• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwwww sheeet
Fnatic dun fuct up now.

That's a really dick move if true.
Why would you hold back set money?

268x268.resizedimage

Muh xcaliburden scythe of
Rice
neverh gon be reel

well some good points were made on that reddit thread. it may be part of the contract which we have no details on. Assuming it's some sort of malice is premature.

inkls

In hopes we don't know it was you slacking? We always know it's you. We can smell you.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Also, I meant since you can give people steam nicknames that display next to theirs so you can identify them even when they change nickname, but that works too.

sephi22

I've had a party MMR of 2.5k-2.9k for months now. Finally got the cojones to solo queue.
I'm 5-2 on solo queue games now. 3 more remaining. Can't hardly wait.

2k solo master race

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
well some good points were made on that reddit thread. it may be part of the contract which we have no details on. Assuming it's some sort of malice is premature.

Yeah, a Valve employee I talked up a bit at TI4 was a bit frustrated over the contracts a lot of players signed. Like a lot of player specific T-Shirts were turned down since the money would just go to the organization and not the players the shirts represented, and most players get nothing off of team brand named items (Like the Meepo set isn't branded Notail, its branded Fnatic)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hardest game of my life: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1083534613
Easiest game of my life: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1083635518

For the second game, going Death Coil at level 1 was a miss-skill. Heartstopper is standard because it fucks lanes.

HOWEVER.

We clashed at runes, which goes to show that you should never level your skills early because anything can happen, and that it's better to be lucky than good.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
My week long Low Priority games are over, now for ranked DOTA (that climb to 4K solo MMR is tough).

Edit: Highest LP games is 16, anyone in GAF reached that number?

Acinixys

My week long Low Priority games are over, now for ranked DOTA (that climb to 4K solo MMR is tough).

Edit: Highest LP games is 16, anyone in GAF reached that number?

If you get LP twice in a row its 16 games

Also how C9 lost to VP is beyond me. They could have gone for the ancient and ended from like 40 mins but fucked around and lost at 90

EE still had Deso at 100 minutes.....

So I was having a conversation about the many different ways carries can carry in this game. Stuff like:

Anti-Mage: Carries by being very difficult to kill (via mobility) and always being a couple of items ahead
Doom: Carries by completely shutting down one hero making every teamfight a 5v4
Medusa: Carries by being very difficult to kill (via tankiness) and attacking five heroes at once

Stuff like that. I'm sure it's possible to make an entry for every carry.

Yeah, a Valve employee I talked up a bit at TI4 was a bit frustrated over the contracts a lot of players signed. Like a lot of player specific T-Shirts were turned down since the money would just go to the organization and not the players the shirts represented, and most players get nothing off of team brand named items (Like the Meepo set isn't branded Notail, its branded Fnatic)

football sponsorship works in the same way though, I know players need all the support they can get, but I think it's fair enough that teams get rights over merchandise

So I was having a conversation about the many different ways carries can carry in this game. Stuff like:

Anti-Mage: Carries by being very difficult to kill (via mobility) and always being a couple of items ahead
Doom: Carries by completely shutting down one hero making every teamfight a 5v4
Medusa: Carries by being very difficult to kill (via tankiness) and attacking five heroes at once

Stuff like that. I'm sure it's possible to make an entry for every carry.

yeah every carry has their strengths and weaknesses, letting them carry in their own style, one of the best things about dota

except chaos knights

he only has weaknesses

edit whoops double post sorry

Acinixys

yeah every carry has their strengths and weaknesses, letting them carry in their own style, one of the best things about dota

except chaos knights

he only has weaknesses

I disagree

CK is weak this patch but not the worst carry

He needs to much space and farm to come online, but when hes online hes devastating. Good luck surviving reality rift into Ck + 6 illusions all critting for 1000

Alchemist is way weaker imo. Unless you get an insane start you fall off to hard to carry anything

I have been trying going "early" midas on supports (inspired by Fy-god). It's amazing! especially if my team is behind.
One usage = free wards and while wards cd every usage goes towards my next item.

Late game CK is probably the strongest carry in the game.

Like, He'll just walk into your base and hit your towers and you can do nothing strong.

Nymerio

These absolute comments about how this and that hero is complete shit remind me of reddit where everyone is either a 5k player or would be 5k if the mmr system wasn't rigged against them. In my shit tier ck is pretty fine though and the amount of damage you can put out with the ulti is ridiculous.

I'm a 2.8k player because I keep trying out heroes and being shit at them, rather than grind with my favorite heroes for better MMR.

Fun though.

shira

This can't be right for ex-GGA/Amazon or Cloud9 teams. The way Alex and Jack talk about things why would they take from players. IIRC Alliance even decided as 5 to split the sets so it wasn't just Loda's items.

Navi fuck yeah, which still bothers me that ZeroGravity is making so much off of Dendi's ass and now that he's past his prime he's stuck in the CIS musical chairs. If Black can go to China, why can't Dendi go to China or America. Artour is probably going to eckipse Dendi this year and that milion dollar prize from TI1 seems like nothing. Mason won 200k last year.

These absolute comments about how this and that hero is complete shit remind me of reddit where everyone is either a 5k player or would be 5k if the mmr system wasn't rigged against them. In my shit tier ck is pretty fine though and the amount of damage you can put out with the ulti is ridiculous.
In a vacuum, yeah sure chaos knight is fine. You can definitely win games with him and whatever ( http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1061941365 ). The problem is nothing in dota exists in a vacuum. Literally every part of ck is better done by someone else. I don't think it's hard to fix, that ult cooldown for starters. But yeah he's a shitty hero right now.

I'm a 2.8k player because I keep trying out heroes and being shit at them, rather than grind with my favorite heroes for better MMR.

Fun though.
Hey man if you're having fun, you're playing it right.

I'd say that over the long run you'll be better off as well as you're learning the big picture of the game as a whole while people who spam x or y only know them and will go up and down with that heroes balance.

FACE

Banned

CK needs tons of farm and has no real way of flash farming.

Damn, for the longest time I thought my 'double tap to self-cast' was broken, or my keyboard was fucked up. Just realized last night that if you move-clicked in between your double taps it'll fuck it up. I'm a bit of a hyper clicker when it comes to character movement, so it was always messing me up!

Nymerio

In a vacuum, yeah sure chaos knight is fine. You can definitely win games with him and whatever ( http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1061941365 ). The problem is nothing in dota exists in a vacuum. Literally every part of ck is better done by someone else. I don't think it's hard to fix, that ult cooldown for starters. But yeah he's a shitty hero right now.

Hey man if you're having fun, you're playing it right.

I'd say that over the long run you'll be better off as well as you're learning the big picture of the game as a whole while people who spam x or y only know them and will go up and down with that heroes balance.

Well, maybe it's because I play the random modes exclusively where you play whatever you get and most CKs I see don't do that bad (if they don't forget to use armlet before ulting, or fuck up reality rift and the ulti). The cd on his ulti sucks though, you're a glorified melee creep without and if they can disengage you're fucked.

CK needs tons of farm and has no real way of flash farming.

True, but not everyone is playing high tier games where stuff like that gets punished far more than at the level the common dota player plays.

Quilt

Neo Member
how do you guys feel about jungling cores

Usually pretty cynical about jungling cores. Unless it's one who can be really active. It causes massive problems in your lanes when you don't plan in advance for it. It also shackles the solo support to the carry so no roaming gets done.

ed: missing word

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
how do you guys feel about jungling cores
I'd rather have the jungler be a ganker/initiator like Axe, Enigma or Doom than a farmer like Ursa/Naix.

If you can lane, go lane. Jungle is for when the lane gets shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom