• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I'm probably going to buy a TI6 ticket no matter what the day they go on sale. Whether I can actually go or not will depend on my financial situation in the coming months. If I can't I'll sell it at normal price, not being a scalping scumbag.

Chris R

I'm probably going to buy a TI5 ticket no matter what the day they go on sale. Whether I can actually go or not will depend on my financial situation in the coming months. If I can't I'll sell it at normal price, not being a scalping scumbag.

I've got a TI5 ticket I'll sell to you

o4AW0Ww.png

Also, my new monitor is so damn good, back to ranked starting tomorrow :D

I'm a little scared here Matt
I already quit smoking a while ago, well I switched to vaping (which is the better alternative right now) where I have been slowly dropping my nicotine levels.

My doc doesn't want to talk about the C word with me and keeps avoiding it even though I have asked him just to be blunt with me. I honestly think it's either that or some infection like Pneumonia. I should hopefully know soon either way, our NHS has been so slow over Christmas and New Years, I waited over a week just for xray results.

Apparently Leffen recently subscribed to my youtube. I checked his twitch and it seems he's been playing a lot of Dota recently. Now I just gotta get Mike Ross to notice me and then maybe my FGC friends will think I'm cool.

Leffen is the little bitch who always loses even though he only plays OP characters right ?
According to his Wikipedia's 'Controversy' section, that seems possible. I only know him as having occasionally beaten the various smash gods.

Also, did you know that Smash players seem to all have their own Wikipedia articles.

Cordelia is shit.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
She's pretty good if you enjoy being a cuck.

Why does that WR set look exactly like every other WR set

I might need some parts from that Venge set to make mine even more perfect. The TA set is dumb as fuck.

Apparently Leffen recently subscribed to my youtube. I checked his twitch and it seems he's been playing a lot of Dota recently. Now I just gotta get Mike Ross to notice me and then maybe my FGC friends will think I'm cool.
I'm not sure why you want to be noticed by Mike "Mike "48%" Ross" Ross.

Leffen is the little bitch who always loses even though he only plays OP characters right ?
The problem is the majority of top Melee players either main Fox or have a pocket Fox. You can only say "doesn't use OP characters" about very few top players.

She's pretty good if you enjoy being a cuck.
I do not understand the appeal of cuckoldry at all.

yarden24

The tarrasque was a very late game item that I felt like buying just because. And meal is prolly all i need, but I have a habit of going to mjollnir because of the hyperstone. Although with wind she has the highest dps in the dame

wind runner gains very little from attack speed because her ulti caps it, not because she has high dps.
when you are using your ultimate the hyper stone is actually a 2k gold paper weight.

also do you use the in game guides to buy items? generally the highest rated one is fine for a long time until you can read the game better

Looks like Manila Major is gonna conflict with ESL One Frankfurt (or same month rather) that I attended both times and enjoyed immensely. I still haven't purchased the tickets and I think I'll wait and see how the Major impacts the ESL tournament. In case the good teams choose to skip it, I'll stay at home too.

bounchfx

I already quit smoking a while ago, well I switched to vaping (which is the better alternative right now) where I have been slowly dropping my nicotine levels.

My doc doesn't want to talk about the C word with me and keeps avoiding it even though I have asked him just to be blunt with me. I honestly think it's either that or some infection like Pneumonia. I should hopefully know soon either way, our NHS has been so slow over Christmas and New Years, I waited over a week just for xray results.

fuck the nicotine/smoke son, glad you already switched to vaping. you gotta get on the 420 train all day yolo.

only then will you ascend to doto 3

yarden24

Nah most of them are good
As for skills I think it's better for players to figure out what to max first, also forces you to actually read what spells do

like, it doesn't matter if most are good, when in no case are the community ones worse, they are always either the same, or better.

also it telling you how to skill tells you what the priorities of the heroes are without you needing to search outside the game.
its either that or through trail and error it, reading the skill never tells you the information you need, just look how wrong everyone is in every patch analysis.

_Legacy_

Man, this game is something else. I was 2.2-2.3k around Christmas (not high but fairly average and I gave the game a long break prior December). I went on a crazy losing streak a week or two ago and now in the murky depths of the 1.7k mmr bracket. So many people in my games just not willing to play their roles, supports literally telling me to eff off when I ask for wards so we can see Spirit Breaker charging across. People charging in yolo with no help, silly picks (not counter picking Phantom Lancer for last pick), I just don't understand.

