• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

bounchfx

finally got a bed to sleep on after a month and hot water to take a shower > shit goes crazy on reddit

wtf m8

and Anuxi, anyone pointing fingers at you for this is an idiot. you know I love Australians. Those bastards.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Only $34.99

Only if it included SWAG announcer pack.

finally got a bed to sleep on after a month and hot water to take a shower > shit goes crazy on reddit

wtf m8

and Anuxi, anyone pointing fingers at you for this is an idiot. you know I love Australians. Those bastards.

I think most people are pointing fingers at the system in general, and Anuxi is unfortunately getting caught in the crossfire. :/

I wonder why valve is so inclined to not give out what the starting/average ranked mmr is. Maybe they are just looking for peculiar properties in the system. Truly, the mmr number is useless without knowing what the average mmr is. You can really only track your own progress.

elyetis

How come nobody ever spams

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF SHADOW FIEND REMAKE

or

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF JAKIRO REMAKE

:(
Remake are pretty much another form of "MOAR HATS" ( ie only a visual change ). As much as some of them are 'needed', I would choose any untextured new hero ( but really only Techies ) over an incredibly good looking remake.

Calidor

Extremely hard to extrapolate what percentile that is from any info we have.
For unranked, some time ago, we had:
Code:
 5% 1100
10% 1500
25% 2000
50% 2250
75% 2731
90% 3200
95% 3900
99% 4100
I'm not even sure the system is zero-sum, if the placement match boosts leads to a positive or negative bias, or how extensive the self-selection is in ranked.
But my guess would be somewhere from top 30% to 50%, based only on the self-selection.

The very high/high/normal brackets were removed before mmr right? I'm not even sure anymore.

they are still in. You can check what bracket your games are at dotamax.com

BTW, the Very High bracket starts at 3700-3750 MMR, and should account for top 15%

Filth

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF TECHIES VOLVO PLIS

Boken

Banned
This is a non-issue. It's like a new writer trying to get his first book published as opposed to an established writer that already sold best sellers, obviously the latter is gonna get speedtracked. It sucks for someone new and very talented at the beginning but you can only allocate a finite amount of resources to anything so the process takes longer for the small guys.
thats not a non issue. its terrible in the writing industry
Can anyone comment on the growth rates of this and LoL?
I'm always curious as to why people choose one over the other, and whether it's simply an apples and oranges kind of thing.
I know LoL has crazy viewership/participation (well they both do really but I meant in comparison to its competitors) but I'm interested in that's simply because Dota 2 is newer, and if its fanbase is growing fast(er).
For example, can we one day expect parity among number of users? Or is that unlikely?

For reference, I've dabbled in LoL, but I picked it simply because my friends were playing it. I'm going to give Dota a shot today actually, the grinding for characters aspect of LoL is annoying when you're a newb.
in terms of flat numbers, lol is growing 10x faster than dota is. and so dota is unlikely to ever catch up.
Also lol's tournament viewers numbers are not that impressive, lol majors numbers are bit higher than dota's while the playerbase is much larger.
sounds like something a sc2 fan would say :lol

so i just queued for a quick match

and this was one of the things that popped up

sqEVFaq.jpg

i did a literal double take and took a screenshot

so this is a thing now isnt it

Wok

http://blog.dota2.com/2014/04/the-international-tickets-faq/

sit anywhere
no u-21 for afterparty
tickets tradable with phone call

Q. Can I trade my ticket if I can’t attend?
Yes, but please note that if you’re picking up your badge from Will Call, you will have to contact Ticketmaster and request a badge holder name change.

Q. I’m not attending, does this mean I won’t be able to purchase the new items sold at the venue?
Some items will be available on the Dota 2 Store during the event. More details to come.

What does Will Call mean? What about Europeans? We would have to call Will or what?

shira

140mb patch up

-Unusual Shagbark Plush has it's own color code now

OMFG!

What does Will Call mean? What about Europeans? We would have to call Will or what?

pick up at the stadium (Key Arena) with ID and such, they don't mail them to you like the US people

Maybe Clockwerk will get some missing lane, item drop and rival/ally lines to go with it.

Also, iirc, isn't this the first time Sam A Mowry has recorded anything for Dota 2 in years?

Chris R

Can we make a GAF queue for those who miss out on tickets? I mean I'd totally buy more than one if I get through if I knew that others here would be willing to buy them at face value instead of through a scalper.

For next patch I expect Chilling Touch nerf, probably some base int for AA, and less damage per lvl on Ice Blast (like 50 damage nerf). Some base armor reduction for lycan and Dazzle.

Dunno what they are gonna do about Terrorblade or Ember though.

shira

For next patch I expect Chilling Touch nerf, probably some base int for AA, and less damage per lvl on Ice Blast (like 50 damage nerf). Some base armor reduction for lycan and Dazzle.

Dunno what they are gonna do about Terrorblade or Ember though.

Are you talking about 6.82?

elyetis

Will there be enough time to work out what the new patch does after qualifiers?
I really doubt they are gonna throw a balance patch between the qualifier and TI4 because of that, which I think is kind of sad I really liked that about TI3 where we had a different meta between the qualifier and TI, with the 6.78.

Calidor

Anyone king enough to guide me through dotamax? <3

And why the frontpage of dotamax and dotabuff arent the same? x_X

http://dotamax.com/player/detail/37233446/?skill=all&ladder=n
http://dotabuff.com/matches/593194902

http://dotamax.com/player/match/37233446/

This is your match history. Where it says Level, that's your bracket (mostly normal)

Also you have 15% of your games played in High with a winrate of 40% and a KDA of 2.8

Now you gotta work on i,mproving that!

Top Bottom