• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Sliver

XDaUgEI.png

We did it boys.

Subitai

The replay deserves it's own thread so the rest of Gaf can be as entertained.

The buyback and rat moves was so intense.

Hupsel

Me and another gaffer (Itsuno) could use more players from time to time, we are around 2.5k, 3k MMR, not great but not so ROFLNOOB either. Add on steam privatebundy if youre interested to play, we go for all pick most of the time. Win or lose its all good fun
win is better

Ninman

I hope you're not using that game as evidence to support naga needing a nerf.

Naga is one of the most banned heroes for a reason, same as lycan, we´re gonna see a lot of long BORING games on TI4 especially on the chinese teams, Im sure Icefrog vision its to get a more fast paced dota.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Naga is one of the most banned heroes for a reason, same as lycan, we´re gonna see a lot of long BORING games on TI4 especially on the chinese teams, Im sure Icefrog vision its to get a more fast paced dota.

? naga is pretty much only ever first banned against arteezy. Notice how many pro's have tried to replicate the mid radiance naga and failed miserably on multiple occasions (namely TC and Fata). Also lycan is pretty much the definition of fast paced dota (i'm assuming the long games was a reference to naga though), he is THE carry that is the closest thing to a "hard-carry counter" and I think that makes him fun and unique--he encourages a lot of early game movement, clashes, and pushes (aka fast paced dota).

Also "boring" in dota is pretty subjective--different strokes for different folks. That's the fun of dota, not every single hero has to be a fast paced early game monster; hard carries that excel in lengthy games provided their team provides the space need to be viable as well. I think it's flawed to think all dota games should be 20-30 minutes no matter what and any hero that doesn't excel in these short games needs to be reworked.

I see naga in the same vein as tinker. Yeah, naga can be annoying, but yeah, so can tinker. Does tinker need to be nerfed because he often encourages turtle-fests and lengthy games? Not at all, that's the hero, he's not OP or UP, but he is definitely an annoying motherfucker and when you go into CM, you need to prepare for heroes like tinker--prepare for any and every type of strat to be the best.

Never nerf the hero because of the player! Arteezy SF was 20-0 in competitive, now something like 22-2. SF OP??!!?? Arteezy is just THAT good that he turns fairly balanced heroes that many pro's can't even play well (and don't want to pick) into first ban monsters (when teams play against him).

rac

Banned

According to datdota Naga's winrate for 6.80 is at 54%. That doesn't seem completely imbalanced to me.

Top Bottom