I've won the odd game but there are too many people who are dismissive to any sort of suggestion. Don't get me wrong ,there are a few good eggs but it's no wonder these people are where they are and now I'm in because I didn't take a break after losing a couple of games.

It's actually affected my game, sometimes I've struggled to farm because I'm always helping out in another lane or mid is calling for ganks 2 minutes in. Even even when I go support, the carries don't carry and still try to farm in lane way to close and end up getting taken out.

Is there any advice someone can give me? I think I'm 1775k mmr right now.

Man, this game is something else. I was 2.2-2.3k around Christmas (not high but fairly average and I gave the game a long break prior December). I went on a crazy losing streak a week or two ago and now in the murky depths of the 1.7k mmr bracket. So many people in my games just not willing to play their roles, supports literally telling me to eff off when I ask for wards so we can see Spirit Breaker charging across. People charging in yolo with no help, silly picks (not counter picking Phantom Lancer for last pick), I just don't understand.

I've won the odd game but there are too many people who are dismissive to any sort of suggestion. Don't get me wrong ,there are a few good eggs but it's no wonder these people are where they are and now I'm in because I didn't take a break after losing a couple of games.

It's actually affected my game, sometimes I've struggled to farm because I'm always helping out in another lane or mid is calling for ganks 2 minutes in. Even even when I go support, the carries don't carry and still try to farm in lane way to close and end up getting taken out.

Is there any advice someone can give me? I think I'm 1775k mmr right now.

Stop bothering with ranked and wait for an actual good MMR system (lol)

marrec

Banned

Truth.

Though I usually play with friends so I give zeeeeero shits about MMR. As long as I get to, at least once, block my buddy while he's trying to run away from someone I call it a job well done.

_Legacy_

Ha, I just don't understand how others have dealt with these trolls and climbed out of the abyss. I mean why play ranked if you want to try out new things or just do your own thing? There's practice mode and unranked to do all that!

Maybe a better mmr system will be released but I won't hold my breath!

playing AM looks so easy in pro games or on pro streams, but it's actually super unintuitive for me

he just feels so useless unless he has both bfury and manta, and he can't just be completely passive because if he doesn't push hard and protect towers he has no jungle to farm

atleast it's good tread switching practice

Russ T

Banned
I just don't understand the point of ranked unless you know you're hot shit and you want to compare numbers with other people who are hot shit.

I get that it's sort of a way to measure improvement... But it doesn't seem like a good one.

_Legacy_

I just don't understand the point of ranked unless you know you're hot shit and you want to compare numbers with other people who are hot shit.

I get that it's sort of a way to measure improvement... But it doesn't seem like a good one.

I find it's more competitive than unranked and I generally enjoy it. I find people use unranked as a playground for testing builds and plays which is fair enough, I even do it myself.

Drow's design is shit period
Her silence is good, orb is basic af, but her two passives are laughable when it comes to general design

And I still haven't found anybody able to justify why her aura doesn't work on melee heroes (not creeps, whatevs)

I find it's more competitive than unranked and I generally enjoy it. I find people use unranked as a playground for testing builds and plays which is fair enough, I even do it myself.

play unranked Single Draft and All Random for a week to clear your head tbh

download Neutral Camp Spawn Boxes (or whatever it's called now) and practice stacking/pulling/farming

learn a new hero, like OP garbage Elder Titan who hands out wins like candy right now

kionedrik

playing AM looks so easy in pro games or on pro streams, but it's actually super unintuitive for me

he just feels so useless unless he has both bfury and manta, and he can't just be completely passive because if he doesn't push hard and protect towers he has no jungle to farm

atleast it's good tread switching practice

While playing AM in pubs you're basically telling your team to play 4v5 for the first 25-30min. You may drop by from time to time and get a casual last hit or secure a kill but that's what it'll feel like for them. Most of them aren't up for it and usually they won't draft in a way that let's them play like that.

And even after Bfury and Manta you're not combat ready, although you can actually do something with those.

if the NA version of FE Fates gets censored Im moving to japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom