• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

I can't push alone though. If my whole team stays back, and I go alone, I end up getting raped 5vs1.

It can only work in split push scenarios.
Shadow Blade is a really good item on DK. It will allow you to rat, just don't be super obvious were are you going invis.

Why did the qualifier prediction close earlier than everything else? Didn't want to lock in on CIS until I knew if they were coming and now the prediction is closed.

Arkanius

Shadow Blade is a really good item on DK. It will allow you to rat, just don't be super obvious were are you going invis.

To go SB I have to forego other items.

I usually go -> Soul Ring -> Treads -> Magic Wand -> Helm of Dominator -> Armlet -> Mjollnir -> AC -> Satanic.

Scrap Armlet and go SB?

I really feel there might be some hidden potential here, but DK is a melee range hero that shines with his ultimate that is long range. It really messes up the paths he can take.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At what time does the stream start? Can we get a countdown in here?

Well, the first game officially starts at 12PM EST, so in just under 24 hours. I would assume the stream starts anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours before.

I have found a single tournament actually going on, the GG Leauge seems to be European B Team fighting it out. Watch as two teams you have never heard of compete to win $1000 USD:
http://www.twitch.tv/adekvat

Pratfall

To go SB I have to forego other items.

I usually go -> Soul Ring -> Treads -> Magic Wand -> Helm of Dominator -> Armlet -> Mjollnir -> AC -> Satanic.

Scrap Armlet and go SB?

I really feel there might be some hidden potential here, but DK is a melee range hero that shines with his ultimate that is long range. It really messes up the paths he can take.

I think it really depends on the communication from your teammates and your team comp. If you think you can motivate your team to group up for pushes every time your ult is up, I like to go bottle>treads>drums>armlet since it gives you nice sustain and good pushing power.

If it feels like you need to be more of a ganker/split pusher, SB is good. If you ult, then SB, you can do your first ranged attack with the bonus damage, immediately stun, get a few more hits and then breath fire. Should be enough to kill squishy things.

But yeah, DK can build a lot of stuff and I think it is very match dependent.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Omni sucks as a support. Farming Omni is pretty fun and can do a lot of damage with some levels/points in degen. People underestimate his kill potential. A fun hero that is a support that relies on helping teammates is Abaddon. If people don't kill you you can pretty much keep your team in the game.

Oh man fuck Abbadon, I swear whenever I see him in a game. He's not overpowered or anything, that shield is just so relentlessly annoying. Better than Tree armor IMO, at least when it comes to fights

Hylian7

looking at last nights bb game and realize what a weird abaddon build this was

http://dotabuff.com/matches/762539603

am I right in thinking that activating blademail during ult is super counterintuitive?
Exactly, it is. I saw a Blademail Witch Doctor last night. Made no sense.

Also I tested something last night that bothered me for a while. What happens if Bloodseeker kills a Necrodude when his HP is lower than the last will damage. The answer? He still dies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Second roll of Earth Spirit for my daily hero. The Dota gods hate meeeeeeeeeeeee

Farming omni is the beeest. If you get snowballing it's great. You kinda have to get kills in your lane though, not that it's hard to do with one stun and purification.

Pick up an orb of venom and lots of levels of your passive and no one is getting away unless your name is dark seer or centaur.

Quesa

Second roll of Earth Spirit for my daily hero. The Dota gods hate meeeeeeeeeeeee

I picked him as my favorite so I just hate myself.

Try to get a solo offlane, but if you can't, dual lane with a stun. If you're solo, harass with your shit until you get 6 and you should be able to get a kill. If you're dual, roll/pull during roll/push should set up an easy kill if your partner can follow up. Pray no one buys bkb.

Hylian7

I picked him as my favorite so I just hate myself.

Try to get a solo offlane, but if you can't, dual lane with a stun. If you're solo, harass with your shit until you get 6 and you should be able to get a kill. If you're dual, roll/pull during roll/push should set up an easy kill if your partner can follow up. Pray no one buys bkb.
Yeah, solo offlane is great. Try to get it where you can drop a rock in front of yourself, kick, pull, roll.

Also don't forget you can cast kick or pull on the ground. These will grab the nearest rock if one is in range. You can use this on rocks in the fog too, which is really useful to conserve rocks.

manfestival

Farming omni is the beeest. If you get snowballing it's great. You kinda have to get kills in your lane though, not that it's hard to do with one stun and purification.

Pick up an orb of venom and lots of levels of your passive and no one is getting away unless your name is dark seer or centaur.

mek and scepter on omni is pretty much gg

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Oh man fuck Abbadon, I swear whenever I see him in a game. He's not overpowered or anything, that shield is just so relentlessly annoying. Better than Tree armor IMO, at least when it comes to fights

The fact that it removes debuffs makes him incredible at saving teammates. I recently played a game where I nullified the enemy storm spirit - shield whoever he orchid/pulled and then force staff them away. Abaddon is a lot of fun to play.

Epix

Are battle points bugged? Seems like I end every game with 0 points in the level before my points are added in.

shira

Br9S4S3CcAARM7z.jpg

Casterschedule

elyetis

So I played Dota 2 and it's Tinker and Invoker every game. When will this end?
I feel like 6.81b helped a little with Invoker.

But Tinker is really becoming the new trend at my level, I call it the hylian7 syndrome. With some luck it will end up the same way that syndrome ended last time with earth spirit. A nerf to the ground.

Top Bottom