• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just, they've done this before for TF2 and stuff. They love hiding stuff on random URLs for people who bother checking them.
I don't really know when they're coming. Earth Spirit's icons are a little rough and Ember Spirit's hero portrait is kind of bland. Probably a bit away, but they've shipped heroes in worse shape before.

Probably more to stop people from going "Daed Gaem volvo disbanded" and that nonsense. This'll at least quiet them a bit for a week or so.

Probably more to stop people from going "Daed Gaem volvo disbanded" and that nonsense. This'll at least quiet them a bit for a week or so.

Of course it won't. The only thing that will stem the tide of frustration about the lack of new heroes...is the addition of new heroes. Everyone knows they're working on adding the rest of the missing heroes. The cyborgmatt unreleased hero update page is there for all to see. But it doesn't mean anything to anyone until some consistency or expectation for releases can be established.

It's like promising someone they'll get a check in the mail and never specifying when. Yea it'll be nice when the check arrives...but excitement is tempered when days turn into weeks turn into months.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Of course it won't. The only thing that will stem the tide of frustration about the lack of new heroes...is the addition of new heroes. Everyone knows they're working on adding the rest of the missing heroes. The cyborgmatt unreleased hero update page is there for all to see. But it doesn't mean anything to anyone until some consistency or expectation for releases can be established.

It's like promising someone they'll get a check in the mail and never specifying when. Yea it'll be nice when the check arrives...but excitement is tempered when days turn into weeks turn into months.

so what ur saying is valve's hero release schedule is about as timely as milk/bzm's CEVO pizza money?

It's just, they've done this before for TF2 and stuff. They love hiding stuff on random URLs for people who bother checking them.
I don't really know when they're coming. Earth Spirit's icons are a little rough and Ember Spirit's hero portrait is kind of bland. Probably a bit away, but they've shipped heroes in worse shape before.

bro it's been what... like 6-8 months since the last hero was released? leaking an alpha portrait doesn't do shit for me. After legion commander, I want results. We saw her many different portraits, models, everything 6 months and go and now we don't know shit about her.

Razzer

Just had an amazing game as bane. The first time I'd ever tried him other than a bot game ages ago, mostly because they picked lifestealer and I knew he was a good counterpick, and we needed a support. This was a textbook case for why you have to be very careful about going into jungle as it weakens your lanes. They ended up with DP mid and dazzle disruptor bottom. This left Invoker solo safelane against me and a razor. I lucked out and got a dd rune and harassed the LS down to half health before going to lane and getting Invoker one hit away from death. This forced him to burn through his regen super quick allowing me to comletely zone him out. From then on me and pudge were constantly ganking around the map, as I put wards up in their jungle so we could gank LS. From there we snowballed as void didn't die in lane so he got farmed, but the memorable moment for me was when after a fight at their base, invoker got away, so on 1/3rd health I forcestaffed into the base, fiends gripped him and brain sapped to kill him, getting away on less than 1/5th health. That felt good.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/362749151

Sanjay linked me someone getting like $1700.

THE FUCK.

I might have to as well. That's new laptop money.

so what ur saying is valve's hero release schedule is about as timely as milk/bzm's CEVO pizza money?

yodamn

bro it's been what... like 6-8 months since the last hero was released? leaking an alpha portrait doesn't do shit for me. After legion commander, I want results. We saw her many different portraits, models, everything 6 months and go and now we don't know shit about her.

and it's really not an unfair request. In the time we've been waiting on one port of an existing hero, League has gotten 3 or 4 new heroes, and 2 or 3 remakes of old existing ones. Not that I'm not appreciative of all the features they've been adding, but damn it...heroes keep the game fresh. Not that it necessarily feels stale...but yea.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Yea, I'm probably going to try and sell mine in the next few weeks and treat my self to some stuff I don't need.

bzm

One day ill buy that pizza.

and it's really not an unfair request. In the time we've been waiting on one port of an existing hero, League has gotten 3 or 4 new heroes, and 2 or 3 remakes of old existing ones. Not that I'm not appreciative of all the features they've been adding, but damn it...heroes keep the game fresh. Not that it necessarily feels stale...but yea.

champs bro

and arent they all remakes of old existing ones

Randdalf

Actually it's been a little over 3 months, heh.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pretty sure it was closer to $10.

The entire set was in fact like $15-$18, the hat alone was $10. The only reason I didn't get it at the time was because it was the most expensive set at the time, and I didn't think Valve was going to actually remove it so fast.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So basically Earth Spirit, Ember Spirit, Legion Commander, Holdout and a spooky map skin are coming out this Thursday.

I can't wait!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So basically Earth Spirit, Ember Spirit, Legion Commander, Holdout and a spooky map skin are coming out this Thursday.

I can't wait!

I have already told you, they come out tonight. Geez. Valve isn't going to release the Halloween Map on Halloween again, it would be too predictable.

M.D

What sort of items do you usually get on Bounty Hunter? Is it usually just damage and armor/HP, outside of cases when you need something like a BKB?

sixghost

What sort of items do you usually get on Bounty Hunter? Is it usually just damage and armor/HP, outside of cases when you need something like a BKB?

Utility items with mana regen early, like medallion or urn, damage after that, like deso. Vlads is good too if you have a melee carry. Orb of venom is awesome on him too, and it costs basically nothing, so get it early.

F!ReW!Re

My default build:

Start;
- Tango
- Salve
- 2 slippers of agility
- 2 branches (1 if someone is buying you some wards)

Early:
- Poor man's shield
- Boots
- Wand (optional)

Core:
- Phase boots
- Vlads or Urn of Shadows
- Drums (optional)
- Medallion (optional)
- Deso
- BKB
- MKB

Situational/luxury:
Orchid, AC, Heart, Skadi, Battlefury (hate people who rush that with BH) or butterfly.

Tobe

bh i kind of a jack of all trades its up to what your team needs. what you should focus is on ganks and snowballing. get that money and its up to you. normally i would get deso and orchid but lately i find that orchid first works wonders.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't expect any heroes at all, I just want the Diretide update and whatever comes with it sooner rather than later.

Dahbomb

Generally speaking BF is not a good idea on BH even though it's listed in the suggested items for BH. However in pub games your main carry sometimes fails and you usually get a lot of space to farm big items... BF on BH becomes very good as it allows you to maintain high regen on both life and regen, dish out high damage and keep farming while moving around so that you are at pace with the opponent's carry.

My standard build for BH is:

Starting: 2 slippers, branches and regen.

Laning: Convert slippers to Poor Man's, convert Branches to Wand, get a Boot, a Bottle and generally a Ring of Bacillus. At this point in time I usually have lvl7 and start ganking a lot.

Mid Game: Complete Phase Boots, complete Vlad's and start working on next big item. Usually I make Drums in between the big item or I also get a Medallion.. I definitely recommend BKB early because if you are rolling and getting the streaks then the opponent is going to want to focus you. In the next patch Linken's is not a bad choice at all on BH.

Late Game: Stack up on damage and utility items. AC, Deso, MKB, Orchid (great in certain line ups), Daedalus.

If you plan on making Vlads/Orchid I recommend skipping Bottle. I would go Bottle if you want to go Drums into BKB.

G.ZZZ

Just had an amazing game as bane. The first time I'd ever tried him other than a bot game ages ago, mostly because they picked lifestealer and I knew he was a good counterpick, and we needed a support. This was a textbook case for why you have to be very careful about going into jungle as it weakens your lanes. They ended up with DP mid and dazzle disruptor bottom. This left Invoker solo safelane against me and a razor. I lucked out and got a dd rune and harassed the LS down to half health before going to lane and getting Invoker one hit away from death. This forced him to burn through his regen super quick allowing me to comletely zone him out. From then on me and pudge were constantly ganking around the map, as I put wards up in their jungle so we could gank LS. From there we snowballed as void didn't die in lane so he got farmed, but the memorable moment for me was when after a fight at their base, invoker got away, so on 1/3rd health I forcestaffed into the base, fiends gripped him and brain sapped to kill him, getting away on less than 1/5th health. That felt good.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/362749151

Guys you gonna ban that bane against me.

Dahbomb

Battle Fury is bought on melee carry heroes.

I buy it on Anti Mage and Void frequently. On Anti Mage it's pretty much a core item.

People like to buy it on Kunka and Magnus but I don't really like that because they already have cleave like attacks (it does stack and in the case of Magnus you could kill opponents in your RP if you have BF + MoM + Crits).

People like to buy it on Phantom Assassin and it's good on her too (when the crit splashes it hurts too) but you can be more effective with her by getting something like Deso/Basher/BKB early on and participating in more ganks.

Same thing for Juggernaut, it's good on him but you are better off with other items like an early Scepter, Yasha, Drums etc.

I have also seen Tusk use it although I am not sure why.

I hate bounty hunter, one of the hardest heroes to play well, also a very situational pick. He needs to snowball, he needs to gank, he has to dominate early to mid game because he falls off late game.

ReRixo

Banned
I hate bounty hunter, one of the hardest heroes to play well, also a very situational pick. He needs to snowball, he needs to gank, he has to dominate early to mid game because he falls off late game.

Depends what you want out of him, he is still very beneficial to teams through his track so it's not the end of the world if he doesn't have the farm for massive damage output.

Mordeccai

Battle Fury is bought on melee carry heroes.

I buy it on Anti Mage and Void frequently. On Anti Mage it's pretty much a core item.

People like to buy it on Kunka and Magnus but I don't really like that because they already have cleave like attacks (it does stack and in the case of Magnus you could kill opponents in your RP if you have BF + MoM + Crits).

People like to buy it on Phantom Assassin and it's good on her too (when the crit splashes it hurts too) but you can be more effective with her by getting something like Deso/Basher/BKB early on and participating in more ganks.

Same thing for Juggernaut, it's good on him but you are better off with other items like an early Scepter, Yasha, Drums etc.

I have also seen Tusk use it although I am not sure why.

Yeah, I am realizing now that BF on Jugg isn't a good idea most of the time. I played a game earlier where I got fantastic farm, and was the hard carry on the team. But the rest of my team sucked and fed top lane. As a result, we had a super leveled and farmed PA that starting roaming and ganking at about 15 minutes.

Instead of grabbing the early scepter, I picked up a BF to try to increase my farm so I could outfarm the PA. Trouble is that doesn't really help much in two hero engagements with a PA and a Shadow Shaman, while a NP can just tele in and sprout you.

Think I'm just going to ignore BF on him from here on out and pick up stuff like MKB and scepter instead. It just costs so much damn gold.

Does anybody build shadow blade on jugg? I feel like it could be useful against gank heavy teams for the escape.

G.ZZZ

I wish, you guys carried me so hard haha.

Dude you played solid, if anything i'd flame the SK and the AA (joke, just the AA). AA has played as long as me, and still can't ****** tp countergank when he's a support. He will stay and farm his lane whatever his hero is 100%.
I call that "the afk bug"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom