• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Tier
unless you're good playing a bunch of games with one hero wont make you any better. Its better to be good at most of the heroes and have a solid grasp on the game before you 'specialize'.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What do you guys think about binging heroes Admiral Bulldog style? I kind of feel like playing a fuck ton of Shadow Fiend games in a row (like 50-100) but I'm not sure how conducive it really is.
Works best on heroes that can go many places. Silla can go just about anywhere, SF it's very limited on laning positions.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Works best on heroes that can go many places. Silla can go just about anywhere, SF it's very limited on laning positions.

Yeah, in my experience going in to a pub game determined to play one specific hero results in a bad match more often than not. Gotta try to adapt to whatever shit the randoms are picking.

YaphetS now back as part of TongFu's third team.

They will play in South Korea in the NEXON Invitational Super Match starting next week.

TongFu's third team looks as follow:

Junjie “Sydm” Tong
Huang “LongDD” Xiang
Zhao “kabu” Kai
Bu “YaphetS” Yanjun
"zExBinGo"

Damn, just build a Agha on Prophet for the first time in AGES ... kinda not as strong as I remember. welp, it annoyed Brood enough and gave me the spiderling money, so all was good at the end.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The one thing about necro is that it kept getting buffed to try and make up for Midas and Helm murdering the item. Removing those counters has now left us with a super buffed necrobook.

Not really. Dom countering necro wasn't a big deal when dom was a 300s CD, then 6.75 hit and it became the instant ez no brainer counter with a 60s CD. Most of Necro's buffs came before that patch. Midas countering dom has always been more unreliable, the helm change is what killed the item for awhile.

What do you guys think about binging heroes Admiral Bulldog style? I kind of feel like playing a fuck ton of Shadow Fiend games in a row (like 50-100) but I'm not sure how conducive it really is.

Like 109 said this is something you should really only do this when your mechanics are solid and you feel confident playing any hero IMO.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Few things in life are as frustrating as a Lifestealer Riki combo. Unless you literally place sentries wherever you think there might be even the slightest chance of a fight and make sure that the fight stays in that tiny area then a 2v2 becomes a 4v2 at a moments notice in which everyone is silenced

Artanisix

Few things in life are as frustrating as a Lifestealer Riki combo. Unless you literally place sentries wherever you think there might be even the slightest chance of a fight and make sure that the fight stays in that tiny area then a 2v2 becomes a 4v2 at a moments notice in which everyone is silenced

Get a push team and deathball in the midgame, Riki gets slaughtered there 8)

edit: For those still looking for a team for the GAF tourney, make sure you guys talk to each other and try to form groups. You have the power to post here or PM others, we can't organize the teams for you guys. And for those who have a full team, make sure you PM bzm and figure out what times are cool for you guys.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm still winless/clueless with her. Needs another buff/passive before she's wood tier viable.

What's to get? Level E-W-E-W-E-R, maybe one point in silence if they have a lot of casters, and then just start roaming and make every teamfight a death zone that the enemy is desperate to flee from.

I'm still winless/clueless with her. Needs another buff/passive before she's wood tier viable.

How's that possible? Go mid with her. Harass and last-hit with one of the longest range autoattacks in the game and a spammable, long-range aoe nuke. Get to 6 and go take a tower somewhere with R. Rinse and repeat as you farm big items.

shira

How's that possible? Go mid with her. Harass and last-hit with one of the longest range autoattacks in the game and a spammable, long-range aoe nuke. Get to 6 and go take a tower somewhere with R. Rinse and repeat as you farm big items.
IDK, she's not mai style-u

http://www.team-dignitas.net/articl...tA-2-Roster-Changes-Bdiz-retires-DeMoN-joins/
jimmy-ho-demon-2.jpg

Bdiz kick, DeMon in. Let the Dignithrows commence

Hylian7

Please be trolling.

Even before the buff she was viable. Not picked in the pro scene, but in pubs she was and now is even more amazing.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/208684794

This match was months ago, but it was AR. The other team decided to 5-man down mid around 8 minutes since they knew that was their only hope of winning. I went for a quick Bloodstone, BoTs, and racecar build from there and took all the other towers. Dreams was incredibly farmed on that Weaver, and our team could hold them off without me. I kept going around the map and pushing lanes in. When they responded, they may get one stun on me, but I was gone after that because I was so fast. Every single tower fell by my hands, even all the way to the ancient. In the time it took them to finally take our mid rax, I already took two of theirs.

shira

Please be trolling.

Even before the buff she was viable. Not picked in the pro scene, but in pubs she was and now is even more amazing.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/208684794

This match was months ago, but it was AR. The other team decided to 5-man down mid around 8 minutes since they knew that was their only hope of winning. I went for a quick Bloodstone, BoTs, and racecar build from there and took all the other towers. Dreams was incredibly farmed on that Weaver, and our team could hold them off without me. I kept going around the map and pushing lanes in. When they responded, they may get one stun on me, but I was gone after that because I was so fast. Every single tower fell by my hands, even all the way to the ancient. In the time it took them to finally take our mid rax, I already took two of theirs.

Like I said earlier not my playstyle. And my brain just doesn't like the "loose" nuke. I need immediate visual feedback in the form of stun, slow, or disable. Idk pet peeve of mine

I bought a laptop cooling pad. Hopefully it will improve my ability to play Dota without worrying that my laptop is gonna explode during a really important teamfight.

Yasae

Banned
52 games since the patch, and have only won 17 (32.7%). I'm actually struggling to find anyone on my friend's list with a rate above about 45% since the patch.

The matchmaking difficulty went way the hell up, and it doesn't help that some heroes got overbuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom