• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

Certainly don't need it to win, but having instant feedback on all of the damage your summons are taking is a really, really great tool.

Well only time I'll find that useful is when I have to check the HP per creep across the map.
But that's what the selection tool bar is for. I don't know, I guess they should make it an option then, more options can't be bad.

(Give me the drum match ready sound as an option too)

Sibylus

Banned
Selection tool bar means you can't move independent of your treants though, as you say it's an option that makes things more flexible.

F!ReW!Re

Selection tool bar means you can't move independent of your treants though, as you say it's an option that makes things more flexible.

What do you mean?
Keybinds:

Z for main hero.
X for all summons.
C for hero + summons.

I'll just hit x, select the creep with low hp and move it back.
I don't have to move the camera across the map.

Hylian7

I always wonder why people needed those icons. What do they use them for?

BTW, two hours until we get to see team liquid, fnatic, and underrated face each other!

I really don't need that shit when I'm playing NP ;-)

Certainly don't need it to win, but having instant feedback on all of the damage your summons are taking is a really, really great tool.

I agree with Firewire, I wouldn't need it on temporary ones either. It's only really helpful on important ones like Meepo, Lone Druid, or Visage. Gives you extremely quick feedback like Bo said on when they are taking damage. It also allows for quick selection and evasive/aggressive action of the low health one.

On Visage in particular, if one is low health, all you would have to do is click the picture, boom, Stone Form instead of "tab tab til you get the right one, stone form"

Sibylus

Banned
What do you mean?
Keybinds:

Z for main hero.
X for all summons.
C for hero + summons.

I'll just hit x, select the creep with low hp and move it back.
I don't have to move the camera across the map.
I'm talking about simultaneously. Regardless of what you have selected at any given moment, the health and damage indicators are global with the side panels. No hotkey juggling needed. Also a bit quicker to realize when you're feeding summons.

fiore

Banned
I agree with Firewire, I wouldn't need it on temporary ones either. It's only really helpful on important ones like Meepo, Lone Druid, or Visage. Gives you extremely quick feedback like Bo said on when they are taking damage. It also allows for quick selection and evasive/aggressive action of the low health one.

On Visage in particular, if one is low health, all you would have to do is click the picture, boom, Stone Form instead of "tab tab til you get the right one, stone form"
I actually prefer selecting summon itself but to each his own.

Hylian7

So I encountered something I had no idea how to deal with today.

I played Lone Druid in the offlane, and was against Lina and Sven...fuck...that. I got like no farm, I survived, but they constantly bullied my bear out of there, even killing it once early on. I barely got experience either. How the hell do you deal with something like that?

F!ReW!Re

So I encountered something I had no idea how to deal with today.

I played Lone Druid in the offlane, and was against Lina and Sven...fuck...that. I got like no farm, I survived, but they constantly bullied my bear out of there, even killing it once early on. I barely got experience either. How the hell do you deal with something like that?

I don't know, there's just some line-ups that you won't be able to handle as a solo druid.
Either keep harassing them with the bear and soak levels (which you probably tried).
Else it's best to just completely abandon the lane and go to the jungle and catch up on farm/xp.

I play a lot of solo offlane heroes and sometimes just trying not to die is almost impossible.

Speaking of hard lanes: Bane + Death Prophet is the stuff of nightmares.

I kinda find Bane one of the most annoying heroes to lane against because of that sleep and brain sap.
Went up against a trilane once of bane, mirana and sven. Can't remember what we laned as but we got destroyed.

shira

IMG_20131028_181938.jpg
IMG_20131028_180841.jpg
Fail Korea
B-tier teams for F-tier crowd

Everyone spread out please

ReRixo

Banned
Why is dota 2 so small in korea? Did dota never take off? Seems LoL is so popular I thought dota would steal some of its audience

ksan

one theory is that they need to bribe refs to actually win in competitive team games
at least that's what happened in counter-strike
then again, they just got knocked out the next round after that

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Why doesn't Weaver have better movement and attack speed? He's a goddamn bug!

Weaver's attack speed is just fine. And his movement speed is also just fine with Shukuchi, hell the last two games I've played with him I haven't gotten brown boots until I've finished my Linkens and I kicked ass in those games. Just get your mana rock early and you can spam that shit all day.

ReRixo

Banned
Who is still looking to form a team for the GAF tournament?

Never know with Valve, usually that have a 3 day site up announcing the coming and explaining what it all is, nothing like that for TF2/Dota 2 yet though :(

Yeah that's what I was expecting since I used to play TF2 loads back in the day...

Ketch

I neglected DOTA for Path of Exile this weekend. Made an Antimage clone. It worked pretty good too, made it to lvl 40, and then it turned out fucked because there's no BKB in that game.

Their hats aren't nearly as good either.

Anteo

I neglected DOTA for Path of Exile this weekend. Made an Antimage clone. It worked pretty good too, made it to lvl 40, and then it turned out fucked because there's no BKB in that game.

Their hats aren't nearly as good either.

"Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast"

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom