• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Renoir

ok.. I guess i got to watch in the client.
Wich i noticed worked so far as i got an immortal box(the one with the travel boots for tinker)
but now i cant just listen to the stream thouhg..if i mnimize the client the sound go away :/

Chris R

Would "Same Heroes" or some kind of mode where both sides are able to draft from the entire hero pool be fun to play? Just getting strange ideas here watching the 1v1 mids...

sixghost

What would a BKB really accomplish against that lineup? The only disable they had was BM's Roar which goes through magic immunity anyway, there's the sheep but if he was farming that well he should have never been dying in a single Hex. TB is all physical, DP should have been chrono'd on sight, and Riki and BM had bashers which goes through magic immunity. I think the biggest issue was honestly with Shadow Shaman. Bloodstone/Agh's is not useful against anyone. Bloodstone is only really helpful when you're pressing an advantage and can rack up charges. Blink/Refresher is definitely the better option, or a Scythe for more lockdown since they had 0 BKB's.

HoT on Ember is indefensible.

I don't think BKB is a bad item against a team with two good silences. A good Riki can give a void tons of trouble.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It was more for Riki miss chance but he has MKB actually so scratch that. Refresher probably best choice.

Acinixys

Would "Same Heroes" or some kind of mode where both sides are able to draft from the entire hero pool be fun to play? Just getting strange ideas here watching the 1v1 mids...

Every game would be Mirana, Invoker, Pudge, Void and a support vs Mirana, Invoker, Pudge, Void and a support

dorkimoe

no

just what we need, 2 pudges, 2 natures prophets, 2 tinkers

Kioshen

AsiaAmore stream is so great guys

donation war going on , $500 in the last 30 minutes

crazy.gif
facepalm.gif

Barrier Shard Axe out of the drop system!

It's effectively an immortal now

Also gone:
Vestaments of the Ten Plagues
Forest Hermit
Master Weaver
Watchful Sotdae

Weird to remove items from the drop system right before the International, preventing them from being International tournament items.

Ketch

What do you guys think of vlads on sven? Let me tell you why I like it, and then you tell me why it's bad.

The components are cheap and work well with him in lane. Pick up a quick basi and you've got like 7 armor and 70 base damage at lvl 2. A fast wand and ring of regen gives you a ton of sustain and probably a second storm hammer for securing a kill. It also synergizes really well with his armor buff and cleave, letting you push an early tower if you get left alone. It's kind of a like a half way item between afk farming sven and support sven, making you useful earlier without hurting your farm. Eventually you'd probably want to sell it for a heart or satanic or something but I think it's pretty good all the way up until then.

yes no maybe?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I saw her stream her birthday

there was no dota

still 600 viewers

why

fLNU9VN.jpg

I would think it was readily apparent by now that the userbase of Twitch is at least 90% disgusting horny teens. Still bugs me every time I see all the spam directed at Sheever every time she's on screen.

I saw her stream her birthday

there was no dota

still 600 viewers

why

Because perverted men like idolizing a girl who has similar interests. I can't remember who but I saw there was 1 girl streaming regularly with hundreds of viewers, who was mediocre at best with minimal knowledge of the game, but she wore super low cut shirts. I checked her archive, literally hundreds of videos with her wearing the same 2-3 low cut shirts and leaning into the camera.

fLNU9VN.jpg

I would think it was readily apparent by now that the userbase of Twitch is at least 90% disgusting horny teens. Still bugs me every time I see all the spam directed at Sheever every time she's on screen.

Sheever is one of the most respectable women in eSports. The fact that she is a woman is almost never brought up (in the times I've watched her) and she refuses to be the flirty or ditzy girl streaming, while continuing to evolve as a caster and eSports personality.

Quesa

Also gone:
Forest Hermit
Master Weaver
Watchful Sotdae

Weird to remove items from the drop system right before the International, preventing them from being International tournament items.

well the frozen one is like .10 so it can only get more expensive!

I have one, so I hope it gets to be super pricey on the market so I can some cash

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Because perverted men like idolizing a girl who has similar interests. I can't remember who but I saw there was 1 girl streaming regularly with hundreds of viewers, who was mediocre at best with minimal knowledge of the game, but she wore super low cut shirts. I checked her archive, literally hundreds of videos with her wearing the same 2-3 low cut shirts and leaning into the camera.

Sheever is one of the most respectable women in eSports. The fact that she is a woman is almost never brought up (in the times I've watched her) and she refuses to be the flirty or ditzy girl streaming, while continuing to evolve as a caster and eSports personality.

Yeah, that's why I get agitated. Sheever doesn't sell herself the way a lot of girl streamers do. She has actual mods in her channel that don't tolerate "TITS PLZ" from the random twitchtards that wander into her chat. Sucks it's not feasible to moderate that stuff completely out of the main TI4 chats with tens of thousands of viewers because it's really starting to get old and it makes this whole esports thing seems like adolescent frivolity.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Also gone:
Forest Hermit
Master Weaver
Watchful Sotdae

I think the system that rotates items is mostly automated, and simply updates when the game is updated.

sixghost

What do you guys think of vlads on sven? Let me tell you why I like it, and then you tell me why it's bad.

The components are cheap and work well with him in lane. Pick up a quick basi and you've got like 7 armor and 70 base damage at lvl 2. A fast wand and ring of regen gives you a ton of sustain and probably a second storm hammer for securing a kill. It also synergizes really well with his armor buff and cleave, letting you push an early tower if you get left alone. It's kind of a like a half way item between afk farming sven and support sven, making you useful earlier without hurting your farm. Eventually you'd probably want to sell it for a heart or satanic or something but I think it's pretty good all the way up until then.

yes no maybe?

I think the movespeed and attack speed from MoM helps Sven more than the armor and damage from vlads. He already gets a bunch of armor from war cry.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
it makes this whole esports thing seems like adolescent frivolity.

What exactly do you think would happen if soccer, basketball, or women's tennis was broadcast on twitch? Exact same shit. The game itself has nothing to do with it IMO.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

yes no maybe?
Your job is as soon as you hit the point where you dont die instantly you kill everyone super fast. Vlads does not front load this damage or give base damage to help scale. MoM gives lifesteal. Warcry gives you armor already and with MoM you can go derp speed.

Goal is to just swipe swipe swipe crit kill everyone in 1 second. Vlads doesn't get you there.

Reckoner

ok.. I guess i got to watch in the client.
Wich i noticed worked so far as i got an immortal box(the one with the travel boots for tinker)
but now i cant just listen to the stream thouhg..if i mnimize the client the sound go away :/

What? I had my Dota 2 opened to watch the stream all day and all I got was some player card packs.
sad.gif

Ketch

Hmm. thanks for the thoughts. Yea I probably agree that MoM is better.... but I've never been comfortable picking that item up. the +30% damage would probably just get me killed more often then not.

Hylian7

Facts about this game: http://dotabuff.com/matches/766035595

#1 - I kind of played like shit. I dunno what it was, just a fluke, but wasn't my best.
#2 - If Void would have listened to me and bought a Diffusal, we would have won. It removes Repel and Guardian Angel. Instead he insisted on buying that Daedalus instead of Diffusal. GG.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
LOL i can't believe Ketch was trying to sell people on vlad with Sven, that's worse that his armlet idea which in hindsight is kinda okay maybe but vlads?! You know what else can you get with the same amount of monet that a vlad costs? FUCKING DRUMS, actually drums is cheaper than vlads so i rest my case gaf, please return Ketch to the crazy dota 2 theory crafting ward in Iowa.

Yes i only posted to berate Ketch for his crazy ideas.

blamite

It's not possible to watch the playoffs in-game with the analyst desk between games, is it? Or having them just run back-to back without having to manually start each game? I was watching all day on Twitch today but I'd like to get some credit for it :p

Anilusion

It's not possible to watch the playoffs in-game with the analyst desk between games, is it? Or having them just run back-to back without having to manually start each game? I was watching all day on Twitch today but I'd like to get some credit for it :p

You cannot watch the analyst desk in game, no. You could just leave the game running in the background with autojoin on though if you only want items.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It looks like Valve is seriously trying to make it so you can watch the Live Stream in Client. I wonder if they can make it work before the main event.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If you want mana on Sven, go Arcane Boots.

Trust me, it works. Especially if you can get a fast Blink to compliment it.

BHK3

Banned

Have you ever watched her stream? She's a rager dude, it's amazing.

Mohasus

LOL i can't believe Ketch was trying to sell people on vlad with Sven, that's worse that his armlet idea which in hindsight is kinda okay maybe but vlads?! You know what else can you get with the same amount of monet that a vlad costs? FUCKING DRUMS, actually drums is cheaper than vlads so i rest my case gaf, please return Ketch to the crazy dota 2 theory crafting ward in Iowa.

Armlet on sven is legit, you are embarrassing yourself.

bbd23

just lost a game because venge on our team was griefing. feeding couriers all game and flamed the team since the fucking horn. im done playing this game until TI is over.

Facts about this game: http://dotabuff.com/matches/766035595

#1 - I kind of played like shit. I dunno what it was, just a fluke, but wasn't my best.
#2 - If Void would have listened to me and bought a Diffusal, we would have won. It removes Repel and Guardian Angel. Instead he insisted on buying that Daedalus instead of Diffusal. GG.

I doubt Diffusal would have helped considering they also had Dazzle. He could have used a BKB though.

Have you ever watched her stream? She's a rager dude, it's amazing.

That's a new thing actually. She only recently has become a rageaholic in games she streams. It's like watching as she slowly becomes a more competent player she gets more angry about incompetence.

just lost a game because venge on our team was griefing. feeding couriers all game and flamed the team since the fucking horn. im done playing this game until TI is over.

meh. those people will still be playing when you start up again. luck of the random teammate draw bro.

Ketch

But drums don't give you life steal NOOB. YOU NEED LIFE STEAL SO YOU CAN ARMLET!

Top Bottom