• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Canadian dollar is still around 0.70:1.00

I doubt I'll go to TI6.

Time to take another trip up to Vancouver this year. Still not quite at the 90's level though. I still remember being able to eat well for like $3 American. Last time I went up there, sure USD was worth more, but everything is more expensive to compensate.

Finally learned the name of a song after 5-6 years of hearing it.
Thanks spotify Discover Weekly playlist
SeemsGood.png
Godspeed is godlike

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So I talked to TUSR about a future IHL3, and neither of us want to administrate/organize going forward. So anyone in this thread (or outside of this thread) can feel free to pick up IHL at some point in the future if so inclined; you also got my permission to copypasta whatever you like from IHL1 or IHL2 (i.e. rules/format if you want).

You can also message me on steam if you're interested in organizing an ihl at some point in the future and have any questions.

G.ZZZ

So I talked to TUSR about a future IHL3, and neither of us want to administrate/organize going forward. So anyone in this thread (or outside of this thread) can feel free to pick up IHL at some point in the future if so inclined; you also got my permission to copypasta whatever you like from IHL1 or IHL2 (i.e. rules/format if you want).

You can also message me on steam if you're interested in organizing an ihl at some point in the future and have any questions.

Fuck you just make more inhouses and kick people who flame in chat.

Making and managing teams is way too much of an hassle.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Fuck you just make more inhouses and kick people who flame in chat.

Making and managing teams is way too much of an hassle.

we did in the very first ihl years ago, it died in less than three days (tho we did play like 50-60 games in those 3 days)

the interest for pick-up inhouses seems to fizzle out very quickly as opposed to set teams that only play once a week, but ur welcome to try another inhouse/individual player ihl again

yarden24

do you think a tournament instead of a league would work? like something 3 weeks long with double elim and not that many teams?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
we did in the very first ihl years ago, it died in less than three days (tho we did play like 50-60 games in those 3 days)

the interest for pick-up inhouses seems to fizzle out very quickly as opposed to set teams that only play once a week, but ur welcome to try another inhouse/individual player ihl again
What if you just try to organize weekly games. Give a time to show up and see who comes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
do you think a tournament instead of a league would work? like something 3 weeks long with double elim and not that many teams?

What if you just try to organize weekly games. Give a time to show up and see who comes.

Well again, I'm done with ihl stuff for now and tired of organizing. If someone wants to do this, go for it. Feel free to take any future ihl's (or inhouse related events) in any exciting/new directions. I'll just be that player that shows for them weekly games, but I'm done with the organizing side for now.

Never hurts to try.

Hylian7

I think that if u buy radi on PA her dagger should have the radiance burn aoe when u throw it. Pls buff ty friends.
I wish they kept cleave working on Dagger somehow. Would have made Empower and the games where she actually gets time to farm a BF interesting.

I hate BF on PA. Almost every single time I see a PA do it, the other team just 4-5 mans everything because she is pretty much useless. She isn't a carry with some secondary function like split pushing, she usually has to fight sooner. If she spends 12-15 minutes farming BF and isn't even thinking about BKB yet, she's already lost.

Apparently EG and Alliance wanted to change the schedule but other teams(unnamed) refused, leading to this weird situation in which Alliance has boarded their plane to Starladder but have already been replaced by Power Rangers.

Starladder boys.

Hylian7

why did PA become bad anyways? Wasn't she on the cusp of being good like 2 patches ago?

I think really just as patches went on, and more heroes came out of the woodwork, her one-dimensonal-ness really makes her weak. There's plenty of items for magic stuff these days, and heroes that do that are in power right now, which of course makes her weaker, since magic damage just blows her up and doesn't care about her evasion.

It doesn't help matters either that BKB blocks her active spells either, meaning she has no way to get in unless her teammates are near the enemy, and even then, she can't get the extra attack speed to supplement the crits.

The idea of having attack effects on Dagger is good, but of course BKB cancels it out. Ranged bashing is nice, but of course BKB takes care of it. At first I thought Haly's idea of having her attack applied on Dagger would be too ridiculous, but thinking about it, if it were made to go through BKB and didn't have the pure damage, I think it would be necessary, and even then I'm unsure if it would be enough.

TUSR

Banned
my hairdresser sucks at fades

I usually get a pomp but felt like something different

109 what do I do

where do haircuts go from here

Low Tier
iunno im kinda digging what my hair's doing right now. it's like a mix between a quiff, with longer sides and the top kinda curls over with cream, almost ala undercut if i let it grow another 2 inches.

You can run a slickback, i've been seeing that work out for people. Whether you wanna keep it long or short depends on ur facial structure and ur outfits. Kinda like a quiff, but if ur dresser isnt very good with fades it may not work out.

Undercut works if u have a beard, if ur short on facial hair do a rockabilly undercut, which imo works rly well with scruff/patchy facial hair

So I'm a little baffled but lately I've played in several matches where my teammates don't apparently know about the free glyph refresh after each tier 1 goes down (had to politely educate in multiple different matches) . I always thought that this was a huge deal but apparently a lot of people don't take advantage of it.

So I'm a little baffled but lately I've played in several matches where my teammates don't apparently know about the free glyph refresh after each tier 1 goes down (had to politely educate in multiple different matches) . I always thought that this was a huge deal but apparently a lot of people don't take advantage of it.

nah, the problem is that they seem to think there's a free refresh for T2s, too :(

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Oh

So it's just Starladder being Starladder? I can't imagine Alliance didn't want to reschedule.

It's a different team causing the issues or Starladder doesn't think Alliance will make it on time, they let one of the otherCS teams reschedule.

DrPizza

Banned
Starladder won't reschedule for the current hot team that has recently reformed with the line-up that it won an International with?

What a fucking stupid tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom