• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Skab

Someone give me a recap on this singsing and LoL reddit business. I feel like I missed out on something hilarious.

Tobe

GAF should just stack a hotel room to make it cheap

thats what im saying, i aint going to a/c less and wifiless hostel fuck that. a room for 4 i guess will be ok i guess. my budget for hotel is 600. which is what i paid last year.

Boken

Banned
thats what im saying, i aint going to a/c less and wifiless hostel fuck that. a room for 4 i guess will be ok i guess. my budget for hotel is 600. which is what i paid last year.
exactly, pluis if u guys all bring laptops u can have fun lanparties
Someone give me a recap on this singsing and LoL reddit business. I feel like I missed out on something hilarious.
PvLgjU0.png

V2A5wvk.png

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

singsing started up his stream and then started playing LoL. I think he was playing with AUI and piedielie. They were playing against bots.

singsing was being himself, (swearing at his teammates), and someone on reddit made a thread asking "who's this singsing guy?" since he was in the LoL category on Twitch and #3 or #4 in viewers.

cue reddit freakout with people getting pissed that a Cloud9 streamer was cursing and being disrespectful. saying that Riot's policies shouldn't allow negative attitudes when streaming and that he should be removed from Cloud9.

At least that's what I remember, some of it could be wrong.

edit: boken beaten

Boken

Banned
singsing started up his stream and then started playing LoL. I think he was playing with AUI and piedielie. They were playing against bots.

singsing was being himself, (swearing at his teammates), and someone on reddit made a thread asking "who's this singsing guy?" since he was in the LoL category on Twitch and #3 or #4 in viewers.

cue reddit freakout with people getting pissed that a Cloud9 streamer was cursing and being disrespectful. saying that Riot's policies shouldn't allow negative attitudes when streaming and that he should be removed from Cloud9.

At least that's what I remember, some of it could be wrong.

edit: boken beaten
ur an april fools

Chris R

$600 is more than I'm paying and I'm staying an extra night. Enjoy your baller Penthouse suite :O

Boken

Banned
Was the thread all just a big joke on the joke?
I wasn't paying attention enough to tell.

the /r/leagueoflegends thread was started by a dota player and the thread was filled with twitch chat copy paste material

even the "as a devout LoL player" one. duh.

i dunno why
7HqPEfO.png
was assuming a lol player wrote that from his heart. maybe its april fools :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I was thinking about splitting a room. How much are the rooms running? I typically get rooms in Portland for like $100 a night.... But Seattle is probably a bit more.
Hostels brah
$50 absolute max

Splitting a hotel 2 or 3 way for $40 a night is good too, just lmk I need a spot.

Granadier

the /r/leagueoflegends thread was started by a dota player and the thread was filled with twitch chat copy paste material

even the "as a devout LoL player" one. duh.

i dunno why
7HqPEfO.png
was assuming a lol player wrote that from his heart. maybe its april fools :)

Thanks for clearing that up. I got to that thread after the thing had been nuked, so I was going off of other material that was also jokes.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Didn't see many 3 Br rooms, but there were a few two bed fulls.

I got a single queen though, had decent reviews too.
Usually it's a dual Queen room and you request a rollout or someone sleeps on floor / sofa cushions on rotation or cheaper.

Granadier

Hostels are great guys. If you are traveling to TI4 and looking to save money I can't recommend them enough.

Hostelworld.com is one that I used while traveling abroad, and I only ran into one bad hostel in London. Every other one was great. The reviews help a lot to sift out the ones that should be avoided.

The site also has listing for hotels, B&B's and other places to stay.

So how are we doing TI4, family.

Let's make this shit happen. General or Floor? Tickets going on sale Friday at 6pm est? Or did I misunderstand the blog post?

bounchfx

Let's make this shit happen. General or Floor? Tickets going on sale Friday at 6pm est? Or did I misunderstand the blog post?

I'm grabbing a general ticket. Gonna try to get a few, hopefully it's not a clusterfuck like last year to get tickets.

Tobe

getting floor seatings, and im flying the 16 at midnight and coming back the 22. so its check in the 17 check out the 22.

if anybody is willing to have a 4 man room tell me, im looking to get a nice comfy room with wifi and a/c. splitting it 4 way i dont think will be that expensive. just send me a pm to make arrangements.

DV didnt you drive to seattle last year?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm grabbing a general ticket. Gonna try to get a few, hopefully it's not a clusterfuck like last year to get tickets.
Use that model cash to get floor. With the cost of everything else you really should go floor dude.
getting floor seatings, and im flying the 16 at midnight and coming back the 22. so its check in the 17 check out the 22.

if anybody is willing to have a 4 man room tell me, im looking to get a nice comfy room with wifi and a/c. splitting it 4 way i dont think will be that expensive. just send me a pm to make arrangements.

DV didnt you drive to seattle last year?
Depends how swanky the hotel is.
I'm waiting until I actually get my tickets before booking, but maybe I'm crazy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I'm planning on a Floor ticket. Also, thanks for spelling out that its 6PM EST, I was thinking it was 7PM.

NewGame

Banned
Ranked is absolute trash bags to play for MMR. Nothing makes sense.

Play a game
Random Crystal Maiden
Carry starts crying about a lack of farm
Dies 5 times and loses tier 1
Ragequits
Loose a 4v5 with 3 - 8 - 11
I lose -95 MMR

Play a game
Random Death Prophet
Get all the t1 and t2 towers before 25 min
Win game 8 - 2 - 21
I gain +12 MMR

Volvo pls.

I also played another game with a random Asian speaking player who insisted that 'ALCH TAKE MY MIDAS #####' (Alchemist stole his Midas recipe). We explained to him over and over 'You can't use other players recipes' but he refused to believe us, when Alchemist didn't give the Midas to him he decided to sell all his items and run up the middle lane until he was 2 - 21 - 0 and the game was over.

That game also cost me nearly 100 mmr. Seriously I am never leaving 3k. never.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are you playing in a Party? You really shouldn't be losing 100 MMR per match. Some pictures would be nice.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Ranked is absolute trash bags to play for MMR. Nothing makes sense.

Play a game
Random Crystal Maiden
Carry starts crying about a lack of farm
Dies 5 times and loses tier 1
Ragequits
Loose a 4v5 with 3 - 8 - 11
I lose -95 MMR

Play a game
Random Death Prophet
Get all the t1 and t2 towers before 25 min
Win game 8 - 2 - 21
I gain +12 MMR

Volvo pls.

I also played another game with a random Asian speaking player who insisted that 'ALCH TAKE MY MIDAS #####' (Alchemist stole his Midas recipe). We explained to him over and over 'You can't use other players recipes' but he refused to believe us, when Alchemist didn't give the Midas to him he decided to sell all his items and run up the middle lane until he was 2 - 21 - 0 and the game was over.

That game also cost me nearly 100 mmr. Seriously I am never leaving 3k. never.

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. MMR gains and losses should not be that severe.

Top Bottom