• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Finalow

that pieliedie play.
L8x0lBP.png

Haven't seen Emprie absorb an asswhoopin like that in many moons.

oh and as a reminder for all of us sub 5Kers:

9 of the 10 selected heroes had some form of crowd control. disables, slows, stuns, or all of the above.

CC wins games, folks. Whether inherently in the kit or purchased (orchid, sheep). Go out into a match with only one form of CC on your team and expect to get rolled sooner or later.

Wok

I'm sorry but the only correct answer here is refresher radiance specter

I am pretty noob with Spectre. Most of the time, I don't see the point of Radiance. I know it is in the recommended build for Bloodseeker for instance, but I fail to see why it is so good on other heroes.

The refresher would have been a good item though. I would have gotten twice more kills.

But I definitely agree that radiance is the best possible item for spectre.

I must be missing something. I try to get Diffusal Blade first because I cannot get kills beforehand.

Kard8p3

I am pretty noob with Spectre. Most of the time, I don't see the point of Radiance. I know it is in the recommended build for Bloodseeker for instance, but I fail to see why it is so good on other heroes.

The refresher would have been a good item though. I would have gotten twice more kills.

u fail to see why it is good? Does ulting and instantly killing people seem bad????

ksan

I must be missing something. I try to get Diffusal Blade first because I cannot get kills beforehand.

You don't get kills first, you kill every single goddam creep on the lane for a long time first.
spectre's an illusion carry, radiance on illusions wins games

She's not really comparable to naga/pl, you'll get the wrong idea if you think of her as an illusion carry.
I'd say she's a team fight carry more than anything else, but sure, radiance is good because of how it interacts with her ulti illusions.

aeolist

Banned
50 burn damage seems too low. But I must be wrong:
http://dotabuff.com/items/radiance

it's 50 burn damage per second getting applied on top of desolate and dispersion on every enemy hero. supports melt and blink initiators can't do anything.

then when you reality in you're still burning them after your illusions are gone, they want to kill you to stop the damage but then your team is beating on them and dispersion is still tearing them apart. plus if you get jumped, die, buyback, and haunt in they've already blow their wad and you just clean up.

It's really, really good on her. It's really core on her, IMO. It should be obtained sooner or later on Spectre, even if you can't get it until 30 minutes. The damage and burn are really big deals. Try it out in a practice match and see how much faster you can farm and how much more damage you do in team fights once you get it online. Generally, the only times I've found it a good idea to get some other items online before radiance is if I'm under heavy resistance during the farming phase (in which case, picking up a Vanguard is acceptable), or if the other team is looking to end by 25 minutes, in which case items like Drums and yashas/diffusals early may be necessary. Preferably, you'll want radiance to be your first major item. Anything else typically (but not always) is a compromise of necessity based on how the game is unfolding.

Quesa

Haunt lasts 5/6/7 seconds. assuming the illusions aren't killed, that's 250/300/350 dmg to all heroes per ult, plus 40% of your own illusions dmg in a teamfight, that's huge, especially if you're in a position to reality into one of the illusions and finish off one or two of their supports. And on a team as squishy as the one you fought, that's game-changing.

Nymerio

We've all been there. Play something else for a while, get some distance, calm down, take deep breaths. It's just a game. If you uninstall now you'll have to install again later. Save yourself the time and keep it installed. You'll never leave, you're here forever.

Quesa

We've all been there. Play something else for a while, get some distance, calm down, take deep breaths. It's just a game. If you uninstall now you'll have to install again later. Save yourself the time and keep it installed. You'll never leave, you're here forever.

I think in this case he's uninstalling so he doesn't have to face the crash of stopping a 12-game winning streak.

Jokes

SamVimes

Damn, i missed game 1. I appreciate that they're finally giving more priority to Singsing's TA since it seems it's been pretty successful for them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Radiance does 3 things for Spcectre:

1) Increases overall DPS. 65 damage from the item and 37.5 DPS from the burn.
2) Improve farming. You can farm waves and jungle much faster with a Radiance than any other item. Considering Spectre is the master of afk farming (being able to join a team fight from anywhere on the map), Radiance sends Spectre's farming ability through the roof.
3) Improves sniping. One of the weaknesses of Haunt is that your illusions are pretty slow, and they're held back by both movespeed and attack rate. Radiance solves them both by constantly burning their target on top of whatever hits they score. At level 1, it lasts 5 seconds, which translates to 187 guaranteed damage from the burn. Warping in and using dagger is another 150 damage, so in total that's 337 guaranteed damage with minimal effort.

Diffusal on Spectre, while good, is more gank oriented. If you're playing Spectre as a super hard carry, you don't want to waste time running around the map chasing down single targets. Often, you can get just as much if not more gold from farming one or two more waves in the time it takes you to dive someone and then return to base to heal. With Radiance, you can snipe kills without having to Reality to your illusions at all, because Radiance does more damage than a single dagger.

ksan

Radiance does 3 things for Spcectre:

1) Increases overall DPS. 65 damage from the item and 37.5 DPS from the burn.
2) Improve farming. You can farm waves and jungle much faster with a Radiance than any other item. Considering Spectre is the master of afk farming (being able to join a team fight from anywhere on the map), Radiance sends Spectre's farming ability through the roof.
3) Improves sniping. One of the weaknesses of Haunt is that your illusions are pretty slow, and they're held back by both movespeed and attack rate. Radiance solves them both by constantly burning their target on top of whatever hits they score. At level 1, it lasts 5 seconds, which translates to 187 guaranteed damage from the burn. Warping in and using dagger is another 150 damage, so in total that's 337 guaranteed damage with minimal effort.

Diffusal on Spectre, while good, is more gank oriented. If you're playing Spectre as a super hard carry, you don't want to waste time running around the map chasing down single targets. Often, you can get just as much if not more gold from farming one or two more waves in the time it takes you to dive someone and then return to base to heal. With Radiance, you can snipe kills without having to Reality to your illusions at all, because Radiance does more damage than a single dagger.

4) disables blink

KingKong

LD with any pro caster(s) is the best

How is it that pros are not only able to better explain what happens (obviously) but are also more engaging and funny and enjoyable to listen to than like Ayesee or Tobi or Capitalist or pretty much any real caster

aeolist

Banned
LD with any pro caster(s) is the best

How is it that pros are not only able to better explain what happens (obviously) but are also more engaging and funny and enjoyable to listen to than like Ayesee or Tobi or Capitalist or pretty much any real caster

he should cast with singsing some time

Top Bottom