• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

M.D

Curse broken lol? Not really. It was Captain's Draft!

You know, grats to Fnatic and all since they played out of their minds the last two days, but really this was a series where they won against a carry Necro. You can't really put too much weight on it.

Fun as hell tournament tho. Most fun I've had watching pro Dota since TI3.

Captain's Draft is so
residentsleeper.png

Do the stats from a tournament like this even get logged or included overall with legit (CM) tournament stats?

lol like XBOCT didn't play on his lifestealer and got crushed with 18 minutes gg and slardar support is totally something you see in every game

Trasher

lol like XBOCT didn't play on his lifestealer and got crushed with 18 minutes gg and slardar support is totally something you see in every game

Exactly. You see super unorthodox things that don't happen in real games. You can't make a good competitive judgment on that.

Also, as far as mindsets go for the teams, Navi probably didn't give two shits about winning/losing that thing. Fnatic, on the other hand, never wins a damn thing so they probably treated it like TI4. Dendi makes that prize pool in one week of streaming!

It ain't pro doto unless it's Captains Mode!

Trasher

anytime navi loses anything is because they didn't care

Basically.

I'm sure they lost the second and third International because after one, it's just really hard to give two shits about them.

Not what I'm saying at all. Just saying that a CD tournament is nowhere near as competitive as a CM tournament.

They're actually like the only team that's given two shits about trying to win a second one, hence them being in the grand finals year after year.

SamVimes

Not what I'm saying at all. Just saying that a CD tournament is nowhere near as competitive as a CM tournament.

They're actually like the only team that's given two shits about trying to win a second one, hence them being in the grand finals year after year.
literally the only team the gives a shit about 20k dollars.

Also this is the first cd tournament ever run, what are you on about.

literally the only team the gives a shit about 20k dollars.

Also this is the first cd tournament ever run, what are you on about.

He talks about The International in the second sentence.

Anyways, like I said before, I think Na'vi are the best team when they play at 100%. They just can't get the 100% out of them (even when it counts) as consistently as other teams. So other teams are overall a bit stronger.

KingKong

He talks about The International in the second sentence.

Anyways, like I said before, I think Na'vi are the best team when they play at 100%. They just can't get the 100% out of them (even when it counts) as consistently as other teams. So other teams are overall a bit stronger.

I think DK is still better at 100%

I think DK is still better at 100%

Hard to say, they haven't played each other for too long. I wonder when Na'vi will start training again now that more high pricepool tournaments are around the corner and TI4 isn't too far off.
Also I am interest to see if Alliance can recover, they really aren't too hot right now. Cloud9 and EG will be serious contenders in the next major tournaments. And Empire of course.

Mohasus

Is this an april fools joke?

BeesEight

You can't have it both ways. They went to the CD finals through the winner's bracket so they clearly "gave shits" about winning up to then but now you're trying to purport they just gave up in the finals because "lol, only 20k, whateves!"

The last International Na'Vi tried a carry Venge in game one against Alliance in the grand finals. The International prior to that they picked Nyx when he was considered terrible and had yet to receive the spiked carapace rework. They do "try to win" even when running unconventional drafts.

Ketch

So I'm gonna try to go to the international. I'm within driving distance, so hotel is going to be the most expensive part.

Hopefully my wife will agree that it's worth the $. Time to trick her into watching free to play. I missed PAX like two years ago after buying tickets (because of work). So, I'm kind of owed this in some weird way.

arab

So I'm gonna try to go to the international. I'm within driving distance, so hotel is going to be the most expensive part.

Hopefully my wife will agree that it's worth the $. Time to trick her into watching free to play. I missed PAX like two years ago after buying tickets (because of work). So, I'm kind of owed this in some weird way.

YES YES YES YES

SamVimes

This looks like it's gonna be a repeat of the legendary Bulba invoker against ferrari's ta at ti2. Against ferrari's cousin too.

Top Bottom