• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Not a fan of the true form (w/e reason it reminds me of Jake from adventure time), bear looks cool and I want that radiance & mjolnir model on every bear now.

Can't believe Void won, wtf is this. Have they even seen slardar?

Honestly every time I poke my head into ranked the player quality, both in gameplay and attitude, seems to fall off a cliff.

Its a shame, because I really like the idea on the surface, having a measurable number to track your level of skill in the Dota MM system. But it attracts both people who also find that idea interesting and assholes who think that the whole point of playing games is to watch numbers go up.

It's not even skill though. It's win or lose with others involved and doesn't seem based off of solo performance. You can feed all day and your MMR will go up if your teammates win it for you. It should be more complex like some older team based shooters where it factored in a lot of your individual stats as well to determine the amount of points you get. If I recall right you could still drop points and win a match if you had a lousy performance in some of those games.

Also why pick a hero that still needs reworked? Valve will get to them at some point anyway without a vote. Picking one for a second model like void was the best choice.

Ketch

I'm not hiding I have just been busy.

Set a time and place for a new GAF meet up and I'll try and be there.

Allright allright allright…. I guess we could have an entirely new meet up just for you. Since you're soooooooooo busy
icefrog
. I have no idea what though….

There's this one dark parking garage on queens ave…. no never mind, that's too creepy.

For real though, at the meet up last night we learned a bunch of the contributors are doing stuff in the workshop section today between like 10 and 2 and 4 to 6 or something. Maybe we could all just meet up there during one of those times (between games). But, I'm sure you'll just get mobbed by fans and won't really be able to talk, so maybe that's not so good.

Unless, you know a good restaurant nearby I have no other ideas. There's a safeway like two blocks down, they have a starbucks… we are in seattle…. that's all I got.

Also why pick a hero that still needs reworked? Valve will get to them at some point anyway without a vote. Picking one for a second model like void was the best choice.

Mostly because its been 4 years and slardar has looked like garbage since TI1. There's not really any indication that they're going to rework him soon, hell the Shadowfiend rework still isn't out. Troll still doesn't have cosmetics either.

Demoli

Im pretty sad they gutted the amazing Wolf Hunter set by T_Vidotto

Look at all this amazing and cool shit they didnt add

Custom Entangle
Custom Animations
Evolving True Form

Yup, I can confirm, It has no alternate styles on the bear, True Form doesn't scale (I'm ok with this), but they didnt even add the entangle effect.

Also, I found out by chance this little thing:

lonedruidroarc4kni.png

Aparently, Battle Cry doesn't only boost you and the bear, it boosts all Units under your control, like Manta/Rune illusions (how i found out), Necros and HotD creeps.

I really gotta give this a shot one day.

Demoli

It's like this

Edit: To people that have the wolf hunter set for Sylla, the bear has hitbox issues. I have a lot of trouble transferring items and have even lost a few during a match due to it.

boosh5

Banned
Honestly every time I poke my head into ranked the player quality, both in gameplay and attitude, seems to fall off a cliff.

Its a shame, because I really like the idea on the surface, having a measurable number to track your level of skill in the Dota MM system. But it attracts both people who also find that idea interesting and assholes who think that the whole point of playing games is to watch numbers go up.

I was really happy when ranked was released for that very reason. I was hoping it would attract all the assholes and leave unranked in a state where I wouldn't need to mute a teammate nearly every match. I'm not sure that it worked, but I think it had to have helped some.

Ketch

I say don't jungle Doom unless you're getting shut down on your lane.

I agree with this. Jungle doom is trash tier unless you somehow get like super lucky.

If you DO jungle with him, I'd say either eat the big satyr for hp regen or the troll netter and go for first blood. Probably want to go mek first and then get a catch up midas after otherwise you'll be just shit useless for like 12 minutes at best (or 20 minutes on average if you're shit like me).

@Cyborg Matt - whatever you decide for meet up you should bring Rudds with you. Even though he never posts in this thread, he's still a GAFer
Rudds if you're lurking come meet us! I want to be vicariously internet famous for a few minutes.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think I've found my secret to going up in Ranked

Only play Vengeful Spirit

Its weird, normally I don't think I do that well with her, but of my last five ranked games I've won 3, and all of them were as Venge

Zeth

WTF at the missing bear styles. Wow! That was literally the thing that made that set stand out and garnered it so many votes on the workshop. That's really lame.

So the LD set I payed $14 for yesterday is in a $4 chest? Why valve? Why not just sell the chests here for the same price?

Yours is genuine I guess

WTF at the missing bear styles. Wow! That was literally the thing that made that set stand out and garnered it so many votes on the workshop. That's really lame.

Yours is genuine I guess

So is my DK set but that cost the same price as the chest. It's just a little frustrating, especially finding out that the LD set lost so many of the features that were in the original video.

Demoli

Just had the best game in ages. The enemy combo of Chrono, March and DP ulti was so retarded, can't believe aghs chrono is that strong. Thankfully I managed to split push enough and when Slardar Started getting his initiation right, we managed to find a pick off on void and win.

bounchfx

And welcome to the tough/bullshit part of the workshop. Ez to submit awesome stuff but there's never a guarantee stuff like particles/animations etc will get in since there's no "official" support yet. It's worth trying but I understand the frustration from both sides. It sucks if the hype of an item relies solely on those aspects though either way :(

manfestival

And welcome to the tough/bullshit part of the workshop. Ez to submit awesome stuff but there's never a guarantee stuff like particles/animations etc will get in since there's no "official" support yet. It's worth trying but I understand the frustration from both sides. It sucks if the hype of an item relies solely on those aspects though either way :(

hey dude, I bought redpaw. Its been so long. I wish they kept his original name but I'm happy hes just in

Ties

Banned
I think I've found my secret to going up in Ranked

Only play Vengeful Spirit

Its weird, normally I don't think I do that well with her, but of my last five ranked games I've won 3, and all of them were as Venge
her stun and aura are really good, plus she has bulk for a support

So I got the new Clock set and noticed the rocket is inside of a launcher. Knowing how Clock's cosmetic rockets work, I was thinking, "no way will this be as broken as it could be"

Sure enough, it is as broken as it possibly could be. Clockwerk launches the entire cannon and it glitchly flies through the air and floats over the firework area for awhile.

A good idea for a cosmetic broken by a bug :(

And the way Valve fixes cosmetic bugs it'll never be fixed.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Prepare for the VG vs. Newbee finals everybody, the least interesting matchup for the most amount of money ever.

That meetup last night was super awesome, thanks for inviting us.

I spent like 30 mins talking to an Australian where else could I have done that?

bounchfx

hey dude, I bought redpaw. Its been so long. I wish they kept his original name but I'm happy hes just in
Thanks man! I'm so glad you like it :D I'm a little sad about the name change too but there was something similar in game already apparently.

That meetup last night was super awesome, thanks for inviting us.

I spent like 30 mins talking to an Australian where else could I have done that?

Hell yeah man, thanks for coming! It was great meeting you all. I had a lot of fun, glad there was a decent turnout haha. Wasn't sure what to expect!

BraXzy

I feel sorry for DK. This may be an esport, but playing a best of three to then almost instantly start another best of 3 must start to get mentally draining. Seems a bit unfair to not have a break.

Kreunt

Banned
I feel sorry for DK. This may be an esport, but playing a best of three to then almost instantly start another best of 3 must start to get mentally draining. Seems a bit unfair to not have a break.

and if they win they start another BO3 against EG.

i mean thats something youd want to take into account while seeding

Future hero art!
5jBwRWR.png

???/Pit Lord/Zet?

Who the heck is the first hero? Shadow Demon concept art? Undying remake? New hero?
A new art for Underlord, looks like he went through a big design shift since we last saw him, probably explains his delay.
Also first possible reference to Zet ever!

Top Bottom