• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

So I got a conduct report.

I am the 1% apparently, reported more than 99% of other players, but never been in LP lol.

A real solo queue would solve so many of my reports, almost all of them are from shit head stacks I know.

edit: I swear I'm not toxic when the team isn't toxic :( no LP please volvo

Saprol

ordered an out-of-stock benq monitor from amazon on new years eve. finally got my notice they're shipping. it's coming from a nearby city. i guess they just shoved it out back the warehouse door the moment stock arrived

2 monitors is finally happening
charm_happytears.gif

ordered an out-of-stock benq monitor from amazon on new years eve. finally got my notice they're shipping. it's coming from a nearby city. i guess they just shoved it out back the warehouse door the moment stock arrived

charm_happytears.gif

2 monitors is when a boy becomes a man

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

charm_happytears.gif

I've been about that life since Xmas and there's no going back.

Kard8p3

charm_happytears.gif

which 1 did u order

I can't fucking handle this game anymore. I'm uninstalling. Spent so much time trying to get good, making no progress. Such a waste...

Normal
Ranked
I really sud have won mid :/
You're not going to have a lot of fun and you're definitely not going to become much better if you keep pressuring yourself like that. Play the game and try to learn from your mistakes, maybe post a match and ask someone to give you some pointers(not me I'm bad too).

I really don't get why you say you should have won mid vs TA though, unless that player laned poorly and you played worse. Keep in mind that some people smurf, you're always going to lose mid vs someone who's just a better player, no matter the matchup. Sometimes you just get outplayed by a comparable player though, and that's fine, just gotta move on.

Also, play some different heroes and roles, I almost only see carry and mid games on the same couple of heroes. It's usually fine but you'll come out a better player if you see things from different perspectives.

Try out some different item builds, you like to stick to basically the same builds even when you lose, try some alternative builds(check out how top tier players like to build them), even if they don't work you'll learn more about your heroes.

Finally, and this one is pretty huge, you die A LOT. As in so much that I don't think it has something to do with your skill level, it probably has to do with your playstyle. I can't watch replays right now but there's a good chance that you play way too agressively and get yourself into bad situations because of overcommitment. Testing your boundaries is great, and you should keep doing it, but you do need to learn what those boundaries are eventually. For example, if you dive someone under their tower and end up dying, ask yourself what you did wrong and what you could be doing differently next time. Did you miss a skill? Try to hit it next time. Were you too low health? Check your health before you go next time. Did you underestimate how tanky they were? Don't dive them unless they're low.

Basically, take a break, watch some pro players stream, watch some pro games, eventually go back to your replays and see what went wrong, learn from your mistakes, rinse repeat.

Or you can quit if you don't enjoy playing the game anymore, which is fine too.

I can't fucking handle this game anymore. I'm uninstalling. Spent so much time trying to get good, making no progress. Such a waste...

Normal
Ranked
I really sud have won mid :/

Don't give up.

Getting better isn't going to show up as an unstoppable string of wins, the match making system is designed to give you close matches as often as it can.

Getting better is going to show up in small ways. It's going to be things like you remembering to stack your camps as you farm them. It's going to be things like you remembering to push your creeps mid before the 2 minutes mark so you can secure the rune. It's going to be things like your last hitting improving, you watching your GPM numbers climb over a series of games. It's going to be things like you realizing "I can dive this guy under his tower, kill him and get away with it", then executing it exactly as you imagined.

Don't give up.

Dota is rewarding in that there are a million ways to get better at the game, and lots of them are directly measurable. If you're conscious about improving, you should be able to look back at a replay of a game you've saved a 100 matches ago, and be able to identify plenty of things you've gotten much better at since then. Even if it's just simple stuff like "I've learned that I can use this path through the trees to juke my opponents", or "That is a good place to put a ward before our team pushes the tower", you should be able to recognize how much better you are now then you were then.

Don't give up. The path to self-improvement is not easy, but it's worth walking.

This is the same hero that r/Dota2 said would be average if not bad after 6.86 and being added to CM.

Keep that in mind, friends.
They always overreact to nerfs

Icefrog's nerfing is usually very nice, other devs either don't nerf op stuff or completely dumpster them. Icefrog has done this a couple times(Troll, Huskar, BS) but in general he's on point. I think he dumpsters some heroes on purpose(techies) but that might just be me.

just make heroes affected by ES's ult deniable

how could newbee fuck this fight up so bad
nvm they got a good one after
I feel this naix is gonna do jackshit later though

I've got no idea what the fuck newbee are doing

YAS
get fucked

M.D

You guys don't understand that this tournament is just practice for every western team. Only china tryhards because they always tryhard. EE is drafting cuz puppy doesnt want his draft to be analyzed before the major. Look at EG. You think those were their best drafts? Everyone from the west wants to learn as much about chinese dota as they can while giving as little information away as possible.
You wanna win some free cash bet all you have on chinese teams being in grand final.

????

Jezbollah

Are Secret just trying to get all the shitty play out before the Major or something?

Too many tournaments, not enough homework? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom