• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Well, I think that this may be the place to post this:

Yesterday I downloaded the game and today I'm completing the tutorials. My first time playing MOBAs, never played the original Dota nor LoL, even though my friends tried to make me play it many, many times. This week I started watching some streams on Twitch and one streamer convinced me to try it. Let's just say now that I quite liked what I've seen so far, never thought that I would say this but eh. Still getting the ropes from the gameplay, but even now I can see how it could be quite addictive.

I'm already watching some of those videos and tutorials in the first page, but can someone point me to an early hero that can be a tank? I like to soak damage and help people, but I'm not that into healing (support)

EDIT: If I end up liking this genre, then maybe I should call my familiy and write my last wishes, since when I like something I give everything that I got into it (like I did with Football Manager, 192 hours in 2 weeks acording to Steam).

Wok

Yesterday I downloaded the game and today I'm completing the tutorials. My first time playing MOBAs, never played the original Dota nor LoL, even though my friends tried to make me play it many, many times. This week I started watching some streams on Twitch and one streamer convinced me to try it. Let's just say now that I quite liked what I've seen so far, never thought that I would say this but eh. Still getting the ropes from the gameplay, but even now I can see how it could be quite addictive.

I'm already watching some of those videos and tutorials in the first page, but can someone point me to an early hero that can be a tank? I like to soak damage and help people, but I'm not that into healing (support)

EDIT: If I end up liking this genre, then maybe I should call my familiy and write my last wishes, since when I like something I give everything that I got into it (like I did with Football Manager, 192 hours in 2 weeks acording to Steam).

Bristleback is the definition of a tank. If you want raw HP, maybe Centaur or Axe. What you want is a durable hero like Abaddon, Timbersaw, WK, etc.:
http://dotabuff.com/heroes#Durable

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

As the other guy said Axe and Bristleback are the definition of tanky utility heroes.

Acinixys

I was going to post in the TI4 thread but its a fast moving circle jerk so ill ask here

WTF was that game between games 1 & 2 of EG vs DK?

The game in the TI4 Tourny tab linked me to some random pub with an Invoker + Bristle vs an ES and shit

Am i insane? Was this a linking bug? Im very confused

TUSR

Banned
I was going to post in the TI4 thread but its a fast moving circle jerk so ill ask here

WTF was that game between games 1 & 2 of EG vs DK?

The game in the TI4 Tourny tab linked me to some random pub with an Invoker + Bristle vs an ES and shit

Am i insane? Was this a linking bug? Im very confused

There is only 1 game at a time in the finals. So it must have been a bug.

Ultimatum

Banned
I'm glad burning is retiring after ti4 since he's so shit

can't wait to see ice and mushi play with a decent 1

although I hope lanm plays another year

He was very good last year, but he was doing really poorly every match I saw. He has 0 impact on the game it seems like, which makes him a pretty useless 1 position. Mushi and iceiceice are substantially better players.

Messiah

image.php

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
section 212 ftw, yellow shirt near the top if u wanna come say hi

sitting with gofu, kard, waffle, and kappy tho swift and kard died in the secret shop line and kappy is tryin to sex up some Asian chick

Madouu

None of the experts realized how strong EG's draft in game 2 was against DK before the game started, that was a bit disappointing.

EG, chinese slayers.
highfive.gif

Hylian7

This is the last series tonight? Damn. I was going to go to my local pubstomp after work, but never mind. I'll just go for tomorrow and Sunday.

manfestival

hey fellas, I missed like everything after 10 minutes of the last eg game. I can see that they won but they were kinda losing at that point of the game when i was playing

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wish I noticed the workshop station earlier, love walking up their between games. No clue who is going to be their the next time slot.

Got a bulba card which is nice. Notail ran out sadly.

You guys are damn high up. I waved in your General direction.

Wtf, I can't stop playing this game even though I suck and keep dying. This is like what CS did to me some time ago, but even there I wasn't this bad.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Wtf, I can't stop playing this game even though I suck and keep dying. This is like what CS did to me some time ago, but even there I wasn't this bad.

Just think of how addicted you will be after you learn how to not die. I almost wish I could go back to that first couple months playing where my improvement from week to week was almost tangible. I feel like I have plateaued a bit in the last couple months, which is troubling because I still suck. That first couple of months, tho where I literally learned something new every single game, was probably my favorite time in video gaming.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

When you get competent its the most satisfying, frustrating, exhilarating, rage inducing game in the world

rvnRQj5.png

oh god someone help me

You might also like Centaur Warrunner. He's incredibly tanky and has relatively simple abilities, as opposed to Axe. I'd also argue Axe is harder for newer players since you need to be confident in your initiation and know when not to engage, and this is hard to judge when you're just starting out. Furthermore, Centaur has health for days and can boost his movespeed to flee from an unsuccesful initiation, whereas Axe is a little squishier and has no escape options. Axe goes balls deep and either wins resoundingly or fails catastrophically, i.e. he's less forgiving for newer players.

Just think of how addicted you will be after you learn how to not die. I almost wish I could go back to that first couple months playing where my improvement from week to week was almost tangible. I feel like I have plateaued a bit in the last couple months, which is troubling because I still suck. That first couple of months, tho where I literally learned something new every single game, was probably my favorite time in video gaming.

When you get competent its the most satisfying, frustrating, exhilarating, rage inducing game in the world

rvnRQj5.png

oh god someone help me

You might also like Centaur Warrunner. He's incredibly tanky and has relatively simple abilities, as opposed to Axe. I'd also argue Axe is harder for newer players since you need to be confident in your initiation and know when not to engage, and this is hard to judge when you're just starting out. Furthermore, Centaur has health for days and can boost his movespeed to flee from an unsuccesful initiation, whereas Axe is a little squishier and has no escape options. Axe goes balls deep and either wins resoundingly or fails catastrophically, i.e. he's less forgiving for newer players.

Thanks guys, things like these help me manage to keep going even though I suck.

Ketch

I know some people were gonna nap, but I'm up for heading out somewhere. We were shopping around Shortys which is a pinball bar.

are you still in the secret shop line

I'm sitting behind synd & LD. Haven't tried SS yet. I would be down for whatever, food mostly.

Ban doom ffs

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I know some people were gonna nap, but I'm up for heading out somewhere. We were shopping around Shortys which is a pinball bar.

are you still in the secret shop line
I likely want to stop by the hostel first and drop off the bag they gave us. I think haz is to out of it to do anything tonight.

Quesa

This just in: techies testing reveals you can use suicide while under shallow grave and not die. I'm sure people knew this already but jic I think this could be p good/dont let dazzle and techies on the same team

Top Bottom