• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love having a match where everything clicks and you get out of situations you should have died.

Shadow Shaman can really disable a team and destroy with his serpents with little help needed.

I think I've won more after patch than I lost, however I did have one losing streak.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/361573728

Pretty rough match with some players from the GAF channel. We had a mid game lineup and got absolutely crushed in the mid game.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/358838631

This, however, was a great game with some randoms. The first time I've ever played with a good Invoker. It was also my first time playing Lich since the new patch; goddamn the new Tranquil Boots synergize perfectly with him. Their Lifestealer got really farmed and I thought we were done for several times, but we managed to pull off a victory.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
52 games since the patch, and have only won 17 (32.7%). I'm actually struggling to find anyone on my friend's list with a rate above about 45% since the patch.

The matchmaking difficulty went way the hell up, and it doesn't help that some heroes got overbuffed.

I've probably played about thirty games since the patch and my win rate is 75 or 80%.

Kard8p3

That feel when your team refuses to push when almost everyone has been fed by the enemy team, so they give the other team time to get fed to the point where LD can't carry them anymore :\

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, advice time. How do you deal with a Spirit Breaker and a KotL in the laning phase? You only get one set of wards to start with. If you put the wards up in forest to be aware of Kotl blasts then SB has free map reign, if you put the wards out in the river to watch SB charges then KotL goes to town

Sibylus

Banned
Okay, advice time. How do you deal with a Spirit Breaker and a KotL in the laning phase? You only get one set of wards to start with. If you put the wards up in forest to be aware of Kotl blasts then SB has free map reign, if you put the wards out in the river to watch SB charges then KotL goes to town
My knee-jerk reaction is that you don't need wards to watch for Kotl blasts, it's all about anticipating them to begin with and minding your toes. It's going to be obvious when he's left the lane.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

What hero were you? Is this a 2v1? 2v2? Safe lane? Off lane? The answer varies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What hero were you? Is this a 2v1? 2v2? Safe lane? Off lane? The answer varies.

I was bot on dire as Axe dealing with a Riki and a Warlock. IIRC Breaker was doing a good job of faking us out by ducking into the fog and out for a while so missing calls weren't entirely helpful and even at 1/3d health I was dying to his sudden charges. KotL was wrecking shit up top for our Troll and Jakiro though

4wbNWpp.png

Let's see those Anti-Mages, kids.

Kreunt

Banned
I was bot on dire as Axe dealing with a Riki and a Warlock. IIRC Breaker was doing a good job of faking us out by ducking into the fog and out for a while so missing calls weren't entirely helpful and even at 1/3d health I was dying to his sudden charges. KotL was wrecking shit up top for our Troll and Jakiro though

troll/jakiro should be dominating the kotl if his SB has left the lane.

shira

And then everyone had a Midas. Best patch ever.

5 midas. This is just stupid.

Where are you seeing the stupid? All I see is dollars pouring out of every orifice.

If this continues Icefrog will just nerf it; I'm fine with it getting nerfed. All those idiot cliff junglers will be trying to buy a 5000 midas or something. So maybe yes, maybe no.

Chris R

Drunk me is 2-0... so much better than sober 0-7... :(

Awesome though when I'm solo top Radiant and can do as well as I need to as Jakiro against Tiny lol.

Pkaz01

anyone getting less items after this patch? I've played six or seven games and the only item I got was when i leveled not even getting chests.

Lotto

What did I just watch. Looks like we can just make a universal guide to any hero.

Core items: Midas + Necrobook 3

Seems like another trend. I doubt it will be dominant for long.

Clawww

I just played the stupidest fucking match I've ever had, so angry.

Might have to uninstall for a few days.

ASDFGH.

I'm with you on the rage

this fucking assfucked matchmaking drives me nuts

I *know* games and hours played doesn't necessarily mean shit but it's an extra layer of painful and shitty and frustrating when you're fuckin playing with kids with like, 4 total commends and 19 hours played. what the flying fuck, valve.

I prolly brought this on myself for having lots of abandons. there must be some hidden priority system. it's all my fault. fuck.

fiore

Banned
I'm with you on the rage

this fucking assfucked matchmaking drives me nuts

I *know* games and hours played doesn't necessarily mean shit but it's an extra layer of painful and shitty and frustrating when you're fuckin playing with kids with like, 4 total commends and 19 hours played. what the flying fuck, valve.

I prolly brought this on myself for having lots of abandons. there must be some hidden priority system. it's all my fault. fuck.
Just queue captains draft. By far the best mode and the least amount of 12 y/o kids playing.

Dahbomb

+1 for Captain's Draft.

Why is it the best mode?

*Enough heroes in the pool so you aren't shafted by RNG or poor team composition.

*Not the entire roster so you don't have to worry about tier whoring or FotM picks that much. The 4 bans also removes the standard problem heroes.

*Enough time for picks but not too long given overall so it takes much less time than Captains Mode to draft.

*No douchebag waiting until the creep spawn to last pick a carry.

The only problem with it is that you might end up at the mercy of the captain who might draft your team something awful. That has happened to me a couple of times but at least in my bracket people know what they are doing somewhat. You can avoid this issue entirely by having fast fingers (or a computer that loads the screens a bit faster) and knowing exactly where the Captain button appears on the screen. You just have to take responsibility for your loss if you get out drafted.

Sibylus

Banned
4 midas on rising stars.. what is this shit. the fuck is a cm going to do with a midas but feed even more?
Rising stars apparently think that a little extra gold and xp will compensate for the lack of items that enable them to fight. I'm not exactly convinced.

fiore

Banned
You just have to take responsibility for your loss if you get out drafted.
Lose a game as captain: teammates will say that captain made poor drafting choices, even if one teammate is 0-20

Win a game as captain: everyone is happy, kind of

Pkaz01

Rising stars apparently think that a little extra gold and xp will compensate for the lack of items that enable them to fight. I'm not exactly convinced.

no way, they lost this one for sure. This midas strat will last like a week.

I like the increase in linkens purchases though.

Sibylus

Banned
Yeah, Rstars tried this goofball shit against a team that didn't just sit back and let them do it. Blink Daggers, Linken's Spheres and Mekansms against a bunch of Hands of Midas = lol.

Pkaz01

Yeah, Rstars tried this goofball shit against a team that didn't just sit back and let them do it. Blink Daggers, Linken's Spheres and Mekansms against a bunch of Hands of Midas = lol.

yea its like some kind of pub stomp shit. Not going to work against people like iceiceice and mushi

Hylian7

Is there any reason why Visage doesn't have this?

ilBkCKxHSwEhY.jpg

I feel like it makes perfect sense for him to have it since Meepo and Lone Druid both have it. The Familiars are permanent.

fiore

Banned
Is there any reason why Visage doesn't have this?

ilBkCKxHSwEhY.jpg

I feel like it makes perfect sense for him to have it since Meepo and Lone Druid both have it. The Familiars are permanent.
I always wonder why people needed those icons. What do they use them for?

BTW, two hours until we get to see team liquid, fnatic, and underrated face each other!

Sibylus

Banned
Certainly don't need it to win, but having instant feedback on all of the damage your summons are taking is a really, really great tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom