• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Radec

Is cherry MX brown switch the standard for dota players now? Both G710 and Durandal G1N (Na'vi's keyboard) use it.

My 6gv2 is crying (Is iG still using them?).

Why does it matter if they use a different keyboard or switches than you ?

Are you getting on their level of skill if you use the same one?

Give them a $3 keyboard and they will still be good at what they do.

Reckoner

Why did you use two tangos back to back ? The regen doesn't stack AFAIK right ? What was that Lina thinking anyway diving that far, she already pushed you out of the lane
facepalm.gif

Newbie mistake. I wasn't sure if it stacked or not, but now that you've said it I'll take that note for the future.

Mohasus

Why does it matter if they use a different keyboard or switches than you ?

Give them a $3 keyboard and they will still be good at what they do.

Please take the stick out of your ass.

I used a membrane keyboard and when I changed to a mechanical it made a difference. Not huge, but significant.

No, I won't and I don't think I ever implied that.

Sure they will still be good. Will they be as good as they are now? Probably not.

If you think it doesn't change anything, fine. But people wouldn't be paying way more for a keyboard if it were the same. That's like saying every car will get where you want so you should buy the cheapest one. Sorry if you are offended by the fact that I want to make my hobby more comfortable.

M.D

do people not realize dota is a team game or what? lost a game just because this queen of pain refused to do anything with the team for 99% of the match.. so annoying

Radec

Please take the stick out of your ass.

I used a membrane keyboard and when I changed to a mechanical it made a difference. Not huge, but significant.

No, I won't and I don't think I ever implied that.

Sure they will still be good. Will they be as good as they are now? Probably not.

If you think it doesn't change anything, fine. But people wouldn't be paying way more for a keyboard if it were the same. That's like saying every car will get where you want so you should buy the cheapest one. Sorry if you are offended by the fact that I want to make my hobby more comfortable.

lol.

again, why does it matter if they use different switches than you?

if they are using browns and you are comfortable with blacks, will you switch since the "pros" are using it and it is the "standard" now ?

kvk1

if they are using browns and you are comfortable with blacks, will you switch since the "pros" are using it and it is the "standard" now ?

You're putting a lot of words in his mouth there. Relax, friend.

There are always general community preferences when it comes to certain games and what's required of the hardware. Certain switches (for instance the blues) will make double-clicking items harder/less responsive, or spam-clicking A/S more arduous, etc.

It's a perfectly normal question to ask what the current preference of the people playing the game the most (e.g. the pros) is.

Acinixys

trying to win my daily as slardar is suffering

how do I win as slardar? I always seem to fall behind

Treads - Blink - start ganking fuckedup - Armlet -Heart - AC - MKB and maybe a BKB somewhere in there if you feel they blowing you up to fast (Core is Treads/Blink/Armlet. Rest is situational)

Slardar is at this most effective from levels 6 to 16 when his ult comes online. You should be spamming it 24/7 as soon as its available. -10 armor at minute 6/7 is BRUTAL for supports and strength/int carrys. Plus his ult goes through bkb so you can slap their carry with -20 armor in the lategame as well

You need to play him almost like Centaur, but way more aggressive (if possible). His bash is the highest damaging bash in the game and his physical stun gets almost 50% extra damage if you ult them before stunning, plus his Sprint has no mana cost so you can chase for days.

Mohasus

lol.

again, why does it matter if they use different switches than you?

While I'm comfortable with blacks, I've wanted to change my keyboard for a while now because it doesn't have a windows key on the left side, making every shortcut (and there are tons of them in Windows 8.1) harder to press.
I've never tried a brown switch. Where I live, it isn't easy to find physical stores that sell mechanical keyboards. I bought mine without trying any other switch, just because Na'vi and iG were using it.

So, if I'm going to buy a new keyboard anyway, why wouldn't I want something better considering that the switch type doesn't change the cost?

Zeth

Extremely accurate depiction of my Disruptor games:

N8SmhG7.png

I use MX Browns and love them. Tried blues and reds and don't think either would be ideal for Dota (imo).

SamVimes

Yo Matt i'm enjoying your inteviews but what about mentioning at what point in the tournament you are before each one? It's not always easy to tell if you're interviewing someone after they won a couple of games of before their first game of the day and it makes some difference in the context.

Hylian7

Extremely accurate depiction of my Disruptor games:

N8SmhG7.png

I use MX Browns and love them. Tried blues and reds and don't think either would be ideal for Dota (imo).
So accurate, reminds me of that one comic where Warlock dusts revealing Riki and BH, while Windrunner and Dark Seer run off and leave him.

Hylian7

Okay, so maybe now I'm willing to admit Tinker is a bit OP. However I'm not sure of a logical spell or item nerf for him. I think the real answer is reducing his strength gain, armor, or both.

I feel like he is one of those heroes that 3 people can gank me mid, and I can survive it and get a triple kill.

Hylian7

No longer can re-arm blink, base str nerf.

12s is low enough for anyone.

No, that would ruin things. At the very least they should not let him Rearm the damage cancel on blink.

Edit: Clarification, meant no to the Blink thing. I'm on board with a base Str nerf.

Would giving rearm a few seconds CD break him completely?
Absolutely. Besides, if you don't complete a Rearm if started, you lose the 150/250/350 mana.

ViviOggi

Okay, so maybe now I'm willing to admit Tinker is a bit OP. However I'm not sure of a logical spell or item nerf for him. I think the real answer is reducing his strength gain, armor, or both.

I feel like he is one of those heroes that 3 people can gank me mid, and I can survive it and get a triple kill.
Start with fixing the blink rearm shit

Epix

Loving all the Skywrath love so far.

Also how do you access the multicast? Is it ingame or through dota2.com or something?

-Snooze-

Banned
I've put in about 160 hours now and I finally feel like I have a grasp on what I'm doing. That being said playing with random people who don't communicate is killing me. No one ever wants to stick together. They just all run off to try and play hero and just end up feeding the other team. So much rage.

If anyone wants to play, add me. Please. I can't take the random team mates anymore. Steam link is in my profile.

You should try captains mode. I had the same issue with poor teamwork until I began playing that.

Sanjay

It's boring when you don't talk :( Also lagging like hell on my iPad.

We need that rage like H7.

I've said many times, the best balance for him would be to make all his skills do magical dmg only.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm so done with this daily hero shit. Got Slardar 2nd time in 3 days. First time took me like 5 games because my team is constantly picking melee non-support heroes and other shitty hero compositions. Today's Slardar attempt, my third game, the enemy team Slark disconnects at hero select, after 5 mins abandons. Earth Spirit on MY team feeds twice and disconnects. Then Slark comes back. By this time I'm 7-0 and we have an alright team 4v5 (one of their 5 being a level 1 Slark) THEN my team starts disconnecting. So the other team gets the abandon but they still win because I'm playing 1v5. Fucking pub players can eat the corn out of my shit.

Mohasus

I'm so done with this daily hero shit. Got Slardar 2nd time in 3 days. First time took me like 5 games because my team is constantly picking melee non-support heroes and other shitty hero compositions. Today's Slardar attempt, my third game, the enemy team Slark disconnects at hero select, after 5 mins abandons. Earth Spirit on MY team feeds twice and disconnects. Then Slark comes back. By this time I'm 7-0 and we have an alright team 4v5 (one of their 5 being a level 1 Slark) THEN my team starts disconnecting. So the other team gets the abandon but they still win because I'm playing 1v5. Fucking pub players can eat the corn out of my shit.

25 compendium points cost 5 cents on the market.

Can you guys do me a favour? If you see a great play in one of today's matches can you PM the game, timestamp and a brief description.

Good chance the play will be featured on the stream later today if it's good.

Ty in advanced.

Ketch

My prediction for hero with the most wins looks like it's coming true! Jump on this DOOM TRAIN!!!!! CHUU CHUUU!

Someone from the wrong side of the argument please explain why doom sucks again.

Top Bottom