• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Acinixys

I think I'm addicted to Heart of Tarrasque. I always find myself trying to justify buying this item, regardless of what hero I'm playing.

My "must always build item" has to be force staff. Has saved me so many times.

About to die to 1 more tower/hero hit? Force into fog/up a hill and use a smoke. Survival and you look pro as hell

FACE

Banned
Its the thoughts that count, how did Doom do though?

I only caught the end of the game when Titan was getting wrecked, but I saw him "waste" a Doom on Enchantress even though there was an Ember Spirit on the other team.

Edit: Although Aghs Impetus is pretty beastly.

Whats a good strategy for Terrorblade. Since im still in super noob trenches. Im usually dealing with a super fed bloodseeker in every game. He can usually shut down my TB. Though if im ursa i can usually overcome.

ViviOggi

I thought they signed that contract like a year ago, and then they made 1 show and never made more.

I'll believe it when I see it, they also delay it and nothing ever happens :(

Yames has spoken about the issue in a bit more detail a week ago: http://www.reddit.com/r/thegdstudio/comments/21isz5/the_gd_studio/

Apart from Dreamleague, which is amazing, the deal sadly hasn't done the studio any good. One of their strengths used to be their spontaneity, whereas now everything has to be approved by DH first. Hopefully things get better down the line.

Fucking Hellspawn

Quesa

Whats a good strategy for Terrorblade. Since im still in super noob trenches. Im usually dealing with a super fed bloodseeker in every game. He can usually shut down my TB. Though if im ursa i can usually overcome.

If you're in the same lane as him, just be super aggressive. At lvl 3 you should be able to just kill him with one lvl in q and two in e. Once he gets to 6 and if there's no stun hell you let him rupture you, walk until you're low, then sunder him once he gets close enough, then turn the tables with the level 3 combo. Farm up a radiance and outfarm him buy pushing with illusions. You should be able to outcarry him. He can't counterpush and he can't go on teamfights alone so you could rat dota him to death, assuming he's deathballing, which is what most BSes at that level rely on. If you're farming jungle/pushing lanes and your team whines about you not fighting, ignore them until you've got your items.

I don't have too much exp as TB but knowing how BS plays and how people like to play him, that's what I'd do.

Dr. Buni

The fact Meepo is listed in the "I am new. Who should I play?" section of the first post confuses me. Isn't he one of the hardest heroes to play? Or am I missing something here?

(Sorry if I am, started playing this past week)

ViviOggi

The fact Meepo is listed in the "I am new. Who should I play?" section of the first post confuses me. Isn't he one of the hardest heroes to play? Or am I missing something here?

chansub-global-emoticon-8eed21805f6217ce-27x29.png

Quesa

This thread is run by a bunch of jokers.

Ultrabum

Meepo is not a new player friendly hero, unless you are Starcraft grandmasters like six ghost.

No joke there was a time when meepo was his best hero.

JustinBB7

Yames has spoken about the issue in a bit more detail a week ago: http://www.reddit.com/r/thegdstudio/comments/21isz5/the_gd_studio/

Apart from Dreamleague, which is amazing, the deal sadly hasn't done the studio any good. One of their strengths used to be their spontaneity, whereas now everything has to be approved by DH first. Hopefully things get better down the line.

Fucking Hellspawn

Yea I'm worried too about DH owning them. Hopefully it can still be as funny as it used to be. Tuesday nights were pretty fun with the GD show, but after the "temp" break and DH deal.. hope it comes back the normal way but doubt it with all this shit going on.

Dr. Buni

Meepo is not a new player friendly hero, unless you are Starcraft grandmasters like six ghost.

No joke there was a time when meepo was his best hero.
Are there any other "joke" heroes like Meepo in the first post? Joke in the sense that he isn't supposed to be in that section.

Are there any other "joke" heroes like Meepo in the first post? Joke in the sense that he isn't supposed to be in that section.
Everything else there is pretty new person friendly. Just avoid meepo and Chen and you'll probably be alright with just about anyone.

Also don't be afraid to try them out either. Just practice once or twice in a bot game.

Dr. Buni

Nah, but I wouldn't have nyx be your first hero.
Still can't play Ursa for shit
Alright then. To be honest, the heroes I enjoy playing are mostly not recommended to new players, so I am kind of screwed already :D
Everything else there is pretty new person friendly. Just avoid meepo and Chen and you'll probably be alright with just about anyone.

Also don't be afraid to try them out either. Just practice once or twice in a bot game.
Nice. I tried a few "hard" heroes against bots and I did quite well, but I don't have the confidence (yet) to use them in online matches
Or any other hero, really, I only played one online match so far. lol

Quesa

Alright then. To be honest, the heroes I enjoy playing are mostly not recommended to new players, so I am kind of screwed already :D

Nice. I tried a few "hard" heroes against bots and I did quite well, but I don't have the confidence (yet) to use them in online matches

Pick drow for easy wins. She's not great because she relies on positioning, but when you're just starting out, people don't know how to punish her ult's reliance on distance, and she gets damage easily. Also if you feel like you're being completely outplayed in your first few real matches, don't worry about it, since dota makes it easier than other games to smurf.

sixghost

If you bother to use control group hotkeys, you are about 90% of the way to being able to play the micro heroes.

Later on in the game you can your illusions in the jungle to farm some extra jungle, while you are doing something else. Also use them to push out a lane.

When you get Manta Style. First use your E and immediately Manta afterwards. You should be able to use your Manta twice just before it ends.

Don't get too risky with sunder. If you are half just try to use it already.

