• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hats, tons of stuff in the fraud combating trade restrictions, people not happy with gift wrap, renewed bitching about the 3 month chest trade restrictions people not happy about the drop system. I get why people are upset, but it all drowns out real conversation, and a large part of it is driven by people upset it hampers their ability to profit off the system, and the comments come off as just people who want every thing for nothing or feel that they paid $10 so valve should cater to them.

I'm not taking a stance with the redditors here but personally I had spent hundreds of dollars on Dota hats during my first year of playing but lately, since probably TI4, I've completely gotten over it. The trade restrictions do not help but personally I got sick of stuff like rare sets/items in chests. I was never trying to profit off the system. I spent my money gladly, but it has gotten a lot harder to frivolously throw a few dollars here and there to get something that I want. Instead you have to drop large amounts of money playing Valve's lotto games.

I'm not taking a stance with the redditors here but personally I had spent hundreds of dollars on Dota hats during my first year of playing but lately, since probably TI4, I've completely gotten over it. The trade restrictions do not help but personally I got sick of stuff like rare sets/items in chests. I was never trying to profit off the system. I spent my money gladly, but it has gotten a lot harder to frivolously throw a few dollars here and there to get something that I want. Instead you have to drop large amounts of money playing Valve's lotto games.

It's good that items that are in chests are now sold.

Personally I think they way the system works now is great. Of course it's harder to gift items but I'd trust Valve that they had to take this stance since there's too many credit card frauds that they are forced implement it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
every dota patch is making it more and more like hon

hon was a great base game, but the market and new heroes ruined it. dota is incorporating more and more of the hon mechanical and philosophical changes tho with every patch

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Focus fire is good. Shackle someone, focus fire them.

Possible considerations:
Aghs
Buriza
MKB
Desolator

Is maelstrom not good on her anymore? I went phase boots > mael > blink > force staff (had to because nobody else had one) > hex, but my damage and survivability weren't good enough at the end to do anything other than shackle, hex, and then die. I couldn't even focus fire down the racks that well.

I guess I'll try desolator and mkb next time, thinking about it those items would synergize better with high attack speed ranged attacks

Hylian7

I suggest our Ember get a diffusal for the other team's Omniknight. Now Earthshaker blames me for ever suggesting that to him. LOL.

Big Dog

What do you guys reckon is the reason that Icefrog may be gravitating toward taking some input or thoughts from those Reddit people these days. They have the occasional diamond in the rough but it's a lot of whiners over there who want whip out their pitchforks each time someone on the scene moves...

Artanisix

What do you guys reckon is the reason that Icefrog may be gravitating toward taking some input or thoughts from those Reddit people these days. They have the occasional diamond in the rough but it's a lot of whiners over there who want whip out their pitchforks each time someone on the scene moves...

As far as balance does? I highly, highly doubt he does.

Icefrog gets tons upon tons of ideas from all over. Most of the things you see posted on reddit and that Reddit stroke eachother for are not original ideas.

Smaller cosmetic or UI or qol changes, yes, I'm sure the Valve team in general will take from Reddit.

kasane

i dont think icefrog is taking ideas from them per se

reddit probably just throws shit and sometimes their ideas coincide with what icefrog wants to try

Kalnos

Banned

what changes are you referring to?

Jex

Hey, it's not entirely Reddit's fault that comments in r/dota 2 are kind of crappy. If you added hundreds of more people to this thread it would probably get pretty dumb.

sixghost

I don't think it really matters where the ideas come from. For every one suggestion that gets implemented there are 10,000 that don't.

I don't think it really matters where the ideas come from. For every one suggestion that gets implemented there are 10,000 that don't.

Not to mention the idea that Ice Frog is taking reddit's advice is mislead on a base level. There's a correlation between highly requested changes on /r/Dota2 and the actual changes, but there isn't necessarily causation. A far more reasonable explanation is that because reddit has such a large amount of traffic, there are a lot of ideas that go through. Due to their voting system, the ideas that many people feel are most necessary will naturally rise to the top. It's easy to deduce why, then, such changes would be likely implementations.

Voshond

Neo Member
Hats, tons of stuff in the fraud combating trade restrictions, people not happy with gift wrap, renewed bitching about the 3 month chest trade restrictions people not happy about the drop system. I get why people are upset, but it all drowns out real conversation, and a large part of it is driven by people upset it hampers their ability to profit off the system, and the comments come off as just people who want every thing for nothing or feel that they paid $10 so valve should cater to them.
I do agree with their complaints about custom item icons. I would have had no idea what this item was if I saw it in game.
PqW1QAo.png

It's blademail.

Dreavus

On the subject of vision, This was a pretty cool effect in hon for a particular ability.

I remember getting hit by that. It's pretty panic inducing and hard to tell what the hell is going on when you can't see your allies. It would definitely be thematically appropriate to NS, though it would be way too powerful as a global.

Wok

Wait wat.

How? And why medusa specifically?

I just remember being happy picking Bane to counter a Medusa and in fact, I could do nothing against her (high health and high mana). Plus I think she managed to get out of my ult by using Manta.

It must have been this game: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1090447457

The replay is still available so I can check. Edit: The clock indicates 54:35 when it happens. If you can check and understand what happens, please tell me. Do not tell me I stopped the canalization of the spell with my auto-attack.

Madouu

Target can't use items during grip. You need an Aghs and a BKB to deal with Medusa as a Bane late game, Linkens (if she goes for that) can be popped easily with enfeeble thankfully.

IThe clock indicates 54:35 when it happens. If you can check and understand what happens, please tell me. Do not tell me I stopped the canalization of the spell with my auto-attack.

Only explanation, that auto-attack even missed
cheeky.gif
. You had your cursor on medusa the whole time, so I suspect you might have misclicked while trying to control necro units, it's hard to tell from player perspective.

Denzel

In lower mmr I have a problem farming as a carry because im mediocre at last hitting ~50 creeps at 10 minutes, and my supports keep auto attacking the lane and pushing it and they don't pull the creep camp to pull creeps back... maybe I should be supporting then?

And Windranger loses again.

This time because the other cores did a shit job, S4 was godlike. How do you have less farm as a Midas Doom than a Windranger without midas.

Wok

Only explanation, that auto-attack even missed
cheeky.gif
. You had your cursor on medusa the whole time, so I suspect you might have misclicked while trying to control necro units, it's hard to tell from player perspective.

Ah, it might be due to my micro-skills of the Necro units... I forgot about these.

Anno

Kinda neat to see that shackle goes through Linken's if you're the target it shackles through to. Never really thought about it but I guess that makes sense.

Acinixys

Is maelstrom not good on her anymore? I went phase boots > mael > blink > force staff (had to because nobody else had one) > hex, but my damage and survivability weren't good enough at the end to do anything other than shackle, hex, and then die. I couldn't even focus fire down the racks that well.

I guess I'll try desolator and mkb next time, thinking about it those items would synergize better with high attack speed ranged attacks

I have found that Diffusal Blade is an amazing first pickup on WR

You get in so many attacks with your ult that 99% of heros are left with no mana and become worthless. Especially supports

Maelstrom doesnt really do enough imo on Wind. Diffusal, Crit, MKB and Deso are all way better for fighting

skullbasher on windranger.

Basher is mediocre at best

It has a long cool-down and even though you might bash every time its off cooldown its not really worth it. you will get at most 4 bashes during your ult, but you should have shackled them anyway so bashing is pointless

Maelstrom is still good for farming speed on Windranger, I think she could do well with a Midas instead of Maelstrom for farm speed if you're going for lategame though, but I don't know if she can pull it off.

S4 baits so well with illusions.

Fee

In lower mmr I have a problem farming as a carry because im mediocre at last hitting ~50 creeps at 10 minutes, and my supports keep auto attacking the lane and pushing it and they don't pull the creep camp to pull creeps back... maybe I should be supporting then?

I have the same issue, the only way around it i have found is to play a core that can move to the jungle if your lane goes particularly bad.

pompidu

How the fuck am i supppse to move up in mmr when the opposite team has 3 shadowblade hereos and no one on my team bought dust or sentry but me. Not once did any other hero buy dust or sentry. Infuriating that im going to be stuck at 2k mmr with this shit happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom