• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bounch, if you see someone at Valve tomorrow tell them the Autographs on the Promo items is broken. The autographs over write each other so you only get 1 for an item that should have more.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
212 is a shit section go lower jesus
Post where u fuckin sit tomorrow

Meet up at Shorty's was actually good so gg

Kard8p3

awww i never got to meet t swift

unless i did i dunno

did you stop throwing up kard

Ya I felt ok other than my whole body hurting yesterday, bought some flu medicine on the way there and it seemed to help. Today I felt normal except for my legs being tired Lmao. Seattle is huge.

Ty for asking

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
212 is a shit section go lower jesus
Post where u fuckin sit tomorrow

Meet up at Shorty's was actually good so gg

dude 212 is the most legit spot, perfect view of the top screen, nice view of the middle screen.

at the bottom u just get crammed in with a bunch of dudes, all u see is tobi's ass otherwise ur like 5000000 ft away from the main screen

anyway we prob be at 212 again tomorrow, at least some of us, tswift pcd out and gofu might not come (idk), the depression is real and fukk i missed another meetup should have another one tomorrow ez

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
kirby bro where u been i wanna meet u come up to section 212 tomorrow for like 1 min at least

I can try and stop by, I'm going to hit up the shop first thing in the morning so not sure when I'll be able to show up. Why you guys all the way up there though?

And don't try to say your noise bleed section is the best seats in the house when you have experienced the majesty of the floor.

Here is a dev board post on that autograph bug, Volvo plz fix, I want my Bounch autograph.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The current meta rewards this style of 5 man retard push. We've seen plenty of complaints about it on here but that's just where the meta is at.

I don't blame VG for playing that way, it's successful and there's a shitton of money on the line. But that style of play does not make for exciting games from a viewer's perspective, in my opinion, and many obviously agree.

These Chinese teams are unpopular because they play insanely safe and it's not interesting to watch. Tomorrow will be more Razor, Shaman, Furion, Brew, etc. Pretty confident the hero pool between all five games doesn't crack 20 heroes.

People traditionally like teams like Navi and C9 etc. because they will do unconventional drafts that work. These Chinese teams don't, and won't. Congrats to them as they clearly outplayed everyone and won a lot of money. But I don't know how it's so confusing to some that people don't enjoy it.

no... just no... This is why dota is an awesome game, an evolving meta. Months ago, EG helped usher in this greed meta of naga mids, offlane void, etc... just cores everywhere even as your 5 support (i.e. wraith king, mirana). The strategy these Chinese teams came up with to crush this shit, is... 5 man push. Crush one of the main cores with a lane molester like venomancer and then push before these heroes can get items and go late game.

Adapt or lose. EG failed to adapt. Alliance failed to adapt. Navi failed to adapt. Dota is all about adapting and coming up with new strategies, and this time around, the two best teams, Newbee and VG, won out and outplayed the rest (all having to struggle through the group stages and win a shiiiit ton of bo3's against the best teams).

Sorry that every match can't be pure team deathmatch and press R to win. Tide/enigma don't automatically win every game. People seem to have a thing against strategic dota and killing buildings...which is what the entire game is about rofl. You get too greedy with your drafts, you get punished for it, and VG figured out the perfect way to punish all these greedy ass teams. "guys china is so boring just farm for 80 minutes." "guys split push is so dumb." "guys wtf china is winning games in 20 minutes so dumb even i can do it and i am 2k mmr." Literally won't be happy until the game becomes wtf mode with everyone zapping each other with spam lina ultimates.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Why are people acting like there isn't a core group of heroes played every. single. TI? Some people blow up when their team loses, holy shit.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Why are people acting like there isn't a core group of heroes played every. single. TI? Some people blow up when their team loses, holy shit.

nostalgia

"Next year we'll be like "shit remember when void and skywrath were fp material? Remember when only 8-9 heroes were left unpicked? Remember when lycan was the only true first ban? Remember when games were shorter and action packed? TI4 was so awesome! Now we're just back to antimage and cancer..."

Nymerio

no... just no... This is why dota is an awesome game, an evolving meta. Months ago, EG helped usher in this greed meta of naga mids, offlane void, etc... just cores everywhere even as your 5 support (i.e. wraith king, mirana). The strategy these Chinese teams came up with to crush this shit, is... 5 man push. Crush one of the main cores with a lane molester like venomancer and then push before these heroes can get items and go late game.

Adapt or lose. EG failed to adapt. Alliance failed to adapt. Navi failed to adapt. Dota is all about adapting and coming up with new strategies, and this time around, the two best teams, Newbee and VG, won out and outplayed the rest (all having to struggle through the group stages and win a shiiiit ton of bo3's against the best teams).

Sorry that every match can't be pure team deathmatch and press R to win. Tide/enigma don't automatically win every game. People seem to have a thing against strategic dota and killing buildings...which is what the entire game is about rofl. You get too greedy with your drafts, you get punished for it, and VG figured out the perfect way to punish all these greedy ass teams. "guys china is so boring just farm for 80 minutes." "guys split push is so dumb." "guys wtf china is winning games in 20 minutes so dumb even i can do it and i am 2k mmr." Literally won't be happy until the game becomes wtf mode with everyone zapping each other with spam lina ultimates.

This has been the most frustrating thing about this TI. Lots of teams that are individually very skilled but don't seem to be able to adapt. Alliance is a really example for this in my opinion.

I don't dislike any particular meta, be it the death ball, ultra greed or rat meta, though I find that rat seems to lead to the most exciting games.

A question though: I can see that the 5 man deathball push is the answer to the ultra greedy 4/5 core drafts, but what's the answer to the deathball? Good anti push seems logical. Other than that? Fast split push to push lanes while you try to hold off the death ball?

Razzer

This has been the most frustrating thing about this TI. Lots of teams that are individually very skilled but don't seem to be able to adapt. Alliance is a really example for this in my opinion.

I don't dislike any particular meta, be it the death ball, ultra greed or rat meta, though I find that rat seems to lead to the most exciting games.

A question though: I can see that the 5 man deathball push is the answer to the ultra greedy 4/5 core drafts, but what's the answer to the deathball? Good anti push seems logical. Other than that? Fast split push to push lanes while you try to hold off the death ball?

Interestingly, the one western team that appeared to have VG's number to an extent, was C9. Hell, if they hadn't thrown away game 3 with that Rosh their draft looked promising. So i think looking at their games would be a good place to start.

The one thing I notice immediately is that Meepo seems to be a great pick. If you can hold long enough for him to get aghs blink for the high ground push he destroys.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'm not sure what the answer is, but I'd expect IceFrog to nerf a bunch of heroes and change things up again. Then people will have something else to complain about.

shira

Interestingly, the one western team that appeared to have VG's number to an extent, was C9. Hell, if they hadn't thrown away game 3 with that Rosh their draft looked promising. So i think looking at their games would be a good place to start.

The one thing I notice immediately is that Meepo seems to be a great pick. If you can hold long enough for him to get aghs blink for the high ground push he destroys.
Black got an offer from a western team. Kick EE win TI5

Sibylus

Banned
I think buyback is getting another nerf.
By which you mean, Necrophos is getting another buyback counter mechanic.

Emoticon_wink.gif

I am rooting for VG but damn it, not having DK in the finals is such a disappointment because their ganking is always fun to watch.

Unfortunately they couldn't find a way to stop VG and Newbees style of play for the last few months. They wouldn't have won against Newbee.

Kinda dissapointed they didn't add LC,ES,Brood,Phoenix and TB in the CM Pool before ti... Would love to see how they play in a competitive environment especially Phoenix,LC And ES but oh well

Falk

that puzzling face
People would find fifteen ways to break broodmother.

If anything it should be added to the competitive pool after TI just so that some practical competitive data can start coming in.

Agree with LC/Earth Spirit though.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know exactly how many hours until the grand final starts?

Wanna know what time to get up in Australia.

