• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as much. I need to do some more really. I need to find a path to build into it after 30 minutes. Going with that build before 30 minutes is like...I just need to play it some more. I'll do some tonight.
You do that.

Don't be distracted by garbage/morbidly overpowered new League carry. Focus on Drow.

I dunno. When I play against PA, I'm usually like "Okay, what's PA up to?" every few seconds and of course check the creep lines. The minimap aspect of Blur is great, don't get me wrong, but I think it's really just going to delay reactions of people looking for where she is farming on the map, and of course in the middle of a fight, your attention is divided. If she isn't there immediately, you have that unknown factor is she is coming out of the trees or on the other side of the map farming. I like the idea of it, but I don't think it makes her a good split pusher. Pubs do usually care about towers going down. 1600 range is decent, but keep in mind it isn't that far off of Blink range. In many cases, if you see that icon go away, you might be already dead.

I think her Phantom Strike not being a real escape also makes her weaker in that regard. At that point, why pick PA to do that when you could pick AM and do it better?

At the risk of having this conversation always turn out the way it does...

Look Hylian. I'm not saying PA is a better split pusher than AM. I'm not saying PA is the world's greatest carry or even Spectre tier.

I'm saying: You think PA is crap with a Battle Fury, partly because she can't even split push like AM can. I'm saying you underestimate her ability to split push with Battle Fury, because of Blur. Note that this is not saying that she is a top 10 split pusher, but that she's not junk at it.

What might a hero who is good at split pushing have? A rough list might include:
1. Ability to clear waves quickly to get to towers (Battle Fury, check)
2. Physical damage to take down buildings quickly ( Battle Fury adds a nice bit of damage. Some even build Desolator on PA as a fighting build. Even without Deso since PA builds for damage as a hard carry she's about even with this with AM etc )
3. Ability to escape when defending team comes back to save towers ( Blink Strike's not anywhere good as just Blink, but it's better than heroes without any kind of innate ability. Blur also helps with this since it's an early warning system for you. )

Blur's minimap invisibility adds a 4th element that's pretty much unique to her: the surprise factor. No other hero has the this "Oh what how did that tower go down so quickly it should just be creeps?" factor. Again, maybe it's not going to work at pro-level games but at 1300 MMR (which, bear in mind, is the player you're giving advice to) it's probably going to work well every so often.

So. Circling back to the original point: Why is Battle Fury not absolute junk on PA? Because it gives gives her farm, damage, sustain, and some ability to split push. Note how these are all good things. Maybe EE and Balto Avanta both prefer the "MoM Fight early" build for PA, but just like how some people prefer a Radiance-Octarine build on Alchemist and some prefer a Treads-Medallion fighting build, the Battle Fury build on PA isn't irrelevant.

some examples of stuff i like in no particular order:

1. space dandy

2. yugioh aka bakura gets bit by a marshmallow dick

3. samurai champloop

4. one paunch man

5. dragon z

6. blood blockade theater (made by the guy who made trigun)

need some badass animoes to watch now

Ok out of those series I've seen bits of Space Dandy, all of Samurai Champloo, and read the manga for Dragon Ball and One Punch Man. From that it seems like you're looking for action anime with some humor thrown in.

Some recommendations, in no particular order:

RWBY, Akame ga Kill, Kill La Kill, and Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (the TV series, not the movie. Also note that there's an older Fate/Stay Night TV series and a Fate/Zero TV series. You want the 2014 series). Those are all fairly new series, over the last 2 years or so.

Hylian7

At the risk of having this conversation always turn out the way it does...

Look Hylian. I'm not saying PA is a better split pusher than AM. I'm not saying PA is the world's greatest carry or even Spectre tier.

I'm saying: You think PA is crap with a Battle Fury, partly because she can't even split push like AM can. I'm saying you underestimate her ability to split push with Battle Fury, because of Blur. Note that this is not saying that she is a top 10 split pusher, but that she's not junk at it.

What might a hero who is good at split pushing have? A rough list might include:
1. Ability to clear waves quickly to get to towers (Battle Fury, check)
2. Physical damage to take down buildings quickly ( Battle Fury adds a nice bit of damage. Some even build Desolator on PA as a fighting build. Even without Deso since PA builds for damage as a hard carry she's about even with this with AM etc )
3. Ability to escape when defending team comes back to save towers ( Blink Strike's not anywhere good as just Blink, but it's better than heroes without any kind of innate ability. Blur also helps with this since it's an early warning system for you. )

Blur's minimap invisibility adds a 4th element that's pretty much unique to her: the surprise factor. No other hero has the this "Oh what how did that tower go down so quickly it should just be creeps?" factor. Again, maybe it's not going to work at pro-level games but at 1300 MMR (which, bear in mind, is the player you're giving advice to) it's probably going to work well every so often.

So. Circling back to the original point: Why is Battle Fury not absolute junk on PA? Because it gives gives her farm, damage, sustain, and some ability to split push. Note how these are all good things. Maybe EE and Balto Avanta both prefer the "MoM Fight early" build for PA, but just like how some people prefer a Radiance-Octarine build on Alchemist and some prefer a Treads-Medallion fighting build, the Battle Fury build on PA isn't irrelevant.

Fair enough, I can understand that. Like I said before though, I don't see BF often work out. Usually by the time she gets it, she's already lost the game because she still can't fight against any significant magic damage. The other team is just 5-manning everything, and PA can't join the fight without just getting blown up instantly.

