• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

D1TVqM8.png

CREDITS: EranFolio for the title art; DireDude for character art.

IMPORTANT LINKS
3T9pEhn.png

Tj1iyEE.png

With over 100 heroes in the game, you have quite the selection of heroes to fall in love with. Here are some tips:
  • Go to the gym to get swole and boost your strength stats.
  • Go to the library to get smarts and boost your intellect stats.
  • Go to the nightclub to dance and boost your agility stats.
  • Try to interact with your chosen lover at least once a day.
  • Each hero prefers a different stat. Do some research before buying items for them.
  • The good ending is only achieved when you earn 100 in your chosen stat.
  • Venge is hotter than Luna.

VMFYJs6.png

lXCPPSh.png
kYR2eNp.png

pI06bJb.png
oAJoxoM.png

on8sOev.png
mTuHB74.png

I just saw eHug's new courier. I swear to god if that thing gets in I don't know if I'll laugh or cry.

Pls change title to: vote for TA arcana. Please and thank you.

Razzer

Why the fuck does LC look like a goblin in the Visual Novel

She's been fighting dude.

"dude, that’s tresdin. you dont mess with her. cross her path once and youre done. rumor has it, in her first year, she challenged 31 people to fights. she won each and every one of them. sure, she gets hit alot too, but still, she wins every one. but that’s not the scary part. for every fight she wins, it’s as if she gets better and better each time. stay away from her, man” - from the site where the artwork is from.

Edit: The Omni x PA thing is some random pairing the community made after a russian guy made an art piece with them. Dunno what the Rosh thing is though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Windrunner > Venge > Luna

seriously milk, how did you leave WR out of the OT?

Dang the other thread closed so I hope it's ok to post this again. I'm having trouble using the marketplace. Never used it before but my friend got me a $20 Steam gift card so I thought I'd try it but when I try to buy something it says I need to make an actual purchase within the last 30 days. Ok, that's cool, so I went and bought a HUD skin on the Dota store and went to try the marketplace again and it's giving me the same message. I tried logging out and still no dice. Am I doing something wrong?

Dang the other thread closed so I hope it's ok to post this again. I'm having trouble using the marketplace. Never used it before but my friend got me a $20 Steam gift card so I thought I'd try it but when I try to buy something it says I need to make an actual purchase within the last 30 days. Ok, that's cool, so I went and bought a HUD skin on the Dota store and went to try the marketplace again and it's giving me the same message. I tried logging out and still no dice. Am I doing something wrong?
What's the exact message? That doesn't sound right.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I post more than I play this shitty ass game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I will vote for Seasonal Treant, whose leaves change with the seasons.

Spring: Mother fucking cherry blossoms
Summer: Green like it is now, maybe with some fruit
Autumn: Brown, orange and red
Winter: Bare branches covered with snow

$30.

Risible

I love the game. However, matchmaking has caused it to be virtually unplayable for me.

I don't bother with ranked because I'm low-tier (~2600 MMR) and it gets frustrating for various reasons.

It seems like there's been a huge uptick in matches where no one speaks english except me. They play the game like it's a deathmatch, as if only the number of kills (not their deaths) count. Teamwork is nonexistent. The trashtalking is incessant. The only english they might know are curses. Every game is either us stomping them or vice-versa, and far too often I seem to be on the losing end of it.

I'm very very close to writing it off. As an older working man and father I can't commit to specific times to play, so I can't really form a Dota posse.

Any suggestions? I'm at my wit's end.

Dares

I love the game. However, matchmaking has caused it to be virtually unplayable for me.

I don't bother with ranked because I'm low-tier (~2600 MMR) and it gets frustrating for various reasons.

It seems like there's been a huge uptick in matches where no one speaks english except me. They play the game like it's a deathmatch, as if only the number of kills (not their deaths) count. Teamwork is nonexistent. The trashtalking is incessant. The only english they might know are curses. Every game is either us stomping them or vice-versa, and far too often I seem to be on the losing end of it.

I'm very very close to writing it off. As an older working man and father I can't commit to specific times to play, so I can't really form a Dota posse.

Honestly I hang out in the Giantbomb channel in game and play with those stacks. It if far more enjoyable to me than randoms. Sure there are still times where there are dummys but overall it is a better experience.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

What mode do you play? I find that All Pick is a cesspool sometimes, and Random Draft is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom