• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Y U NO WAND MUSHI?
facepalm.gif

arab

so do we have some sort of communication medium for all the people going to TI4? i'll be there friday night

Zeth

so do we have some sort of communication medium for all the people going to TI4? i'll be there friday night

You guys should use a (the?) google doc to chat/edit - guess it might be inconvenient to lock it down and distribute a password.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
VIP area is awesone. Been trying to stay away from people hugging me all day though. Got some kind of flu virus in me.

Really happy MVP and liquid are in the finals. I'll have to swing my vote for the winner to be liquid. I think they have a bit more discipline over mvp.

Giff more skywarth :D

jokkir

Dude fuck that game. The ONLY way it could be possibly playable is if they reset your item purchases when they swap your hero.

Yeah, I didn't even know how it worked. I was lagging so I thought my game was going crazy so I ended up reconnecting multiple times. I'm still confused now lol

Quesa

I think its hilarious how sunsfan is way into the games and screams into the mic. Granted I wish I could just mute him

I'm sticking to LD/Synderen for now. The constant changing of casters is understandable, but yeah, not sure how I feel about it. Wish every game could be Purge/Sunsfan in the non-newbie stream.

I dunno yet.

Someone mentioned a whatsapp group or whatever and everyone else uses that I could I suppose. I'm fine with just giving out my number and sending out max texts of "hey some of us are going to X on Y street". Or just posting on gaf.

If anyone has any ideas spit em out.

Quesa

I dunno yet.

Someone mentioned a whatsapp group or whatever and everyone else uses that I could I suppose. I'm fine with just giving out my number and sending out max texts of "hey some of us are going to X on Y street". Or just posting on gaf.

Use kik or line maybe?

Spookie

That's how we organise Eurogamer Expo GAF. Works well for us.

kvk1

Also, don't forget that the guilds will function as their own spectator chat channels inside the game.

We have a nice little brouhaha of our own happening alongside the matches.

Join in!

arab

I dunno yet.

i like the whatsapp idea. already got mine set up for chatting with the ladies overseas. think that would be a good idea

Wok

I am in the trench. Carry players cannot carry even though I try to save them, ward the map, buy dust, let them last hit, let them get the kills, etc. They just do not know how to push, and they do not know they have to save for buybacks. The game was an hour long. Although I had a lot of deaths, I managed to suicide 3 or 4 times.

I knew it when I first noticed FV never tries to deny. For info, FV and ES were in a 2-stack.

Wok

Wheres your blink dagger? Also, bloodstone?

Game went bad. Plus, I do not buy blink when people run clueless everywhere on the map, there has to be a kind of team spirit for blink dagger to be an interesting buy. It was pretty obvious the game would go like that: nobody carries a tp or dust, and nobdoy tries to defend towers.

If the game is going bad Bloodstone is probably the worst item you can buy.

Not sure why. The ability to suicide is great.

Anilusion

Game went bad. Plus, I do not buy blink when people run clueless everywhere on the map, there has to be a kind of team spirit for blink dagger to be an interesting buy.

If the game is going bad Bloodstone is probably the worst item you can buy.

inkls

Game went bad. Plus, I do not buy blink when people run clueless everywhere on the map, there has to be a kind of team spirit for blink dagger to be an interesting buy.

What? You buy blink dagger on shadow shaman because of his low movement speed and the range of his abilities. It also helps you run away so you die less. Its core on ss.

FACE

Banned
Game went bad. Plus, I do not buy blink when people run clueless everywhere on the map, there has to be a kind of team spirit for blink dagger to be an interesting buy. It was pretty obvious the game would go like that: nobody carries a tp or dust, and nobdoy tries to defend towers.

...So you bought a bloodstone?

Wok

Okay, what would you buy when you start noticing people go alone without dust and die to Riki all the time (farming jungle, farming ancients, randomly in lanes, etc.)? And when nobody tries to defend towers instead of farming the jungle? Or when nobdoy tries to push a little and suggest instead to go for Roshan although all our lanes are pushed till our T3?

dust/sentry/gem?

Or maybe a sheep stick.

Sheep stick was an option. Dust, I had. It is just I only control one character so I cannot follow 4 people running around the map. I don't think converting arcane boots into boots of travel and bloodstone was a bad idea in this particular context: I can push lanes, and I can tp when needed or suicide in the worst case. We almost got two sets of racks this way. Push with Q, ult when near the racks, and then escape.

Wok

Anyway, fewers items would have been better in this game: my little carry had no buyback.

Aha. You mean clarity, right?

I've played enough Dota that there's nothing for me to learn from the noob cast, but something about hearing the mechanics of Dota verbalized for new players reignites my appreciation for how deep a game it is. Such an great idea from Valve.

It is paradoxical at first read: replace dota2 with chess, and you basically say you know how to play chess, but you like hearing the rules verbalized for new players. I have not listened to the beginner cast, but I hope it is about a bit more than the mechanics.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've played enough Dota that there's nothing for me to learn from the noob cast, but something about hearing the mechanics of Dota verbalized for new players reignites my appreciation for how deep a game it is. Such an great idea from Valve.

Quesa

It's similar to religious reaffirmation -- hearing the information again (in this case, facts about dota instead of religious experiences) reaffirms your knowledge/experiences and makes you more firm in your belief/interest.

I wrote a paper about this in college

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It's similar to religious reaffirmation -- hearing the information again (in this case, facts about dota instead of religious experiences) reaffirms your knowledge/experiences and makes you more firm in your belief/interest.

I wrote a paper about this in college

That's pretty heavy bro. I think maybe yeah, I guess subconsciously I'm hoping there's some LoL diehards out there watching the noobcast thinking about how much greener our grass is.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I am in the trench. Carry players cannot carry even though I try to save them, ward the map, buy dust, let them last hit, let them get the kills, etc. They just do not know how to push, and they do not know they have to save for buybacks. The game was an hour long. Although I had a lot of deaths, I managed to suicide 3 or 4 times.

I knew it when I first noticed FV never tries to deny. For info, FV and ES were in a 2-stack.
Build Blink and Refresher instead of BloodStone. Blink hex is instant, Refresher lets you take rax or throne by yourself.
Ember built Heart... lol
Void no BKB

Bad itemization = loss

Renoir

I dont know if this been said looked a couple page back didnt see anything.
My twitch is linked to my steam. I watch the games. But when i logged on DOta just now, i dont see anything that says i watch 2 games.

Build Blink and Refresher instead of BloodStone. Blink hex is instant, Refresher lets you take rax or throne by yourself.
Ember built Heart... lol
Void no BKB

Bad itemization = loss

What would a BKB really accomplish against that lineup? The only disable they had was BM's Roar which goes through magic immunity anyway, there's the sheep but if he was farming that well he should have never been dying in a single Hex. TB is all physical, DP should have been chrono'd on sight, and Riki and BM had bashers which goes through magic immunity. I think the biggest issue was honestly with Shadow Shaman. Bloodstone/Agh's is not useful against anyone. Bloodstone is only really helpful when you're pressing an advantage and can rack up charges. Blink/Refresher is definitely the better option, or a Scythe for more lockdown since they had 0 BKB's.

HoT on Ember is indefensible.

BigAT

I dont know if this been said looked a couple page back didnt see anything.
My twitch is linked to my steam. I watch the games. But when i logged on DOta just now, i dont see anything that says i watch 2 games.

I'm pretty sure someone on the administrative side has to link the actual Twitch stream accounts to Dota in order for that stuff to work, which they have been pretty bad about doing at times. Pretty sure it's out of your hands.

Top Bottom