BF on PA is not good, Hylian is 100% accurate. As far as I can see, not a single highly rated Dotabuff player builds it on her either. I tend to get it when I'm up against Lancer I think and that's it.

edit: Very few top rated players get it.

Low Tier
BF on PA is not good, Hylian is 100% accurate. As far as I can see, not a single highly rated Dotabuff player builds it on her either. I tend to get it when I'm up against Lancer I think and that's it.

edit: Very few top rated players get it.

this is completely false

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I never build BF on PA anymore. It doesn't help me kill heroes in the mid game better than lifesteal/bkb/basher and I fight all game with PA.

Acinixys

I cant take video game sites seriously when shit like this happens

The Witcher, one of the best games to come out in years, gets a 9.4, but Blundertale gets a 10?

Bitch please

Dont attach numbered scoring to your reviews if its just going to be meaningless garbage

sick.gif

Sibylus

Banned
I cant take video game sites seriously when shit like this happens

The Witcher, one of the best games to come out in years, gets a 9.4, but Blundertale gets a 10?

Bitch please

Dont attach numbered scoring to your reviews if its just going to be meaningless garbage

sick.gif
So, in other words, don't attach numbered scoring to your reviews.

Hylian7

So, in other words, don't attach numbered scoring to your reviews.

Basically. I mean the fact that we have websites that just average review scores across the board shows that people put way too much stock into those numbers.

I started Undertale last night and I like it so far. Very creative. I don't know if I'd call this the second coming of jesus or something, but it's definitely one of the best games of 2015.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remember when you could right click spiders onto a CM and she'd melt.

Yeah, good thing those days are behind us.

Acinixys

brood needs all the slapping she can get

Brood needs a remake on her skills

Attach Incapacitating Bite to Spin Web, so it only works when you are in your webs

Then give her a new skill that lets her easily escape ganks, but with a massive cooldown (100+ seconds. Maybe even 160+)

Her problem is that she is very static can cant move from the lane she is set up in. I really like Brood but never play her because shes garbage if you dont have a competent team that can pressure and keep the enemies off your back

_Legacy_

play unranked Single Draft and All Random for a week to clear your head tbh

download Neutral Camp Spawn Boxes (or whatever it's called now) and practice stacking/pulling/farming

learn a new hero, like OP garbage Elder Titan who hands out wins like candy right now

Single Draft and All Random is not a bad idea. Didn't realise you download things to practice farming!

Detox

Brood needs a remake on her skills

Attach Incapacitating Bite to Spin Web, so it only works when you are in your webs

Then give her a new skill that lets her easily escape ganks, but with a massive cooldown (100+ seconds. Maybe even 160+)

Her problem is that she is very static can cant move from the lane she is set up in. I really like Brood but never play her because shes garbage if you dont have a competent team that can pressure and keep the enemies off your back
I feel like the whole point of brood is to keep the enemies on your back and make space for your team.

Hylian7

I feel like the whole point of brood is to keep the enemies on your back and make space for your team.
Pretty much.

I don't think she is bad right now, just not in her recent OP incarnations. She isn't useless though, like her pre-6.79 and 6.80 versions.

Let's just remember that the terrain free pathing didn't exist until a few years ago. Webs broke trees back then.

In 6.80 if anyone had vision on her, the terrain free pathing didn't work.

kionedrik

BF on PA is not good. I also had to chuckle a bit at my 100% verifiable fact that hardly any top rated Dotabuff player builds being 'false'.

Care to explain why Bfury is bad on PA?

The fact that it's not a must have in all games doesn't make it a bad item. Unless you are forced to fight early there's very few reasons not to get it on PA.

shira

Streams
http://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en
http://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en2

- 2 day Group Stage: each team plays 5 Bo1 (2 or 3 each day)
- top 3 in each group advance
- 2 matches played simultaneously

= 5 wins guarantees automatic Semifinals ($30k)
= 4 wins guarantees advance to playoffs ($15k)
= 3 wins guarantees tiebreaker
= 0-1 wins guarantees no advance ($5k)

sZoB0j1.png

* schedule timing may vary

t1452678000z1.png

LGD vs Fnatic, Navi vs EG

t1452682800z1.png

LGD vs Spirit, Navi vs Fnatic

t1452687600z1.png

EG vs Spirit, VP vs Secret

t1452692400z1.png

EG vs LGD

rvGI8ZV.png
--> [A] vs Navi <---
rvGI8ZV.png

t1452697200z1.png

Fnatic vs [A], Vega vs Wings

t1452702000z1.png

Liquid vs CoL, Spirit vs [A]

t1452706800z1.png

Liquid vs Secret, VP vs Wings

t1452711600z1.png

Vega vs Secret, Col vs VP

t1452716400z1.png

Liquid vs Vega, CoL Vs Wings

Secret will only beat complexity, bookmark this

Group A seems tight. EG and LGD are guaranteed to advance imo, then it's a coin toss between the 3 others. Since it's BO1 na`vi may stand a chance actually

kionedrik

Why isn't OG playing this tournament? It feels like they are MIA atm and it can't be good for a top spot contender to be away from competition for this long.

Surprising early game, EG going real agressive and getting punished
venge is poor as fuck. omni though, that's a lot of cs

this game's over now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom