• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublehex

Neo Member
I mean I think Misery is more of an issue than w33 right now. w33 has been contributing more than Misery right now, who only seems to do really well on LD. w33 at least has some flexibility with Invoker, ES and the occasional Puck.

how does the owner benefit from team secret anyway?
or is there a company literally called team secret that earns money from t shirt sales and whatnot?

I figure it was a "rich kid funds esports team for fun" situation based on their mysterious Turkish sponsor. A lot of Chinese teams started that way

Matt, post something cryptic if this is the case

I mean I think Misery is more of an issue than w33 right now. w33 has been contributing more than Miracle right now, who only seems to do really well on LD. w33 at least has some flexibility with Invoker, ES and the occasional Puck.

Did you watch those two games ? Miracle did great on AM and invoker
edit : aight
diediedie is not shining either

Doublehex

Neo Member
Lol sorry, I meant to say Misery. Miracle is A class as usual.

edit to respond to your edit: I don't think its pie^3 that is the problem either. I think it comes to inflexibility in drafts and Misery being an inconsistent offlaner. He is either an absolute beast or absolute dogshit.

wow I dunno what just happened. I put in a buy order for golden barbed skadi for 12 valve bucks last night and ended up paying only $1.31 for it.

This is inscribed on the item apparently...

"&#1048;&#1088;&#1080;&#1096;&#1082; :3 &#1071; &#1093;&#1086;&#1095;&#1091; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1074;&#1077;&#1089;&#1090;&#1080; &#1101;&#1090;&#1091; &#1078;&#1080;&#1079;&#1085;&#1100; &#1089; &#1090;&#1086;&#1073;&#1086;&#1081; <3"

according to google translate

"Irishku : 3 I want to spend this life with you < 3"

wow I dunno what just happened. I put in a buy order for golden barbed skadi for 12 valve bucks last night and ended up paying only $1.31 for it.

This is inscribed on the item apparently...

"&#1048;&#1088;&#1080;&#1096;&#1082; :3 &#1071; &#1093;&#1086;&#1095;&#1091; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1074;&#1077;&#1089;&#1090;&#1080; &#1101;&#1090;&#1091; &#1078;&#1080;&#1079;&#1085;&#1100; &#1089; &#1090;&#1086;&#1073;&#1086;&#1081; <3"

according to google translate

"Irishku : 3 I want to spend this life with you < 3"

fb0.jpg

Madouu

Mesery has crazy flexibility... it's their overall strats that have not been working.

Also I'll go ahead and say that Envy is not as good of a drafter as Puppey.

shira

Pretty sure he takes a cut of the winnings in exchange for organizing hotels, training houses, travel and visas, merchandising, etc.

My guess is that he fronts the money so that they have a generous line of credit from a billionaire and he knows they are good for it because he is in esports himself - and tournies take a few months to pay out.

Travel/hotel is paid by the tournaments.

Red UFO

Just played a game as ember spirit, went 15 for 5, finished the game holding two rapiers in an attempt to carry my brain dead team-mates.

We lose, offlane tide who's 3 for 13 says "report ember"

??????

How do I come back to this game (actually I don't mind not being able to play)?

Once you haven't played for months, it's hard to have the energy to play. Once you play, you know you're going to be trapped in the addiction again. Do most of you still play regularly?

Dreavus

I don't play much Dota during the week these days but I was home a little earlier than usual yesterday so went for a couple games. Got crushed in both (I think our party had a few higher skilled guys pulling us up this time, but they really weren't very close matches). Such a crap way to end the evening, lol.

BeesEight

How do I come back to this game (actually I don't mind not being able to play)?

Once you haven't played for months, it's hard to have the energy to play. Once you play, you know you're going to be trapped in the addiction again. Do most of you still play regularly?

I'm with you. Was out of the country for three months so couldn't play Dota. Since coming back, I think I've loaded it up once. Just can't find the motivation.

I think having friends that play would work. When my sister moves again, I'll likely end up playing more Dota.

I play pretty much 1 or 2 matches 4 days a week lately. I'm currently in a real shitty losing streak right now and so I've found that a good palette cleanser (rather than staying away from the game) has been to solo queue up an unfair bot (I was surprised at how the unfair bots would actually wipe me at first) match by myself. I wish I were good enough to have a proper smurf account.

Kade

I've been playing 2-3 matches every night with an RL friend of mine. Can't stand solo queue, ranked or otherwise.

bbd23

taking my two month break from dota made me realize that there are so many better games out there.

i still play but not as addicted to it as I was.

watching it is still really enjoyable though!

Deltoid

Banned
taking my two month break from dota made me realize that there are so many better games out there.

i dunno if this is true, I've only played like 5 games of dota over the last 3 months (2k+ games total), but I still think dota is one of the most fun games out there. The issue is only ~10% of games are fun, and I can't be bothered to deal with the other 90% of shit games. Dota at its best is more fun than any other game I think.

also so many people seem to be playing less these days, but still watching competitive, I think that's a good sign of a healthy competitive game

Shinypogs

I enjoy playing bane normally but this 100 seconds of disable quest is going to kill me by the time I finally get the amount and win a game at the same time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What games should I watch on VOD?

i still play but not as addicted to it as I was.

watching it is still really enjoyable though!
The booster made me wanna come back.
I like selling hats and watching games, but it's not that fun to play.

tumblr_inline_o1l3dvQqMS1tb32l0_500.gif
Weekly reminder everyone should watch Haikyu!!

52club

I enjoy playing bane normally but this 100 seconds of disable quest is going to kill me by the time I finally get the amount and win a game at the same time.

How close have you gotten? Seems like something you could do towards the end of a walk over...since I thought nightmaring your own team counts. Or am I wrong about that?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does it have to be a stun or can it be any kind of hard disable?

Because Naga disables people for 100+ seconds in an average game.

Shaker is basically the stun hero so he's probably your guy. DK has a spammable long duration stun but you'd have to be fighting a lot for it to work out, I don't know if it's even possible.

Tiny
Witch Doctor
Lion
Nyx
Techies?(I don't play him so I don't know how realistic this is)
Centaur
Sven
Slardar
Strength Morphling
Sand King

Witch Doctor could be a very good option depending on your luck, Strength Morphling is no joke either.

Shinypogs

How close have you gotten? Seems like something you could do towards the end of a walk over...since I thought nightmaring your own team counts. Or am I wrong about that?

I think I had 95 seconds of disable once but we lost the game. I'm on a 6 game losing streak atm 5 of those games with bane whom I used to have a half decent winrate with. Tried a dark seer game hoping to win and add to my last 500 last hits weekly quest but we lost that too. I'm rusty as heck and I was never very good but all my teams feel wonky lately. To be fair we did manage to throw a recent game that should have been unloseable so *shrugs*.

Shinypogs

Does it have to be a stun or can it be any kind of hard disable?

Because Naga disables people for 100+ seconds in an average game.

Naga sleep doesn't count but net apparently does. Only stuns and hexes seems to count, silences, roots and sleeps don't work. Most people are completing the challenge with bane, spirit breaker or lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom