• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

ElyrionX

I seriously don't get digital autographs. I mean, real-life autographs are useless enough as it is but I can see why people would want them. But digital autographs? Wtf. Why do people even want them? They're just meaningless code attached to your item. Your favourite Dota personality had nothing to do with that code. He/she didn't sit down at a computer to type that line of code that ended up gracing your item. It makes utterly no sense at all that people would pay for this.

Atlantis

I seriously don't get digital autographs. I mean, real-life autographs are useless enough as it is but I can see why people would want them. But digital autographs? Wtf. Why do people even want them? They're just meaningless code attached to your item. Your favourite Dota personality had nothing to do with that code. He/she didn't sit down at a computer to type that line of code that ended up gracing your item. It makes utterly no sense at all that people would pay for this.

Notice me Kaci-san.

Ketch

I think it will be cool to meet my favorite players at TI, have then sign my badge and then have them scan my badge so I get their autograph in game aswell. But paying for an autograph from someone you didn't meet is pretty dumb.

Razzer

I think it will be cool to meet my favorite players at TI, have then sign my badge and then have them scan my badge so I get their autograph in game aswell. But paying for an autograph from someone you didn't meet is pretty dumb.

I wonder who will be most swamped by fans. I reckon Dendi, RTZ or Singsing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

The old digital versions I got, you had to physically get them from the people. But these you just buy for $1, so they feel worthless to me.

Ketch

I want to get Zai's signature on a wraith king item and IceIceIce signature on the dream league invoker witch hat.

Chris R

Shit sorry, I won't be able to do the GAF House. I misread my email confirmation from the 3rd party hotel booking site. Full refund was up until 6/15 not 7/15 :( I could get most of my money back, but with the GAF House being $500+ per person I'd be coming out a little behind.

Ah, didn't figure you were staying that many days. That's about the going rate.

AirBNB, not Hotels. Like I said I'm staying splitting and paying $35 a night (swap bed/soda, but hot tub!) and it's a direct 25 minute bus to key arena or we take car and it's 10 minutes.

Depends how aggressive you want to price your stay compared to total trip cost (Flight, food, transport). I've done this before a lot and you can find some nice places like I stayed in a super nice area in Portland for $20 a night and had my bed made for me with new sheets. It was 2x bunks, but met a chill local stoner with no money who showed me around, and English kid, and a teacher fleeing the country because our education system is so bad.

I'm just an old man, AirBnB and it's ultra hip ilk scare me :( I don't want to get murdered, so the cheapest "hotel" will do.

I did have an offer from Friends and Family, but I'm not staying in Shoreline without a car and I'd rather not rent a car this trip. Relying totally on public transportation and just chilling purely in downtown will be fun.

Conceptor

Good deals can be had though. (I'm spending $33 a night 1.5mi away from center splitting a sofa/couch w/ Ketch and a hot tub)
We will require pics/stream.

Had an AP pub where we managed to convince the rest of the team to pick a STR Melee hero each and 5 man mid. Was really fun because the other team embraced it and started grouping up too and clashing with us instead of just disconnecting and/or abandoning. The first blood was hilarious (imo).

Match 764592475

ALSO ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ SHIRA GIVE TI4 THREAD ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Chris R

You went Laser Missile and weren't snowballing? Bad idea.

Laser Missile is great in situations where you are snowballing, however that's a call you really have to make early. That's also when it's hardest to make. Laser March is always safest. If you really need the utility of missile, go 1-2-4 by 7.

I should write a guide though. I've heard some of the in-game ones out there have wonky things like Rearm level 2 at 11.
facepalm.gif

I did start to snowball, but then things started to go south. I'll try Laser March tomorrow night though, as I kinda liked it once I got into the grove of blink marching (other than poor blinks that didn't fully protect me in the tree line).

And I only got Rearm 1 at level 11
blush-24.gif

Razzer

I did start to snowball, but then things started to go south. I'll try Laser March tomorrow night though, as I kinda liked it once I got into the grove of blink marching (other than poor blinks that didn't fully protect me in the tree line).

And I only got Rearm 1 at level 11
blush-24.gif

RTZ gets 1 in laser, 2 in rocket then maxes march, incidentally. I believe he starts with 1-1-1.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And I have done it, I have gotten 10 of every single damn player card, and socketed all the Gold Gems into TI4 huds.

This took far more time and a bit more money then I expected, but its done. Gold TI4 Spectator Gem plz vovlo.

PS: Plz give 50000 bonus compendium points for attending.

Aselith

And I have done it, I have gotten 10 of every single damn player card, and socketed all the Gold Gems into TI4 huds.

This took far more time and a bit more money then I expected, but its done. Gold TI4 Spectator Gem plz vovlo.

You get one extra compendium Immortal. Congrats!

Indignate

Just played a game with a kid whose voice indicated that he had not yet hit puberty.

Was so proud that he was communicative and was able to keep up and hold his own as Ogre Magi.

This was right after playing with two stonerbros who took WK and SS down to bottom and just fed the other team. My friend and I held out as WR and VS as long as we could, but there was only so much we could do.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/764520601

Friend did this, not sure how I feel

Be happy for him.

So they're really not going to remake Shadow Fiend until after the International

well poop

Also the Shadow Shaman immortal needs an offhand. It's weird to not have a matching off hand, it's like shipping an Anti-Mage weapon without a matching offhand (and the promo art shows an offhand).

ZeroX03

Banned
you know you can turn off images on the mobile site right?

You know people shouldn't have to turn off images on mobile just because a person decided to make an OT with a shitload of images right? That most OTs have some sort of restraint? The current team descriptions are fine, no need for the compendium copy paste that's on IG. EDIT: Same as how there was no gifs in the first two pages of some of the E3 threads. Just wasn't needed.

dmshaposv

So they're really not going to remake Shadow Fiend until after the International

well poop

Also the Shadow Shaman immortal needs an offhand. It's weird to not have a matching off hand, it's like shipping an Anti-Mage weapon without a matching offhand (and the promo art shows an offhand).

yeah, i think they should've made it a "pack" like the arcs of manta. Just give an item for each hand it looks weird having just one.

I haven't even checked my steam yet (at work) but this new set of immortals feels very rushed. Why didn't they just wait till the main event and release then?

You know people shouldn't have to turn off images on mobile just because a person decided to make an OT with a shitload of images right? That most OTs have some sort of restraint? The current team descriptions are fine, no need for the compendium copy paste that's on IG. EDIT: Same as how there was no gifs in the first two pages of some of the E3 threads. Just wasn't needed.

I honestly don't understand the issue. You advocating the vast majority of us have to suffer a plain thread because you don't want to turn off images when perusing neogaf when on the toilet.

E3 threads arent comparable considering the strain during E3.

The international is big but its not E3 big.

-Snooze-

Banned
I love Queen of Pain but rarely win with her, despite normally doing very well starting in mid and successfully ganking early.

I think I'm perhaps taking farm from the carries, and then failing to make up for it with items to allow me to continue doing well into late game.

The last game I played I approached it a little different being in a tri lane, and maxing out my slow first, to allow others to chase and get the kill... Didn't work at all, so I had to transition to semi carry with a few choice item.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/765060259

Razzer

I love Queen of Pain but rarely win with her, despite normally doing very well starting in mid and successfully ganking early.

I think I'm perhaps taking farm from the carries, and then failing to make up for it with items to allow me to continue doing well into late game.

The last game I played I approached it a little different being in a tri lane, and maxing out my slow first, to allow others to chase and get the kill... Didn't work at all, so I had to transition to semi carry with a few choice item.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/765060259

A heart? Considering QOP is always gonna be squishy and relies on her blink for safety, wouldn't bkb and/or ghost scepter be better?

Edit: I just noticed I got the most Xboct post ever.

Demoli

Linkens is also great on QoP, even if it only blocked fissure it would go a long way.

Skadi is also a better tank item on her.

-Snooze-

Banned
I was going to go Skadi instead of Heart, but had already committed to a desolator, so was in a bit of a corner in that regard. I skipped Linkens cause they pretty much only had one reliable stun in Earthshaker, and I was confident I could avoid that and flee to safety.
Heart was just for the quick regen, so I could flit in and out of battle with enough health to survive Axe's culling blade, and/or a lucky shot from TA

H3xum

Does anyone know:

Will multitwitch channels count towards compendium views/keep you eligible for in-game prizes

Top Bottom