• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

How the fuck am i supppse to move up in mmr when the opposite team has 3 shadowblade hereos and no one on my team bought dust or sentry but me. Not once did any other hero buy dust or sentry. Infuriating that im going to be stuck at 2k mmr with this shit happening.

I hear Bounty is a good hero.

Acinixys

How the fuck am i supppse to move up in mmr when the opposite team has 3 shadowblade hereos and no one on my team bought dust or sentry but me. Not once did any other hero buy dust or sentry. Infuriating that im going to be stuck at 2k mmr with this shit happening.

Go mid

Pick Snowballer (Storm Spirit/TA/Shadow Fiend etc)

Get runes and gank

Farm everywhere

Win game

OR

Learn Meepo

Noobs cant do SHIT vs a competent Meepo player

Fee

I hear Bounty is a good hero.
sure he is, if only he could draft him mid game, the thing is at low mmr, heroes that have no business building shadowblades get them because its uncommon for teams to deal with invis correctly

sub 2500 is entirely different game compared to what most of you are used to playing

Deadly

In lower mmr I have a problem farming as a carry because im mediocre at last hitting ~50 creeps at 10 minutes, and my supports keep auto attacking the lane and pushing it and they don't pull the creep camp to pull creeps back... maybe I should be supporting then?

Go mid
Noobs cant do SHIT vs a competent Meepo player
undying is also decent against beginners because nobody targets tombstone

Anno

Reading gaming side threads about Valve makes me want to bash my head into a wall.

Yeah, don't do that. You'll have people saying iTunes is somehow a better platform or something, or that Valve never releases games even though they've come out every year until this year for some time now. Or the good ol' "I hate such restrictive DRM"argument00

Edit: Also, this game makes me hate Sniper even more than I already do. .

Secret is the only current team that can pull off a draft like this one.

notail stood out with his play, and the s4 play where he cancelled sandking's blink was nice, but apart from that I don't think secret did anything special. impossible to lose against that spectre.

haha well, VP reaching a final was joke a couple of months back and they lasted to game
. Both VPs uped their game recently.

Yeah, I'd say they're the closest to the Tier 1 teams (EG, C9, Secret) in the west. If they keep playing the way they have and just tighten up some of the clowniness I think they'll be Tier 1.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel both VPs are just behind C9, they are very solid teams. EG needs to step up their game if they want to stay dominant.

I feel both VPs are just behind C9, they are very solid teams. EG needs to step up their game if they want to stay dominant.
Nah bruh.

I think EG is just about the *last* Western team that anyone needs to worry about. They're clearly experimenting with combos and heroes as they try to expand their options even more than their very robust hero pools already afford them. When they pick their very best, most comfortable heroes...they're acutely difficult to beat. Without question the scariest Western team.

IMO, everyone else in the West is slightly behind in both skill and execution compared to most of EG's players...but most importantly, they're behind in simple consistency. EG may lose, but rarely will you see them get steamrolled like Secret did in a couple of games today or like many of the other top-tier teams do on a semi-regular basis.

Razzer

Teams feel a little more even in general I'd say. If Alliance and Team Tinker do well out of their roster changes then the Tier 1 scene will be very exciting. Navi will need to do a little more.

Oh, and everyone should watch out for Hellraisers.

Teams feel a little more even in general I'd say. If Alliance and Team Tinker do well out of their roster changes then the Tier 1 scene will be very exciting. Navi will need to do a little more.

Oh, and everyone should watch out for Hellraisers.

I think HR is gonna be like PR used to be. They'll occasionally take sets off of big teams, but they're too inconsistent to get out of the trench.

J2d

I hope valve changes the drop system soon, it was mostly worthless drops but I could get stuff and sell them for one cent and buy something I wanted on the marketplace and that brought a bit more fun to the experience. As I only play limited pick I nowadays see no use in sticking around if we start losing cause I'm not gonna see shit if I stick around :(

I hope valve changes the drop system soon, it was mostly worthless drops but I could get stuff and sell them for one cent and buy something I wanted on the marketplace and that brought a bit more fun to the experience. As I only play limited pick I nowadays see no use in sticking around if we start losing cause I'm not gonna see shit if I stick around :(

?

How about you use the time to practice the mechanics of the hero you picked. I'm pretty sure you still have quite a bit to learn and there's no better time to practice core concepts and get into good habits than in an actual match. Even in losing matches, there's plenty to learn, practice and do.

GorillaJu

every dota patch is making it more and more like hon

hon was a great base game, but the market and new heroes ruined it. dota is incorporating more and more of the hon mechanical and philosophical changes tho with every patch

Yep it's been going this way for years, and every patch it moves more toward Honification. No complaints from me, I think Hon did a lot of things well.

Razzer

?

How about you use the time to practice the mechanics of the hero you picked. I'm pretty sure you still have quite a bit to learn and there's no better time to practice core concepts and get into good habits than in an actual match. Even in losing matches, there's plenty to learn, practice and do.

Dreams, we both know the only reason to play a video game is for the chance to earn virtual hats.

Anno

Man, the degree to which you can feel yourself getting better at Dota, even if the wins/kills/whatever don't change much, is crazy. A few days grinding hard and I can just plain see a great improvement in last hitting and positioning. What a game.

sixghost

Man, the degree to which you can feel yourself getting better at Dota, even if the wins/kills/whatever don't change much, is crazy. A few days grinding hard and I can just plain see a great improvement in last hitting and positioning. What a game.

Make sure to rewatch the replays and notice the 5000 things you are still doing wrong to make yourself feel like shit again.

Anno

Make sure to rewatch the replays and notice the 5000 things you are still doing wrong to make yourself feel like shit again.

Oh I do, and it's sad. This might just be the most humbling game ever. The worst thing might be a fail Chrono =/

LF Good Servers WTT Left eyeball
Just lost a game vs a full randomed team with void because our whole team felt the need to attack people at melee range every chance they could. sigh...

J2d

?

I'm mostly talking matches were it at least feels like it's 99% percent certain that we will lose. I got nothing more to learn with the limited heroes and theres no penalty for leaving and at the moment, no reward for sticking by.

inkls

Yeah, don't do that. You'll have people saying iTunes is somehow a better platform or something, or that Valve never releases games even though they've come out every year until this year for some time now. Or the good ol' "I hate such restrictive DRM"argument00

Edit: Also, this game makes me hate Sniper even more than I already do. .

You forgot claiming everyone who makes pc master race jokes is always serious about it and that everyone on pc really believes the whole pc master race thing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't.

I've got a brilliant idea! How about we play super passive with a mid game fighting comp into lone druid and let him get a million farm!

I hate this game...
And then I accept a game, get a disconnect and am told I didn't accept the queue so I'm out for 8 minutes. WTF

Another great tale from Potatodota.

Our TA is heading for 40 kills but flatout refuses to take down towers.
5 People dead? Better go farm! Tower almost down? Better hunt the guy on the opposite site of the map!

Surprisingly we lost. What a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom