• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes haven't seen successful push strats in over 2 years, zoMG 1 in every 5-6 games employs a successful push strat i cANT handle dA DIVERSITY DEATHBALL META ICEFRAUD PlS

dude wat? How did you extract that rubbish content out of my post? lmao

I unambiguously stated that I'm unsure as to how the meta will shape up in the future. The push tendendy some of the current, successful drafts appear to have is something I hope to not see too much in the future. Given how long metas usually take to solidify, I would think there's a good chance people will come up with other successful draft methods that I prefer seeing. The fact that the last actual push meta was in mid 2014 is irrelevant to my point. I had to endure it once and it soured me for life to be frank.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'd rather not go back to the shitty TI4 meta. I'd rather have split push/rat than death ball.

6.84 was my favorite meta, just got tired of the same heroes after a while. I would like something like that, but of course with different heroes.

well i hate to inform u that different heroes in dota are good at different things

ergo when kill kill kill heroes are good/buffed u get kill kill kill metagame

when pushing heroes are good/buffed u get some push strats

the cycle of dota, attached to heroes. a big thing ppl dont realize--'icefraud pLS i love seeing puppey chen hes my fav. and chen is rly fun to watch!' 'ok friend.' well when chen is good, guess what strat chen is a central part of... yeah.

id rather have a metagame where a variety of strats can coexist, and unfortunately, in the past 2 or so years pushing hasn't been that viable of a strat and it absolutely needs to be to counter greedy lineups that can't D towers to save their life. necessary part of dota and the balance of the game

yes, push every game is boring. as is aoe everygame, kill everygame, split push everygame, but we haven't seen that at all out of this starladder or the recent qualifier. We have a push strat game followed by a 60+ minute naga game followed by a standard gyro kill game. I mean so far, that's the ideal to me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sven being picked regularly
ashot_sven.gif

why are all these teams throwing against Secret

Meh, it's pretty much impossible to push into secrets lineup. Yet they're also forced to get moving because Secret can easily pick em apart with Bat and Embers mobility. When Earth spirit is allowed to farm up aghs as well, it's just gonna get worse and worse.

So, this kind of push is expected, as is its failure imo.

scarybore

Nicely done Vega, though I had a damn good laugh at them wondering what to do with the rapiers, they really didn't want them lol.

Acinixys

I want to shit on Secret but they've been losing for so long now it's not fun anymore

I was about to come post about this

Losing to junk ass teams all the time

Are they saving strats or have they already fallen?

There is not a single team im excited for anymore

Both EG and Secret have been terrible lately

abunai

I wouldn't put much stock in bo1's but yes secret have looked sloppy and uncoordinated for a while

is puppey playing csgo instead of dota again

Do y'all get crashes frequently playing Dota?

I've got a 4790k and SLi 980s, so I should be fine maxing things out, but from time to time I'll get a crash to desktop or worse, a BSOD and it only happens when playing Dota 2.

Wondering if it's due to Reborn and SLi oddness.

shira

If the Canadian dollar is still around 0.70:1.00

I doubt I'll go to TI6.

LOL Canadian dollar is going to be half a US dollar at this rate

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/macquarie-loonie-forecast-1.3401644

Do y'all get crashes frequently playing Dota?

I've got a 4790k and SLi 980s, so I should be fine maxing things out, but from time to time I'll get a crash to desktop or worse, a BSOD and it only happens when playing Dota 2.

Wondering if it's due to Reborn and SLi oddness.

nvidia is not playing well with reborn

Hylian7

game is updating could it be compendium

http://www.dota2.com/news/updates/19971/

* Fixed a bug where the current prize pool for active leagues wasn't appearing correctly on the store item details page.
* Fixed a bug with the rendering of fog of war, it is now more accurate when showing visible areas that are very small.
* Wards and Tangos can no longer be shared with illusions.
* Fixed a bug where a consumed Moon Shard would not contribute to net worth.
* Fixed a bug where player names could be replaced with localized strings.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom