• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Kade

If 1000 gaffers pledge 1 (one) dollar each to my Indiegogo campaign to go to TI4, my dream will become a reality.

TF2 now has Dota 2 beat on one feature of backpack management. As of last night you can automatically jump to whatever page you want in TF2 and click and drag items to specific backpack pages, rather than shimmying them over page by page. It makes sorting backpacks manually a breeze.

TF2 also has the ability to change styles via the loadout menu (and has for a few months)

I'm surprised these things aren't in Dota 2.

Kade

TF2 now has Dota 2 beat on one feature of backpack management. As of last night you can automatically jump to whatever page you want in TF2 and click and drag items to specific backpack pages, rather than shimmying them over page by page. It makes sorting backpacks manually a breeze.

TF2 also has the ability to change styles via the loadout menu (and has for a few months)

They've been using TF2 as a testing ground for features since hats became a thing so I imagine this will come to Dota sooner or later.

Renoir

I actually know this. The guy who started it was named Carl, and his first food places were called Carl's Drive Ins. They expanded and it was just shortened to Carl's. Then later smaller chains of the same thing popped up and they were called Carl's Jr. Like Carl's ....... Jr.

They have like one ad a year with attractive women eating hamburgers. Most of their advertising isn't that out there.

And they're also known as Hardees where I live.

you stay on the east coast? GA by any chance.. just moved here from FL and i see a lot of those.

Zeknurn

There's like three people working on Dota 2 now. Things will come but at a slower rate.

To be fair to Valve, implementing drag and drop correctly is a headache to code.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There's like three people working on Dota 2 now. Things will come but at a slower rate.
The dota team had like 20 people, and more then the tf2 team.

Still surprised you can't sell hats yet for tf2, maybe valve is worried about a massive cash out.

The dota team had like 20 people, and more then the tf2 team.

Still surprised you can't sell hats yet for tf2, maybe valve is worried about a massive cash out.

Only 20? The TF team has 10-15 at any given time. Seems like Dota would have far more than TF2, especially at the rate Dota 2 pumps out content compared to TF2.

Hylian7

I <3 ability draft

4snUmaH.jpg

people don't realize how OP napalm is.

I want to try this build, but it is so damn specific.

Hero: Sniper
Jinada
Enchant Totem
Take Aim
Walrus Punch

Enchant Totem would be such a broken ability if it was on any other hero than Eathshaker.

inkls

As a mental exercise I've been looking at my past games in captain mode (note that I wasn't captain during those games) and trying to figure out how the draft could have gone better. Currently I'm looking at a lineup in a game I played yesterday (which we lost):

Radiant (us): Phantom Assassin (me), Disruptor, Mirana, Ogre and Elder Titan

Dire: Bristleback, Silencer, Shadow Shaman, Witch Doctor and Faceless Void

Here's the match id if anyone wants it: http://dotabuff.com/matches/590631692

I did pretty bad, the only thing I had going for me was my farm. I had suggested PA to the captain because in my head she would be a counter due to blur and her crits (I know, I'm an idiot).

I've been looking at their team to try figure out what was the weaknesses of their draft and what heroes would have been more useful to pick.

So far I think Doom would have been a good pickup due to his ult reducing the tankiness of bristle and lvl? Death melting him late game. I think 3 out of their 5 heroes (silencer, Witch Doctor, Shadow Shaman) were quite susceptible to ganks, but Mirana filled the role of ganker pretty well early on (she was mid). I'm thinking Omni would have been useful for his ult and heal in teamfights vs bristle, silencer, and Shadow Shaman's ult. And the mana cost of some of the heroes make me think pugna would have been a good pick (also rubick, puck). Huskar sounds pretty good imo vs bristle due to the ult dmg and the magic immunity passive that makes him resistant to the rest of the team.

Timber was already banned btw. Any thoughts or ideas on other heroes that would have been useful?

Also, speaking of captain mode: how do I determine the first 2 bans and picks? From what I've seen, those bans usually are used to get rid of flavor of the month heroes or pub stompers like DP, NP and others. If I'm not sure what I'm looking for for my team, should I do the same?

Usually the first two picks seem to be supports or a hero you want to grab quickly and that you banned its most potent counter (Like in the previously mentioned game. Bristle was first pick and timber had been second ban) is this a good way of doing this?

I cant get the hang of playing lycan. His dogs seems too weak until level 3 to even use the spell and then if your in a lane with any type of ranged hero, getting farm is pain. Can anyone write a quick run though or give me a reply of decent lycan game.

Ketch

I want to try this build, but it is so damn specific.

Hero: Sniper
Jinada
Enchant Totem
Take Aim
Walrus Punch

Enchant Totem would be such a broken ability if it was on any other hero than Eathshaker.

You forgot tide bringer. Jinada with tide bringer on some str hero would be OP.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I cant get the hang of playing lycan. His dogs seems too weak until level 3 to even use the spell and then if your in a lane with any type of ranged hero, getting farm is pain. Can anyone write a quick run though or give me a reply of decent lycan game.
If you jungle you kill your self on neutrals after 2 or 3 camps to heal. If you lane, get early points in howl and spam it to last hit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, how do you all think they are going to shave a day off the tournament? Are we just going to have some really long days, or maybe the upper bracket will start off as best of 1? I think this year the playoffs is going to be a full round robin and not split into groups.

Kade

League Animal Crossing is like basketball without dribbling and slam dunks which was fun the last time I did that.

Top Bottom