• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Had to pop off to a meeting and missed the end of the VP / Secret game wtf

Hopefully this is a lesson for people that DP isn't Superwoman.

Quesa

Team Unknown putting in that practice
rPmUusA.png

Just won with Meepo, 15-3-11

Pretty chuffed with that tbh, never use heroes who need micro. Only really microed the Meepos who were low on hp tbh to get them back to base, and switched between them to stack the abilities. Nowhere near ready to maintain a presence in more than 1 part of the map, though that's obviously his main strength.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2075928004

Team was really good, especially since I don't have much faith in Puck, Techies or Meepo players to have good matches. I know my last hits should be far more than that :(

Happy to see Sven get picked. He's really one of my favourite heroes in the game and has been for 2 years. Generally, I'm the most happy with "my" heroes being mid tier because that usually means that they're pretty viable in pubs and are at little risk of getting nerfed. Although to be fair, IF has been fairly generous with nerfs of good heroes in the past months excluding Huskar.

I also remember playing him back when I started Dota and I followed some garbage guide that recommended Bracer, Armlet and Mask of Madness and I recall being overburdened with the actives and never using them all at the same time.

It's interesting how much I enjoy GodZ in a dual cast whereas I find him hard to bear when he casts solo and his stream is really boring as well. He's definitely one of my favourite casters overall though.

I feel like FATA is among the most underappreciated players in the scene given how good he is and has been for years. He delivers consistently and is an A tier mid player in his, like, third or fourth consecutive year. The latter days of C9 (which included TI5) weren't as glorious obviously but I felt like he was the best among the lot.

And yet, he's not really the talk of the town ever. Possibly, because he doesn't stream, meme, or interact with the community much and has a reputation of being a rager.

I feel like FATA is among the most underappreciated players in the scene given how good he is and has been for years. He delivers consistently and is an A tier mid player in his, like, third or fourth consecutive year. The latter days of C9 (which included TI5) weren't as glorious obviously but I felt like he was the best among the lot.

And yet, he's not really the talk of the town ever. Possibly, because he doesn't stream, meme, or interact with the community much and has a reputation of being a rager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9NfPyKJ7qc

been a while already, lycan invoker + some sustain and boost like dazzle/chen/beast/VS and go all in, there's no defending against this crap

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Every meta Death Prophet was strong in was unenjoyable in my opinion. I hope push and zoo strats are just a fad this patch.

yes haven't seen successful push strats in over 2 years, zoMG 1 in every 5-6 comp. games employ a successful push strat and pubs still have 0 pUSH strats, i cANT handle dA DIVERSITY DEATHBALL META ICEFRAUD PlS

also if anything chen is the #1 reason for some shorter games, not DP

so let's add to the list for internet discussion boards evERyWHERE:
push strats? hate
split push? hate unless alliance does it but remains a shitty team and pulls it off once every 25 games
kill kill kill? tired of, in the hate pile
aoe teamfight meta? boring, done that
4 protect 1: zZzzZZZZ

yall just fkn hate dota man, da fAK is left

Hylian7

Push is 100% what I want in the new Meta, Death Prophet is my waifu
I'd rather not go back to the shitty TI4 meta. I'd rather have split push/rat than death ball.

6.84 was my favorite meta, just got tired of the same heroes after a while. I would like something like that, but of course with different heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom