• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

FACE

Banned
Has this been posted here?

http://2p.com/5594497_1/679---680-Evolution-of-the-Mid-Lane-by-scant.htm

A good analysis of the current state of Mid in competitive DOTA2, for people who like seeing numbers. Choice quote:

20140405143709a0dr3hq7lj55h235.png

God damn!

I actually don't hate him and haven't called for him to be replaced by Ars Art for at least 6 months.

Just think his Rubick is disgustingly overrated.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The sample sizes just seem so small that it is hard for me to really feel they are meaningful.

What do you mean by small? It's a comparison of what picks changed from one version to another, how big a sample size do you need? 500 games? These players don't even have the opportunity to play 500 pro games between one version and the next.

Razzer

A good analysis of the current state of Mid in competitive DOTA2, for people who like seeing numbers. Choice quote:

He made a point to mention Mushi has not played a single Invoker game and was coming up with reasons why that might be, but he forgot the obvious one, IceIceIce plays Invoker for DK! Dude's pretty much the de facto wizard player, everyone knows that.

Edit: Good article though.

Edit 2 Electric Boogaloo: He even links to a game where he plays it lol.

What do you mean by small? It's a comparison of what picks changed from one version to another, how big a sample size do you need? 500 games? These players don't even have the opportunity to play 500 pro games between one version and the next.

I don't know, I guess from watching sports and such anything under a season's worth of data just feels small.

I mean I think its a good comparison of what people have played from one patch to the other, but I the conclusions you can arrive at are limited.

SamVimes

It's a really stupid quote, he's basically saying that a really strong hero like Ember is being picked because of RTZ (hint, that's not it) and then he's imagining a world in which SF is trending when only EG is picking him. Dendi has 4 SF games on his belt but it's nothing new for him.

Haly

I mean I think its a good comparison of what people have played from one patch to the other, but I the conclusions you can arrive at are limited.

But all he's looking at are trends! What else would you use aside from the most recent data?

G.ZZZ

It's a really stupid quote, he's basically saying that a really strong hero like Ember is being picked because of RTZ (hint, that's not it) and then he's imagining a world in which SF is trending when only EG is picking him. Dendi has 4 SF games on his belt but it's nothing new for him.

No he's saying that Naga and Morph and SF are being brought back by him, which is actually true.

#RTZ MVP TI4 BELIEVE

SamVimes

No he's saying that Naga and Morph and SF are being brought back by him, which is actually true.

#RTZ MVP TI4 BELIEVE

uhm can you show me any player that significantly changed his hero pool to reflect rtz's?

I can give you Naga but even then both him and Envy took that from the eastern scene and played it in the western. Only difference is that Envy's naga is not really good.

Haly

Mentioned it on the previous page. Loda 3-1 Naga, Pajkatt 4-1 Naga, EE 2-3 Naga (lel).

Correction: 3-3 with the latest game.

manfestival

EE manages to pull one off with naga and people want to act like EE is redeemed. Dude needs to go play with bulba and liquid or something rather than playing with c9

G.ZZZ

uhm can you show me any player that significantly changed his hero pool to reflect rtz's?

I can give you Naga but even then both him and Envy took that from the eastern scene and played it in the western. Only difference is that Envy's naga is not really good.

Difference is RTZ rode naga to 6.5k, EE is 5.3k or smth. You're just jelly, i have no problems saying sing brought back Mirana in the meta by himself.

#RTZ believer

manfestival

Dr. Kirby's dota stream sure is interesting .....

My name Dimitri Baryshnikov. I grow up in small farm to have make potatos. Father say "Dimitri, potato harvest is bad. Need you to have play professional Doto in Amerikanski for make money for head-scarf for babushka." I bring honor to komrade and babushka. Sorry for is not have English. Plz no cykapasta.

Haly

Dr. Kirby's dota stream sure is interesting .....

My name Dimitri Baryshnikov. I grow up in small farm to have make potatos. Father say "Dimitri, potato harvest is bad. Need you to have play professional Doto in Amerikanski for make money for head-scarf for babushka." I bring honor to komrade and babushka. Sorry for is not have English. Plz no cykapasta.

Welcome to twitch copy pastarino culture.

TUSR

Banned
Welcome to twitch copy pastarino culture.

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter
Ever since i was a boy i dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners.
people say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and im fucking retarded but i don't care, im beautifull.
I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body.
From now on i want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly.
If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege.
Thank you for being so understanding.

Shinypogs

I don't understand something. Why is it is that people mostly only use use HotD creeps to stack ancients? I know if Akke is playing Chen then Loda will usually give him control of the helm creep but that's it. I don't think I've ever seen him or anyone else actually actively use their dominated creep in conjunction with their hero? Is it really more efficient to just use it to stack ancients than to have it in battle most of the time?

Razzer

I don't understand something. Why is it is that people mostly only use use HotD creeps to stack ancients? I know if Akke is playing Chen then Loda will usually give him control of the helm creep but that's it. I don't think I've ever seen him or anyone else actually actively use their dominated creep in conjunction with their hero? Is it really more efficient to just use it to stack ancients than to have it in battle most of the time?

Well, most of the time you buy Helm simply because you want to stack ancients. If you want lifesteal there are alternatives, and if you really want to make a satanic you can get the reaver first. That said, it's not uncommon for a carry like say Luna to dominate an Alpha wolf and have it follow them around.

Top Bottom