If you are watching the games via Dota 2 client (the game itelf), then you can check the events page under Live Games and see what time the games starts for the applicable date.

The time displayed that the 'Event' page is localized.

Dmax3901

If you are watching the games via Dota 2 client (the game itelf), then you can check the events page under Live Games and see what time the games starts for the applicable date.

The time displayed that the 'Event' page is localized.

Three AM :(

Would that be when the stream starts or when the games actually start?

Messiah

Rotk has a ton of charisma. He is gonna have a lot more fans (me included) after this TI.

Yes. Also that swing of the mood in the interview hit me hard :\
Feels good seeing the respect and comradship between the players though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bcF0NzxZcw&list=PLxkyNsoBqOdC8gYnOXhiSh772KHJNtCB4

Lumi's interview is pretty good. His shoutouts seem to indicate he has a lot of perspective.
I really like Hot_Bid's interviews, honestly.

dmshaposv

At first i didnt like hot_bid's interview because I felt he digressed from important dota talk to random stuff - but the way he eases the interviewee and is able to not make things awkward is what makes him good. Most of these players are cocky/socially awkward/rebel kids who he seems to handle well.

Its what makes kaci so great too. She becomes relatable and immediately likeable for the interviewee to open upto.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wondering if I should sleep for a few hours then wake up for a few hours to watch, or go to a bar tomorrow evening, hope not to get spoiled and watch it there. Or just screw both, because I'm getting sick of DotA in general.

I don't whether u should buy, since the dumbass community voted to change his model.

Void's design is the best hero design in the game. Inspired by Guillermo Del Toro's trademark style.

Fucking nerds didn't get it.

pans_labyrinth_05_large.jpg

enjoy your face-full void. He'll look stupid with eyes.

Relax the hero is called faceless void he can't have a face and eyes. They'll just make him look more badass.

I am sure this thread is mainly busy with the big eSports thing thats going on right now, but I've got a quick question to throw out there. Just want to see how some people respond because I imagine at least some of you had to deal with this situation.

Here is my question. How do you deal with constantly losing. Losing not because you played poorly but because your team just wasn't good enough. There isn't much of a skill difference between you and the opposing team, not enough to really matter anyway. Sometimes things go their way, sometimes it goes in your favor. Its even enough that its not one-sided in their or your favor. However some members of your team just drag everything down. Maybe they aren't taking things as seriously, maybe they made the wrong pick at the start, maybe they are just not good enough.

tl:dr So how do you deal with giving a solid performance and yet constantly losing because your team is handicapped by players that aren't on the same skill level or are just not playing as well as the other team.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I think about how I played and what I did right and wrong and how I could improve. No point in getting upset over a loss.

ksan

You have to look over a large number of games, there is no way witchcraft is giving you the slightly worse player constantly, it balances out.
So, playing your best every game is the best way to win, your performance is a significant portion of your team's performance, so it will help. Obviously you will get your share of games with both idiots and those who just happen to underperform that particular game, but it's not gonna help to start playing worse than your best.

pompidu

I am sure this thread is mainly busy with the big eSports thing thats going on right now, but I've got a quick question to throw out there. Just want to see how some people respond because I imagine at least some of you had to deal with this situation.

Here is my question. How do you deal with constantly losing. Losing not because you played poorly but because your team just wasn't good enough. There isn't much of a skill difference between you and the opposing team, not enough to really matter anyway. Sometimes things go their way, sometimes it goes in your favor. Its even enough that its not one-sided in their or your favor. However some members of your team just drag everything down. Maybe they aren't taking things as seriously, maybe they made the wrong pick at the start, maybe they are just not good enough.

tl:dr So how do you deal with giving a solid performance and yet constantly losing because your team is handicapped by players that aren't on the same skill level or are just not playing as well as the other team.

If your playing with rando's, I suggest being the leader and calling the shots. I've noticed if your nice and forgiving, people tend to start listening. Give advice! Tell your teammates what they shoulda done, but BE NICE about it! People are more receptive to positivity and learn better with a good leader.

Top Bottom