Dr. Buni

Pick drow for easy wins. She's not great because she relies on positioning, but when you're just starting out, people don't know how to punish her ult's reliance on distance, and she gets damage easily. Also if you feel like you're being completely outplayed in your first few real matches, don't worry about it, since dota makes it easier than other games to smurf.
Thanks for the tips. I will try using her in online matches, at least in order to buy more confidence to play other heroes later.
If you bother to use control group hotkeys, you are about 90% of the way to being able to play the micro heroes.
Some day I will get to use them. Although Meepo really is the only micro hero I can think of, that would like to use eventually.

sixghost

Thanks for the tips. I will try using her in online matches, at least in order to buy more confidence to play other heroes later.

Some day I will get to use them. Although Meepo really is the only micro hero I can think of, that would like to use eventually.

A good way to ease into them is to bind your hero to the 1 key, even if you are playing an normal hero.

ZcCMWiO.jpg

game sure turned around when i finally got my abyssal.
comebacks are fun.

Had this one last night:

q2ycjzo.jpg

20 seconds later we won.

We only had one melee rax left, and only one tier 4 left. Took a fight (thanks to yours truly for picking off the gyro while he was at the secret shop all by himself) and then just pushed and gg'd.

Special thanks to: Treeant for making our base even last that long and ember for making the deso. And also the enemy team for feeding me 200 bonus damage as legion commander :p

Also I still need to remind myself to watch more replays. You really notice how bad you are at the game, and how much your team is doing, when at the time you probably thought the opposite.

Kreunt

Banned
Had this one last night:

20 seconds later we won.

We only had one melee rax left, and only one tier 4 left. Took a fight (thanks to yours truly for picking off the gyro while he was at the secret shop all by himself) and then just pushed and gg'd.

Special thanks to: Treeant for making our base even last that long and ember for making the deso. And also the enemy team for feeding me 200 bonus damage as legion commander :p

Also I still need to remind myself to watch more replays. You really notice how bad you are at the game, and how much your team is doing, when at the time you probably thought the opposite.

nice, LC eats buildings late game.

I mean there is no way that they sell out of 15,000 tickets so quickly that the people who are there when they go on sale can't get them right? You'd have to think the number of people that would actually turn out can't be THAT huge ... hopefully.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I mean there is no way that they sell out of 15,000 tickets so quickly that the people who are there when they go on sale can't get them right? You'd have to think the number of people that would actually turn out can't be THAT huge ... hopefully.
I'm pretty confident it will sellout, but maybe I'm crazy for comparing the enthusiasm to be above LoL Worlds. Those tickets went real quick and had a sizeable markup on stubhub.

Chris R

Been doing the A-Z Challenge and just played as Rubik.

Man, people expect so much of you.

Pudge is worse. I'll never play pudge if I can help it. You miss one hook and all of a sudden the ENTIRE game is your fault.

Last night, ended up with a 4 stack and played Clinkz mid. Didn't slay but I went 10-6 and got up to level 21. But of course the game was lost and it was my fault because of something (don't speak Spanish) never mind the level 12 2-13 Venge.

Next game I get to play against them, apologize to the odd man out on the other side and destroy them time and time again, until one of them rage quits :D

Me too.

Think I'm just gonna get GA. Don't want to F around with floor seats, not get any, and then miss out on GA because I took to long on the other one.

Is GA really sit wherever you want? If so I could just show up early or whatever and get close seats so screen size and whatever else wouldn't be an issue? I'd just be afraid of GA seating where you get nosebleed seats.

I'm hoping the increased amount of tickets, them using a site that most likely won't go down in the middle of the rush, the increased price, and the lack of an actual steam inventory item gimmick will make the purchase easy and straightforward that might sell out in say 10 to 20 minutes instead of last years 30 second buggy clusterfuck.

arab

Had this one last night:

q2ycjzo.jpg

20 seconds later we won.

WOOOOOOO TREANT

Gav47

Whats the reason Ember spirit builds battlefury again?
I messed around with getting desolator and found being able to put the amour debuff on several people during a team fight to be fantastic. I did miss the mana regen a bit.

Artanisix

I messed around with getting desolator and found being able to put the amour debuff on several people during a team fight to be fantastic. I did miss the mana regen a bit.

It's for scaling into the late game and allowing him to farm. With Daedalus he can teamwipe easily with sleight of fist.

Deso is awesome if you are seriously trying to end it in the midgame, but it slows your farm considerably and won't scale you into the late. I know RTZ sometimes goes Daedalus first for damage instead of Bfury. You could try that so that your lategame won't be severely hampered.

I think its the fact it has nice mana regen as well as damage to keep you going.

I have no idea, never played him.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
To make people spread out or die in teamfights and makes it extremely hard to push your high ground.

Phase/Drums/Deso is more midgame and you can build into crit. The BF build is more fragile and makes you a glass cannon, but you were already mostly there anyway so fuck it.

Also someone made a chart with math on it to justify building BF.
Also BF Ember is fun

Raytow

Cleaving a lot of guys? dunno

FACE

Banned

Because if they're all close together that cleave will hit like a truck, but I agree with you that desolator is better on him and gives him better mid-game presence.

Never forget cleave ignores armor and stacks additively so it's not hard to hit the people around your main target harder than who you're actually attacking.

SamVimes

If they have any summons or are very likely to build a necrobook battlefury is usually the best choice. It's also really good if they have a bunch of melees or if your team has a way of setting up a big cleave like an RP or a vacuum.

FACE

Banned
Phase-> Drums -> Deso -> Crit -> Divines and one shot the whole enemy team!

Or throw spectacularly.

Edit: I hope Naga Siren gets nuked, so boring to watch.

Does anyone know of any good earth spirit videos that are from after the push/pull changes? I've found one Jerax one, but was hoping to find more.

Top Bottom