• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Reckoner

Sand King is the best hero in this game

I recently tried him again and was nuking like there was no tomorrow. Once you know when to channel his ult, combo with invisibility, stun, etc. he becomes such a killing machine. He is awesome. At my first try I didn't like him, but now it's great. Probably it was because I wasn't used to melee heroes like I am now.

Ketch

I was going to put this on the spreadsheet, but couldn't find the link again so I guess I'll just bring it up now. I'm bringing a car to TI. I want to throw some Gaffers in the back and check out the sites during the down time, space needle and shit, everybody is welcome but I can only fit 4 at a time. If we do a big GAF meet up I'll even
doubledamage.gif
But no drugs or alcohol in the car! Damn kids.
rage.gif

sephi22

I recently tried him again and was nuking like there was no tomorrow. Once you know when to channel his ult, combo with invisibility, stun, etc. he becomes such a killing machine. He is awesome. At my first try I didn't like him, but now it's great. Probably it was because I wasn't used to melee heroes like I am now.

Same.
I started playing dota 2 a year ago and till the last 2 months, I only won 4/13 matches as Sand King.

But I played him 11 more times in the last 2 months and won 7/11 matches. The hero just clicks now. Also the improved sandstorm jungling helps. Once you get a blink you just feel unstoppable. See a hero full screen away? No problem. On my way in 4 seconds to stun his ass.

shira

Time wise I'm not free until a little later to night. I'm on mobile, hence no gifs.

Also I'm hoping it gives some time for people that wanted to do a write up to finnish

Quesa

I feel like I suddenly dropped 500 mmr or something

http://dotabuff.com/matches/764248497

no courier till like 10 minutes in since skywrath bought it and dropped it in base, legion tried to manmode me while under the coil twice, and omni casted his w on me once. Maybe this pudge and I shoulda not been on the same team but some of the stuff both sides did felt brain dead.

Tidehunter offlane is so good, hero kind of bored me when played as support but as an offlaner who can do ancients and get an early blink, refresher he's insanely fun

Acinixys

Fuck this game im not playing till after TI4

Cant believe the horrible games/luck ive been having. This what Hylian must feel like when he moans about total shitters ruining every game

3FnePIw.png

2ITZdFL.png

MVP Phoenix

Nvo4d49.jpg

ryJg9fG.png
Park "March" Tae Won (Captain) / Carry
ryJg9fG.png
Kim "QO" Seon Yeob / Mid
ryJg9fG.png
Lee "Forev" Sang Don / Offlane
ryJg9fG.png
Lee "Reisen" Jun Yeong / Support
ryJg9fG.png
Lee "Heen" Seung Gon / Support

International Record:
First time!

Recent results
3rd place in Nexon Sponsorship League Season 1
1st place in Nexon Sponsorship League Season 2
2nd place in Korean Dota League Season 1
7th/8th place in Star Ladder Star Series Season 9

Known heroes they play:
March: Doom, Death Prophet
QO: Templar Assassin, Queen of Pain , Storm Spirit, Slark
Forev: Batrider, Ember Spirit, Nature's Prophet
Reisen: Visage, Jakiro, Rubick
Heen: Shadow Shaman, Treant Protector

First off you have to understand where Korea is in the Dota 2 world. In almost all other major digital sports (Starcraft, BW and 2, LoL) South Korea is king. They are nearly nonexistent in Dota 2. Why? Who knows. Whole other topic. Anyway long story short Korea got into Dota 2 around a year and a half ago. The scene there was hilarious. Everything was insane and crazy and fun picks everywhere. It was fun, but it wasn't really... actual Dota. The scene was such a joke that a bunch of westerners (Team Zephyr) flew over just to get the easy paycheck from the tournaments. Now they were adamant that they were essentially kickstarting the scene there and giving them real competition to go up against and actually get better to. Well they might have been right and MVP Phoenix is the first real result of that.

They would get beaten by Team Zephyr in the biggest Korean tournament to date, but then a few months later would qualify to play in Starladder IX (a large global tournament). The crazy thing was they didn't look half bad. They still lost all their games, but they put up actual fights with three of the best teams in the world in their bracket. Everyone came away pretty impressed. Fast forward to The International South East qualifiers and they end up 2nd place there (beating Zephyr handily) and again surprising a lot of people.

So MVP Phoenix has to get through the first playoff stage. It's going to be tough, but they can probably do it. They're known for their fun and creative drafts (whether they're actually creative or just making stuff up as they go because of inexperience no one knows, but it's more fun to imagine) and intense pushing line ups. One more thing to keep in mind is that we haven't really seen them (outside of a few show matches here and there) for a few weeks now. With that famous Korean work regiment who knows what we'll see out of them in their first matches. It'll be exciting to say the least. They're my dark horse favorite to surprise everyone this year. Maybe it's just the beginning of our future Korean Dota overlords.

Any thoughts? I used Heavy's format because I liked the look of it so thanks Heavy's Sandwich!

Chris R

tide is an offlaner...

Tell that to the team who picks 4 carries with me locking in Tide ASAP then :<

But that is the life of the solo queue, if I pick anything that isn't ultra hard carry I tend to be the one buying the courier/upgrade and wards :|

Atlantis

tide is an offlaner...

So?

He commonly ends up supporting either because he's the closest thing to a five the team drafts or the lanes end up 2-1-2.

Trench is trench is trench.

But that is the life of the solo queue, if I pick anything that isn't ultra hard carry I tend to be the one buying the courier/upgrade and wards :|

I posted my record with an iconic support Tusk earlier in the thread, it was such a mess.

TUSR

Banned
regardless of what you guys say tide as a support is dumb as fuck, shitty trench players with 5x my games should even know this

Tell that to the team who picks 4 carries with me locking in Tide ASAP then :<

Switch it up and play CM, you will spend more time in queue and drafting but its worth it to get out of the trench

Zeth

Guys please explain what happened - for those who aren't part of the club.

Did Travdood, the guy who streams, beat Procarbine, a well-regarded SS player 1v1 mid?

Top Bottom