself big guy. Hit the gym, cut out the cigarettes.

Radiance PA 80% winrate

I wish we had concrete dates for TI so I could submit a vacation request already :(

There's a Demi Lovato concert Sunday August 21 and I'm guessing it takes 1-2 days to tear down all the TI shit.

So my guess assuming the same format as TI5 is August 3rd is the group stages, 8-13 is the main event, but they have been using that GSL which cuts down 1-2 days. I really think they want to end on a Saturday or a Sunday - none of this Monday Grand Final like TI4

Chris R

There's a Demi Lovato concert Sunday August 21 and I'm guessing it takes 1-2 days to tear down all the TI shit.

So my guess assuming the same format as TI5 is August 3rd is the group stages, 8-13 is the main event, but they have been using that GSL which cuts down 1-2 days. I really think they want to end on a Saturday or a Sunday - none of this Monday Grand Final like TI4

Not good enough for me :( Should be able to swing it though, I think August is mostly free atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom