• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Mohasus

icefrog should remove buildings from the game and make it a team deathmatch. 30 or 50 kills (actually deaths from the other team) to win.

Rat dota solved, 5 man deathball pushed solved.

Ketch

Cybormatt where's the after party/funeral?

Shorty's Bar w/ pinball
2222 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98121

Me and haz are going now, others are arriving at 830-9ish

Edit: this place is legit. Tons of arcade machines. Second room full if pinball tables.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Everyone knows Ti5 will be Pudge Wars.

Grand finals will be Tree Tag Enting.

Tides of Blood All Star match.

Fake edit: found it

TaEqkO1.png

this is fan art

KingKong

icefrog should remove buildings from the game and make it a team deathmatch. 30 or 50 kills (actually deaths from the other team) to win.

Rat dota solved, 5 man deathball pushed solved.

hear me out: each teams ancient has a flag and the goal of the game is to take the flag from their ancient to your ancient

Indignate

It's wierd I enjoy 4 protect 1, rat dota and 5 man death ball dota haha. I don't think there's a type of Dota I dislike, as long as it's being played well.

I'm also lucky (is it luck) that I enjoy all forms of Dota by any team.

So it doesn't matter who plays in the GF and what style they'll use, I'm going to be pretty hype about it.

I mean, sucks that a team that I really like isn't in it, but whatever.

Anilusion

So it doesn't matter who plays in the GF and what style they'll use, I'm going to be pretty hype about it.

Yeah, I'm the same. Tomorrow is going to be awesome!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

I'd love to feel this way but my problem with it is that these teams haven't shown a tendency to vary their strategies at all. Good Dota to me is varied, with a lot of different heroes and possibilities. I really doubt we'll see a large range of heroes tomorrow at all.

Like honestly, does anyone actually think the finals tomorrow will even come close to rivaling how great the TI3 finals were?

I really doubt we'll see a large range of heroes tomorrow at all.

I'll be amazed if the number of heroes played exceeds 20. I'll also be shocked if Razor, NP, and Shadow Shaman aren't 100% P/B across every match tomorrow.

Like honestly, does anyone actually think the finals tomorrow will even come close to rivaling how great the TI3 finals were?

Only the last match of the TI3 Grand Finals was amazing, and it was probably one of the best DotA matches to date. I expect no match will be longer than 35 minutes and all of them to be pretty one-sided from the 5 minute mark on.

VG's push line ups are damn powerful, its so hard to for teams to reliably shut it down.

It puts a lot of pressure on their supports to succeed with their early game ganks. I remember in the series they lost, vs Newbee, a part of it was due to their roaming supports failing in their early ganks and thus being behind in lvls and gold. Although that's not telling the whole story since Newbee are pretty aggressive in their own right.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
goddamnitpuckissofun

Zipping around, fuckin up yo teamfight, burstin down yo shit-ass supports, bein all unkillable n' shit. I dunno why I was so crappy on this hero before but the two games I played this week have been so good. I finally feel the controlling power of that hero and it's so damn good. Get the same feeling I get when I play Clock, only I don't die as much.

dmshaposv

It puts a lot of pressure on their supports to succeed with their early game ganks. I remember in the series they lost, vs Newbee, a part of it was due to their roaming supports failing in their early ganks and thus being behind in lvls and gold. Although that's not telling the whole story since Newbee are pretty aggressive in their own right.

Bulldozer dota, man. dat 5 man deathball is straighup bulldozer.

Both teams excel at it, so its really whoever takes out the other faster. Newbee and VG is actually a perfect final, in a way. Two teams that play a very similar style of dota.

ZeroX03

Banned
what possesses someone to feed 27 deaths?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/788113755

this community. swear to christ.

Had a Nyx who called gg thirty seconds into the game, built Vlads and jungled the entire game while we slowly lost. Would've easily won if he'd contributed to the game, there was so many fights where just that little extra damage would've flipped the outcome. Entire team reported him and we got the "action has been taken" notification immediately though, which was nice to see.

Chris R

Shorty's Bar w/ pinball
2222 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98121

Me and haz are going now, others are arriving at 830-9ish

Edit: this place is legit. Tons of arcade machines. Second room full if pinball tables.
Wish I would have seen this sooner :( oh well. Pizza was fun / tasty right Kirby!

uhh my lockless luckvessel code isn't working. i use redeem code in my armory, right?

do it on steam..not in-game :3 i did that mistake too when someone was giving a gold trove chest..;_; was too late..

edit: like he said,,,a little too late on my end...like eg.....with that rosh lmao

bounchfx

holy shit

are we getting new chests like every day now?

I think this is it for a month or something. This one was supposed to go in yesterday but there was some file trouble finishing the art on time. These are just all the economy card sets available for everyone else now in non-genuine form.

I know it's china vs china but I'm still really looking forward to the games tomorrow.

dmshaposv

I think this is it for a month or something. This one was supposed to go in yesterday but there was some file trouble finishing the art on time. These are just all the economy card sets available for everyone else now in non-genuine form.

I know it's china vs china but I'm still really looking forward to the games tomorrow.

I'm not gonna watch all games, but will keep in check if they go to game 5.

The matchup feels very balanced here. 2 five man deathball teams running into each other to finish off the game fast. Whoever wins, we get to see some exciting dota.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Rat-dota = split push. THAT IS ALL.

Rat dota does not mean 5 man push, does not mean deathball, etc...

There have been maybe 3 games of rat dota during these last 2 phases of TI, all involving naga, and I'm pretty sure she lost all 3.

The metagame is all about 5 man push revolving around 2-3 heroes that can force down towers (SS, DP, VENO, DK, prophet, LYCAN, etc..) paired with 2-3 heroes that can win fights (brew, enigma, tide,etc...). All are relatively strong heroes with very few core items. Win fight, take quick towers, take rosh. THAT IS NOT RAT DOTA. rat dota was basically dead at this TI, so please for the love of god, stop fucking whining about something that does not exist.

If you want to whine, whine about 5 man push, because that's what VG and several of the Chinese teams have been doing and have been extremely good at, not fucking KOTL + PL split push, furion split push, AM split push, or morph split push. They group up and bulldoze lane after lane.

Hylian7

Butterfly > Heart against Sniper.

Probably right but I feel like it didn't even matter as we already lost the game before I could have gotten either of those and there was nothing I could really do. I did the splitpush thing, it didn't matter, they could just deathball our shit down.

Trasher

Rat-dota = split push. THAT IS ALL.

Rat dota does not mean 5 man push, does not mean deathball, etc...

There have been maybe 3 games of rat dota during these last 2 phases of TI, all involving naga, and I'm pretty sure she lost all 3.

The metagame is all about 5 man push revolving around 2-3 heroes that can force down towers (SS, DP, VENO, DK, prophet, LYCAN, etc..) paired with 2-3 heroes that can win fights (brew, enigma, tide,etc...). All are relatively strong heroes with very few core items. Win fight, take quick towers, take rosh. THAT IS NOT RAT DOTA. rat dota was basically dead at this TI, so please for the love of god, stop fucking whining about something that does not exist.

If you want to whine, whine about 5 man push, because that's what VG and several of the Chinese teams have been doing and have been extremely good at, not fucking KOTL + PL split push, furion split push, AM split push, or morph split push. They group up and bulldoze lane after lane.
Where's that picture, BRO?!

Top Bottom