• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

The pubstomp listings page is so messed up this year. There's a bunch of stuff listed under countries that don't exist or are just plain wrong. Russian listings under United States
Kappa
, a country called Austrilia, multiple Perus, etc. I went to one last year and it was pretty cool even though the actual setup they had kinda sucked (they streamed the game through a crappy laptop with the lowest graphic settings or something.) Anyways, I only see one place around my area... hope more pop up and they get this all sorted out. Seems like the pubstomp stuff was really late this year.
I'm assuming they just published it as they received it in their forms, so just blame the Peruvians, Russians, and Australians.

This 'daily hero' compendium challenge crap is such a pisspoor idea

People picking heroes that don't fit in your team's lineup at all or that are shit against the enemy team/strategy...
They know they're going to lose but they pick it anyhow

fallagin

This 'daily hero' compendium challenge crap is such a pisspoor idea

People picking heroes that don't fit in your team's lineup at all or that are shit against the enemy team/strategy...
They know they're going to lose but they pick it anyhow

Yeah, I did it for a while, but then I realized that it is kind of dumb to do these challenges without any foresight.

abunai

It was improved, I only had issues maybe 15% of the time today. Commentary still occasionally sounds like it is coming through a 50p microphone and being uploaded by a 28k router. Analyst desk audio was 100% fine today, whereas yesterday it sounded the same as in-game commentary.

Ketch

So I won an actual match with vlads sven. vlads, armlet, bkb, blink deadelus. 9/4/7.... best build confirmed. totally vindicated.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How was day two for you chaps at home? Did they sort out most of the issues from the first day?

Its better, though for one of the streams there was no in game audio, but I think it was a single game thing. A few of the casters seemed to have worse then normal camera control.

In game, its a bit poor. All the effects seem to be delayed half a second, which is annoying.

Watching dota 2 through the client wasn't a good experience, their mics kept cutting out all the time, along with slight jumpiness in gameplay, sometimes their mics would sound broken. playing a match with the tornament on was also a bad idea, people complaining of not seeing projectiles and 2 people on their team and me and someone else d/ced at the exact same time, failing to reconnect several times before getting back on for 5 minutes then we all d/ced again. then it said the game wouldn't count but still shows loss. Hopefully it improves

What are your opinions on the top teams after the 2nd day?

Did Cloud9/NAR just get to the top because they bested mediocre teams?
Will they go down after the 3rd and 4th day?

Team Liquid looks very solid though defeating favorites DK, EG and Newbee.

I've put in about 160 hours now and I finally feel like I have a grasp on what I'm doing. That being said playing with random people who don't communicate is killing me. No one ever wants to stick together. They just all run off to try and play hero and just end up feeding the other team. So much rage.

If anyone wants to play, add me. Please. I can't take the random team mates anymore. Steam link is in my profile.

abunai

What are your opinions on the top teams after the 2nd day?

Did Cloud9/NAR just get to the top because they bested mediocre teams?
Will they go down after the 3rd and 4th day?

Team Liquid looks very solid though defeating favorites DK, EG and Newbee.

I was gonna say, for example Alliance, will maybe come back stronger over the next few days because today they had DK/NB/IG today. So subsequent days might be easier for them.

But, the thing that trumps that logic is that these are all bo1's and anything's gonna happen. After seeing how even things panned out with east vs west etc, it wouldn't surprise me to see a few big teams going home earlier than expected.

I'd still expect Alliance to improve (even somewhat) after some analysis of their day, they aren't awful and can overcome.

Reckoner

Second time playing with Puck and I don't usually mid, but this was funny. That lucky first kill and then Lina just raged through the whole game. Can't blame her for that, though.
cheeky.gif

SamVimes

I was gonna say, for example Alliance, will maybe come back stronger over the next few days because today they had DK/NB/IG today. So subsequent days might be easier for them.

But, the thing that trumps that logic is that these are all bo1's and anything's gonna happen. After seeing how even things panned out with east vs west etc, it wouldn't surprise me to see a few big teams going home earlier than expected.

I'd still expect Alliance to improve (even somewhat) after some analysis of their day, they aren't awful and can overcome.

They lost against titan too, 1-4 when the only win is against the worst team in the tournament is really ugly at this point.

MadGear

Any of yesterdays matches that are worth rewatching? Missed a couple of them because I wanted to play a "short" round of Divinity Original Sin ... and guess how that turned out :D

Hayvic

Second time playing with Puck and I don't usually mid, but this was funny. That lucky first kill and then Lina just raged through the whole game. Can't blame her for that, though.
cheeky.gif

Well done. A little thing I noticed: you should use your bottle while in fountain so you regen faster and can get back into the fray sooner.

I feel your pain.

Happy that Fnatic are overachieving (my estimations) anyway. Also what is with these Razor pick ups ? Did like EVERY team realize he was so viable and didn't want to reveal it until TI ?

From what I understand it's because he's a super-safe pick and most teams are opting to play safe because these are BO1s and they are playing some of the most important games of their lives.

Vaporak

How was day two for you chaps at home? Did they sort out most of the issues from the first day?

I haven't been watching most of the games, just catching what I can and watching the vods a little, but the stream is really bad. Literally every few minutes, the stream rewinds a couple of seconds and then continues as normal, creating this weird stutter effect where the commentators get cut off and then immediately repeat themselves. It's even happening on the vods.

Mohasus

I had no problems. Both in game and twitch worked well. Watched mostly zhou (I like his camera control), LD, Merlini and noob (tobi is even more awful this year).

DanSaxon

From what I understand it's because he's a super-safe pick and most teams are opting to play safe because these are BO1s and they are playing some of the most important games of their lives.

That's actually a very good assumption, does anyone know the success rate of it so far ?

I now know how to qualify for the main event.
During group stages, create 15 different pocket strats.
Surprise them with the drafts, take EZ win with no chance of retaliation since Bo1.
Advance to main event EZ.
Some team hire me plzzz.

Also, this is a very good picture of Team Liquid:

BsJbp6QCQAA2vre.jpg

Here are some interesting stats for the round robin so far according to kpoptosis:
Hero Pick/Ban Rate
Rank Hero Pick/Ban Rate
1 Brewmaster 98%
2 Lycan 93%
3 Doom 91%
4 Razor 88%
5 Tidehunter 81%
! Batrider 62%
Mirana and Batrider falling in popularity?

Most Successful Heroes
Rank Hero Winrate
1 Alchemist 80%
2 Enigma 79%
3 Brewmaster 73%
4 Lycan 67%
4 Wraith King 64%
! Skywrath Mage 64%

Least Successful Heroes
Rank Hero Winrate
1 Lich 14%
2 Treant Protector 29%
3 Faceless Void 31%
4 Earthshaker 33%
5 Bane 36%
! Morphling 42%

Fuck. How to format this properly?

DanSaxon

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just realized everyone's predictions are now fubared, thanks to pocket Razor/SWM meta.

Kioshen

cheeky.gif

Why did you use two tangos back to back ? The regen doesn't stack AFAIK right ? What was that Lina thinking anyway diving that far, she already pushed you out of the lane
facepalm.gif

As Liquid celebrated their success, they were told they had 5 minutes until their next game, they asked simply – “We just had a 75 minute game, can we have 10 minutes?” Sure but no more, there was no time to relax today. There are 15 teams to play.

Wow. You really need to have the mental health to go through these games. Imagine being told this after a surprising defeat.

Just scanned through the Dota2 twitter and found some interesting pics. Forgive me if this has been seen a lot.

Newbee really feels like the bad guys to me. The DK fiasco (even if it was a misunderstanding) and their taunting of Mushi in the past were stuck in my mind.

Era hanging out with his family inbetween games. His morale must be so high!

h[A]ndsome [A]kke. I hope the Alliance guys get it together.

Mohasus

Is cherry MX brown switch the standard for dota players now? Both G710 and Durandal G1N (Na'vi's keyboard) use it.

My 6gv2 is crying (Is iG still using them?).

Top Bottom