• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twookie

the new centaur set makes him look like a helghast
crazy.gif

lol the best thing in the compendium is temporary.

The outcry about this being temporary is pretty big. I think they'll change it to be permanent eventually.

It seems like such a waste of development time to map a temporary map. That's a lot of assets that are just going to waste that people would be more than happy to use all year.

Dreavus

The outcry about this being temporary is pretty big. I think they'll change it to be permanent eventually.

It seems like such a waste of development time to map a temporary map. That's a lot of assets that are just going to waste that people would be more than happy to use all year.

Only reason I can think of is that they want to "use it again" next year when they have the inevitable 2017 Battle pass.

if you need someone to talk you out of poor spending decisions, I'd be happy to do it

don't buy major compendiums, wait for TI

Yes please, talk me out of buying the battle pass!

I skipped the Fall Major compendium because it seemed terrible compared to the TI compendiums. This isn't quite on the same level either, but it does seem like a nice chunk of content.

DrPizza

Banned

I skipped the Fall Major compendium because it seemed terrible compared to the TI compendiums. This isn't quite on the same level either, but it does seem like a nice chunk of content.

4 different chests, a bunch of little things, and levelling up is done by completing achievements, not by spending money.

It's an interesting new direction.

A lot of people seem displeased with the red skywrath set (and the precedent it sets), I wonder if it will be changed.

Anyway, the wraith king set looks awesome, the clock helm is cute as fuck and the drow set could be nice with a better haircut. The rubick set is cool in concept but the execution is too garish for my refined, distinguished taste in Digital Hats.

A lot of people seem displeased with the red skywrath set (and the precedent it sets), I wonder if it will be changed.

Anyway, the wraith king set looks awesome, the clock helm is cute as fuck and the drow set could be nice with a better haircut. The rubick set is cool in concept but the execution is too garish for my refined, distinguished taste in Digital Hats.

I hope Valve listens and gives us another Alpine Ursa situation...

kiguel182

As a new player that Battle Pass stuff seems cool. I can buy it with steam money right ? I'm going to sell some cards and see where that gets me and I might buy it.

compendiums aren't really worth it without the months of hype that lead up to a major event, paying to get chests isn't a good deal even if you like gambling

frankfurt major was super underwhelming and the shanghai major will probably be even less hype. Items are like waifus, they aren't real.

KingKong

hard to be hype for an event that happens overnight. Just make everything convenient for the greatest country ever created, that's all I ask

Shinypogs

I don't think all the casting in dota is terrible but it has gotten memetastic lately. While not a model of perfection I miss a lot of the casters from starcraft, people like artosis and Apollo had a good sense of how to balance hype with analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom