• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

Honestly I missed the ending but Drow was top of networth for most the game, and WR and Storm were not far behind, so I'm not all that surprised Secret pulled it off.

Razzer

Interesting to see that Secret committed two supports to secure the rune for Jugg. Clearly they think level 2 is super important on off Jugg.

Edit: And it got him first blood, worth!

Random change suggestion: If you buyback while backdoor protection is currently disabled in your base there's a short delay before you actually respawn, something like 3 seconds + 1 second per 4 levels.

I think buybacks need to be in the game but I think you should get a more reliable reward for winning a teamfight in the enemy base and I really dislike when you dive and get kills and do everything right and then get fucked by mass buybacks.

Akim

Banned
Random change suggestion: If you buyback while backdoor protection is currently disabled in your base there's a short delay before you actually respawn, something like 3 seconds + 1 second per 4 levels.

I think buybacks need to be in the game but I think you should get a more reliable reward for winning a teamfight in the enemy base and I really dislike when you dive and get kills and do everything right and then get fucked by mass buybacks.

buying back is a huge penalty already, no gold from creeps, huge gold loss

Radec

Great start for Secret.

I wonder if that Slark will be as beastly as VPP-Secret Starladder game earlier tho.

Secret has Lycan now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
00:00 runes are so amazing. You'd be insane not to dedicate your team to securing them now.

I have begun to block mid as support so my friend mid can contest the rune.

Razzer

00:00 runes are so amazing. You'd be insane not to dedicate your team to securing them now.

My comment was more about the fact that they secured the bot rune rather than the top one. But it makes sense. Also, I totally have to start doing that.

Demoli

I actually think getting that rune as a support or offlaner is far more impactful than as a mid or farmer. a fast level 2 on offlaner is sometimes all some heroes need to dominate (DS, QoP), and for a support it can mean a lot of danger for the enemy offlaner or earlier, better ganks on the enemy mid.

inkls

I actually think getting that rune as a support or offlaner is far more impactful than as a mid or farmer. a fast level 2 on offlaner is sometimes all some heroes need to dominate (DS, QoP), and for a support it can mean a lot of danger for the enemy offlaner or earlier, better ganks on the enemy mid.

Depends on the mid laner I'd say. Would you say its worth it to give the rune to the mid laner if its a hard matchup or you want him to press his advantage vs the enemy mid?

edit: this jugg escape

Haly

Maybe you're right, but in my case specifically, I dedicate my time to creating space for my friend so rune camping is just an extension of that.

Also I really don't want to be on top of rune as CM.

Demoli

Depends on the mid laner I'd say. Would you say its worth it to give the rune to the mid laner if its a hard matchup or you want him to press his advantage vs the enemy mid?

edit: this jugg escape

Well, sure i guess. I think the question is in which heroes will the level 2 will have the most inpact. A level 2 on lycan or puck is not that big, but on a qop, ds, venge or skywrath can make a difference

smile.gif

Haly

So how does the Storm Spirit vs Viper matchup work? If I'm SS do I just give up and go jungle unless I'm under my tower with full mana?

Pray to god he's a scrub.

And yeah, if things look really bad bugger off to jungle and farm with remnants.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I've seen too many players underestimate Blade Fury

I have seen many players think Blade Fury still does significant damage after 30 minutes and will spin at the other team instead of auto attack them.

Looks like that DNADota workshop artiest got a Community Ban, he was complaining about it on reddit. While he was upset at not being able to use the market, I think that prevents you from using the workshop too, right?

Bad7667

So they got rid of the gift wrap. Gave me another nested cache to replace it and I got another Frostivus token.

Now I have 2 of these things and no clue which chest to use them on.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So wait, I'm going to get tokens for my past Giftwrap purchase? Alright. The new tokens they issued seem to be tradable, unlike the Battle Point Bonus versions. I take it when keys expire they will just be replaced with token, which basically do the same thing anyway.

I feel the new gift wrap is going to lead to a lot of scams with trading. Bit surprised Valve didn't give a stocking item like TF2 got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom