• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Madouu

We've got us a new team for ADL season 2: North American Rejects

Theeban "1437" Siva
Braxton "Brax" Paulson
Allan "Dismek" Garcia
Ioannis "Fogged" Loucas
Steven "Korok" Ashworth
JingJun "Sneyking" Wu

http://www.joindota.com/en/news/17345-na-rejects-1437,-brax-and-sneyking

Fly been playing well, a shame about those last 10 minutes.

I think the issue with fnatic recently is that they've been going for some high risk team compositions against comparatively safer lineups. It feels as though their execution must be at a very high level every skirmish or teamfight for the lineup to pay off.

Dogma drafted and laned this game perfectly though, they made the right calls.

Acinixys

268x268.resizedimage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBxx4WerRBI
Peruvian Announcer
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247446338&searchtext

Upvote por favor

Doesn't quite capture the realism since it lacks the ambient sounds of children crying and soccer matches on the tv going on in the background.

top kek

Satch

Banned
ive been trying to perfect my ember play

once i get as comfortable as possible should i switch to windrunner

looking for fast paced high impact heroes here

Satch

Banned
stop steven im terrible at puck

i have been practicing nightstalker in bots a little bit here and there though. i might pick him up

ksan

Nightstalker.

Yeah, I actually think NS is overall one of the better heroes to play to learn to balance farm and ganking as a mid, as it pretty much forces you to do that :p Not to mention that it's a really fun hero to play.

Otherwise TA is another one, but she is way harder to play really effectively, as you need to make the gank/farm decisions yourself. She's way more farm heavy and also harder to play.

ksan

Yeah the way he won the game for his team was really underwhelming.

The thing is that he'd probably get really flamed if they lost.
I think it's really cool to see players deciding to play other ways than the "optimal way" (according to other pros), and make it work. Even bulba said, somehwere in the middle of the game, that he thought that pajkatt played naga a worse way than rtz does, but after the game my impression was that they had a pretty good game plan.

Wok

I cannot carry anymore. It is just too much. Spectre needs a buff such as a decreased cooldown on his ultimate spell.

jVcelmq.jpg

http://dotabuff.com/matches/605205058

I had a weird bug too, as if auto-attack was totally off: I start attacking a creep and once it is dead, I have to click on another creep to continue.

I said it at the time when Naga hadn't even finished her manta, something both LD and Bulba commented on about having those items by 25 minutes rather than 32.

You could see the fact Pajkatt didn't really split her illusions up, something Loda and RTZ do every time they play.

But because I wrote it, it's controversial/something to belittle. That makes sense.

I cannot carry anymore. It is just too much. Spectre needs a buff such as a decreased cooldown on his ultimate spell.

jVcelmq.jpg

http://dotabuff.com/matches/605205058

I had a weird bug too, as if auto-attack was totally off: I start attacking a creep and once it is dead, I have to click on another creep to continue.

No, what you needed was a Radiance. You can't expect to keep up with Drow or Void in CS without a radiance.

The burn damage alone would have fucked up their entire team, as none of them got any tank items at all. Also, was your Pugna feeding? 21 deaths is a lot of deaths. Just a bkb and dagon 1 after an hour? Pugna clears waves with ease. What happened there?

Lastly, if Omni or Pug get a sheep, drow can't sit back and steal her life back. No sheep against a core of 3 or 4 carries = an eventual loss most of the time. Other team had 0 bkb's.

ksan

No, what you needed was a Radiance. You can't expect to keep up with Drow or Void in CS without a radiance.

The burn damage alone would have fucked up their entire team, as none of them got any tank items at all. Also, was your Pugna feeding? 21 deaths is a lot of deaths. Just a bkb and dagon 1 after an hour? Pugna clears waves with ease. What happened there?

Lastly, if Omni or Pug get a sheep, drow can't sit back and steal her life back. No sheep against a core of 3 or 4 carries = an eventual loss most of the time. Other team had 0 bkb's.

Should have gone abyssal and radiance.

I don't think the problem is item build here, but rather the lack of farm.

I'm wondering how long that game was.

Yes, but Radiance directly affects his ability to farm quickly, which I was alluding to. Spectre doesn't keep up with superfarmers like Drow or Void (had he bought a BF) or other hard carries without a Radiance assuming both have equal time farm safely.

Also, Wok has never built rad on Spectre ever. and has only won once with the hero. More practice and experience is in order here.

over an hour. 64 minutes, to be exact.

rezuth

The lack of farm is due to item build :D

Game was about an hour from what dotabuff says, either way they needed to get the void killed fast.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You guys had no team work, that was the problem.

ksan

Yes, but Radiance directly affects his ability to farm quickly, which I was alluding to. Spectre doesn't keep up with superfarmers like Drow or Void (had he bought a BF) or other hard carries without a Radiance assuming both have equal time farm safely.

Also, Wok has never built rad on Spectre ever. and has only won once with the hero. More practice and experience is in order here.

over an hour. 64 minutes, to be exact.

Well, I don't think that starting to build radiance is gonna help if he's never gonna get it, if he has just over 400 gpm with 30+ kills, it sounds like the early game farm was quite bad.
I think vanguard/diff might be a reasonable choice, and next time the focus should be on improving early farming instead.

But I definitely agree that radiance is the best possible item for spectre.

why am I arguing for pillow's item build instead of mine?
I'm sorry but the only correct answer here is refresher radiance specter

I thought quadruple e-blade, diff 2, and refresher was the optimal item build...

rezuth

Well, I don't think that starting to build radiance is gonna help if he's never gonna get it, if he has just over 400 gpm with 30+ kills, it sounds like the early game farm was quite bad.
I think vanguard/diff might be a reasonable choice, and next time the focus should be on improving early farming instead.

But I definitely agree that radiance is the best possible item for spectre.

why am I arguing for pillow's item build instead of mine?

I thought quadruple e-blade, diff 2, and refresher was the optimal item build...

He either goes late game or mid game build, he does not do this random build.

ksan

He either goes late game or mid game build, he does not do this random build.

That's actually a pretty legit ultra late game build against some matchups, with the exception of the vanguard.
Doesn't seem to be the right game for that though.

Top Bottom