• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

KScorp

Not sure, I mean if people are enjoying our content then I don't see what the issue is.

Team Liquid, Gosugamers, Joindota etc are all posting their content.

I'm sure it's just some kind of misunderstanding. We have reached out to find the reasoning and will implement whatever changed is needed.

Just disappointed to lose my three year+ Reddit account with all that sweet
(useless)
karma.

I don't know what your post history is, but submitting the majority of your links from a single source is likely to get you shadowbanned. Even if the content is completely relevant to the subreddit. (So if you like to link to onGamers a lot....) This is a controversial stance, since it blocks a lot of people from posting their own original content, but nonetheless it seems to still be enforced to prevent spam.

If onGamers itself was banned, I'm guessing it would be because a lot of people are guilty of the above. (I.E, most links to onGamers are submitted by onGamers contributors.)

It's also possible that there's a handful of people who are all upvoting links to onGamers very soon after they're posted, and those people have some association with onGamers. This is considered vote manipulation (since the first few votes on a submission are very important), and has been taken very seriously by the admins in the past. I'm guessing that the accounts that were involved in the vote manipulation would be shadow banned as well.

It seems so weird that a news aggravate website would ban a legit news source because it's posted too often. Seems counter productive to the model of reddit...
I know I'm now inconvenienced by this. No more quick glance to reddit for patch analysis...

KScorp

It seems so weird that a news aggravate website would ban a legit news source because it's posted too often. Seems counter productive to the model of reddit...
I know I'm now inconvenienced by this. No more quick glance to reddit for patch analysis...

Nah, it's not because a site is posted often. It's because most of the links to it come from the same set of individuals. The idea is that the readers of the content should decide what is worth posting to reddit, not the authors.

Reddit's goal is to have interesting content posted (and have redditors decide what's interesting). The author's goal is to get hits on their article. There's a clear conflict of interest which reddit wants to avoid. EDIT: And frankly I think that the upvote/downvote system should be good enough for this case, assuming no vote manipulation.

I should clear up that I have no idea how easy or difficult it is to undo a domain ban. And although I know most user bans are automated, I don't know if domain bans need to be approved by an admin or not.

Nah, it's not because a site is posted often. It's because most of the links to it come from the same set of individuals. The idea is that the readers of the content should decide what is worth posting to reddit, not the authors.
I can think of multiple organisations and people in the Dota 2 scene that would fall under this rule. Team Liquid, Gosugamers, Joindota, EG, Fnatic etc the list is huge.

If that was the case I wish they would have just contacted me first and say hey this is wrong and obviously things would have changed straight away.

I was posting my content analysis posts from my site for over two years and nothing ever happened then.

shira

It'd be pretty cool if Jimmy was the dota form of a pinch hitter.

Bone7 can only attend one LAN with 100% certainty - Dreamhack Budapest, because it's in Romania.

Every other one Demon is on Charlie's speed-dial. Like if C9 qualifies for WPC-ACE and The BTS Summit - Bone7 flies home while the rest of the team flies to LA.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It is a waste of a brand this close to the international. Plus who are they going to pick up right now that is good. It will be another tier 3 team if they don't wait like 6 months

While I agree that it would be silly to form a team this close to TI4, that wasn't really the point of my question.

I think it would be beneficial to the Dota 2 e-sports scene to have a big name like Red Bull backing a team.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Christ, the compendium stuff was released in early May last year. If they keep to a similar timeline that shit should be coming out real soon.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
And sometimes the stars just align: http://dotabuff.com/matches/602691065

And its not like they made it easy either, they bought two gems, sentries to deward constantly, lots of dust, Lifestealer got lots of farm early, Huskar wrecked us in the mid game....but there aint no stopping the Weaver train

400 damage plus crits feels pretty good

EDIT: Holy shit I dealt 9.1k tower damage that game ahahahaha

KScorp

I can think of multiple organisations and people in the Dota 2 scene that would fall under this rule. Team Liquid, Gosugamers, Joindota, EG, Fnatic etc the list is huge.

If that was the case I wish they would have just contacted me first and say hey this is wrong and obviously things would have changed straight away.

I was posting my content analysis posts from my site for over two years and nothing ever happened then.

Yeah you're right. I'm just wondering how often a whole domain gets banned from reddit entirely. This seems more like an automated system goofed up, although it likely uses what I mentioned as metrics to detect spam.

shira

Drkirby said:
Can you make Rocky the pet Rock Courier?
rockywithpack.jpg

It's happening

637x358.resizedimage

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

It likely is that they have an issue with Onegamer. Maybe someone was using bots to generate early upvotes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My god, we got a T3 at like 18 minutes, and it took anther 18 to actually take a melee rax. I was getting worried there for a while, but luckily the other team didn't seem to save for buyback at all. Bought back in a fight going sour, and was able to help weaver clean up the team, I'm so glad they didn't pull out a mass buy back or I think we would have just lost:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/602791637

Kard8p3

Jesus Christ today has sucked.

GAF best way to deal with a loved one passing? Just trying to not think too much about it right now..

Einbroch

Banned

GAF best way to deal with a loved one passing? Just trying to not think too much about it right now..

Getting back into your routine as soon as you feel comfortable being around people.

Keeping busy.

Sorry for your loss.

Conceptor

My condolences :(

Not sure, I mean if people are enjoying our content then I don't see what the issue is.

Team Liquid, Gosugamers, Joindota etc are all posting their content.

I'm sure it's just some kind of misunderstanding. We have reached out to find the reasoning and will implement whatever changed is needed.

Just disappointed to lose my three year+ Reddit account with all that sweet
(useless)
karma.
This is so stupid. So many shadowbans don't even get an explanation. On a whole the Dota 2 subreddit wouldn't be where it is now without your contributions.

Real talk: LOL what advice? You and your troll squad with 1.09's advice is 95% "ur just bad" and 5% actual advice. I'm getting really tired of it honestly, and it certainly isn't helping. Of course I'm probably wasting my time saying anything about it because you are just going to post "kappa keepo copy pasterino" anyway.
kappa keepo plz no pasterino

damn @ that pastebin + fallout.

Hylian, I feel I'm probably included in the 'troll squad' so I'll say my bit - First off I don't post that stuff in your stream chat to troll you or antagonize you, it's all in good fun. Chat is usually empty anyway! Second, you're being a little unfair to gofu and 109 in the amount of trolling vs advice they give you. Granted, you were being targeted by a lot of posters when you originally posted that. Realistically I'd say about two thirds of what they try and tell you - when they are actually talking to you - is genuine advice that despite your best efforts doesn't seem like it is getting through to you. Maybe, try going a game at a time and working on things one by one instead of trying to do everything or a lot of things at once? I am by no means a good player and don't claim to be one jsyk. For example, spend a game doing what you normally do, but I want you to click on enemy heroes more often. Observe other parts of the map more often (lanes, heroes, etc) and avoid being locked down on your hero in that tunnel vision. Do just that for an entire game or as long as it takes until it becomes natural and then implement something else. Obviously if you feel you can try more things go for it but from what it seems people are saying, that's not working as well. Just my thoughts m8 I'm not against u innit pls no copy pasterino fettuccine alfredo machiatto americano cappuccino frappuccino Al Pacino dongerino

BHK3

Banned
Hylian I always tell you to turn your ring on or for your teammates to turn their basi/aquillas on is an armour aura for creeps really that bad past 10 minutes??

Are there many more satisfying feelings than beating rat doto?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/602920899

Down all outter towers and bot rax in jeopardy, we were able to stall just long enough (about 20 minutes of stalling, mostly pushed in our base or near it) for PL to mostly come online. Dust, hooks, orchid's and shackles won the day. Also, going scepter + MKB + crit on WR is still fun as hell.

Still feeling extremely rusty. Even my camera work feels bad. You know you've taken too much time off when you don't feel good moving the camera around. Was a nice win after a few games where wonky team comps, connection issues and pouty teammates made for some lopsided losses.

Shinypogs

I have apparently traded making the old stupid mistakes for a whole new set of stupid mistakes. I'm still getting better in a lot of ways but it's also easier for me to see my fuckups even if no one points them out.

I don't even know how to fix stuff like certain item order buying decisions. Do I finish Mek or buy a gem with this 900 gold? Whichever option I pick often seems to be the wrong one for that game in particular. It's frustrating as hell for us to pick off riki/bounty/clinkz with the gem and then lose people or wipe shortly thereafter in a teamfight where mek would have helped but I was short on recipe money. Equally frustrating to narrowly win a fight with the help of Mek and then get people picked off retreating by an invis hero.

That and stuff like which target do I stun in a teamfight etc. I used to be happy if I successfully used all my skills and came out a teamfight alive. Now I end up wondering could we have won without losing anyone or in the case of a fight we lost could we have won at all if I made a better decision on who to stun/ slow/ use something like fiend's grip on.

I'm having the same problem as with SC2, where I know what the goal is and I have an idea on how to accomplish it but I get tripped up on the details. I start doing things because I'm "supposed to" but I don't always know why I'm supposed to or what to do with certain information or situations. I need better understanding.

Still terrible, still having fun. Sniper is still the worst thing ever.

Definitely finish Mek first.

Dust is 180 gold and sentries are 200. Gem is great but if you're too squishy to have it then don't bother.

Edit: If you can, always go for the carry or their most high impact player.

It sounds like dust or sentries bought intermittently would help you big time against invis pickers.

Shinypogs

Definitely finish Mek first.

Dust is 180 gold and sentries are 200. Gem is great but if you're too squishy to have it then don't bother.

Edit: If you can, always go for the carry or their most high impact player.

It sounds like dust or sentries bought intermittently would help you big time against invis pickers.

*Nods* If I lane against a riki I usually grab sentries just after he hits 5 so can I have them down slightly before or as soon as he hits 6. It always seems like a waste to buy more then two sets though before just getting a gem to deal with natural invis heroes or later on when certain heroes start using shadowblade.

Sandking and brood seem best dealt with via sentry though, or at least at my level.

Things just tend to get out of hand so fast if natural invis heroes go elsewhere once they realize there are sentries or they started in another lane and didn't get shut down. It always feels like we need a gem immediately or all hope will be lost but we also need other stuff to deal with everyone else.

I actually carry the gem as rarely as possible these days. I'm more than happy to buy it and give it to anyone else. I only tend to buy it and hold onto it if I feel confident I'm not going to die.

<<
>>

I tend to forget about dust to be honest, I don't know why, I just do. It's like smoke, an item in the store that I see pros use and then proceed to only buy on accident.

I will work on picking up dust more often and trying to determine which detection is the best fit for a given situation.

So lets say hypothetically that the ESL Compendium is going to launch with every single cosmetic item finished and ready to ship, how embarrassing do you think that would be for the DreamLeague?

So lets say hypothetically that the ESL Compendium is going to launch with every single cosmetic item finished and ready to ship, how embarrassing do you think that would be for the DreamLeague?

Utterly embarrassing.

Considering they're positioning themselves to be a respected tournament backed by huge sponsors.

It's amateur hour all over. Strangely, I think the added prize pots has exacerbated the problems.

Edit: People should been rewarded for a job well done rather than because of misplaced affection for a man that can barely dress himself and a washed up Quake lover.

Raytow

Utterly embarrassing.

Considering they're positioning themselves to be a respected tournament backed by huge sponsors.

It's amateur hour all over. Strangely, I think the added prize pots has exacerbated the problems.

Edit: People should been rewarded for a job well done rather than because of misplaced affection for a man that can barely dress himself and a washed up Quake lover.
So Yames/maybe Bruno and...?

Top Bottom