• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
look you dumb game if i chase wraith king across the entire map, take him thru 1 1/2 health bars with about seventeen million right clicks, then cancer knight did not kill him just because he turned up at the end and clocks him with a lucky crit

I don't know what the proper way would be to play Techies, because while he's certainly annoying and getting blown up on some random path on the map is frustrating, all he does is lose games very very slowly.

He can hold high ground forever, but the team with 5 useful heroes is still probably going to beat the team with 4 heroes and a bunch of mines.

kvk1

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone.

Thanks for all the fun games when playing, and helping pass the time at work when here.

You're all 7K in the heart.

sixghost

I don't know what the proper way would be to play Techies, because while he's certainly annoying and getting blown up on some random path on the map is frustrating, all he does is lose games very very slowly.

He can hold high ground forever, but the team with 5 useful heroes is still probably going to beat the team with 4 heroes and a bunch of mines.

You must play with nothing but shitty techies.

sixghost

What do good techies do, though?

Even Waga's stream is just him defending high ground for 30 minutes

Maybe I've just gotten very fortunate with techies players, but a good techies will get first blood more often than not, scare the shit out of the other team and prevent them from chasing kills on your half of the map early, stall pushes, make supports waste money on sentries, etc. It's just important to have a lineup that can take advantage of what techies offers. If you don't have any late game potential, then being able to defend high ground is pointless. I've seen plenty of occasions where an important core would die, then not even need to buy back as techies stalls their push for 40 or 50 seconds until the core respawns.

bbd23

ismI2tlaBWuc2.gif

Merry Christmas GAF

we won lol

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1114472928

our team fight was so goood

Techies seems totally useless to me if you buy sentries. You're supposed to go clear out mines BEFORE you take a tower.
Same when you go into their jungle:
objective 1: clear mines (aka don't chase deeper into it until they've been cleared, just be methodical)
objective 2 : control jungle with vision and sentries
and then what? they're stuck in base or fight outside of it 4v5...
In early/midgame it takes him forever to set up stacks of mines and it takes about 30 seconds to clear all of them.

When pushing towers it's not hard to creepskip behind them first and clear out the mines behind them and in the side paths first and keep a sentry down like if you're fighting riki.

And when pushing highground noone says you have to fight in front of the barracks, you'll be like 20k networth ahead anyhow since it's 4/5 if they've been camping inside base to turtle (and if they leave base to try to farm and you kill a few you've already won anyhow) , so why not just fight behind the barracks or wherever his minefield isn't.

it's just zone control instead of pushing
Pick some teamfight (4v5) and some lategame and you can't lose

The only way you lose if is your team constantly chases into the fog when ahead, and doing that they were going to lose anyhow against any other hero

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Play with my friend who is pretty much new and we always seem to run into groups of smurfs that absolute stomp. Beginning to think bots is the only matchmaking system we can effectively run to give him a chance.

Quesa

Fantastic, never thought about using Smokes to wander around and place mines while invisible.
Other than that, <3 remote mines

I had the smoke epiphany last night after going over a loss. Nice to see it works. Thanks wok, btw -- got some replays to watch.

Saw a drop after midnight last night and thought Valve was going to be generous and let loose with some items. Guess one drop is typically more than you see on other nights so it's still an increase.

Quesa

I was gonna give 10 people on my friends list the nested chest but I couldn't trade the one I bought until whatever date so I decided not to buy any.

:(

Razzer

Envy streams are actually quite informative, just from the amount he babysits his teammates on what they should be doing all the time.

Big Dog

Those preview pieces have some ridiculous amount of detail! I hope that they are able to look similar to the final product. Very cool indeed.

Also interesting concept of having some pieces be removable. I only have the Slark figure this year so are there any of the figures so far that have removable parts to themselves?

Razzer

L A G B O Y S

Why do we queue on this server, screw the americans with us, they probably get better connection on EU West.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Last night I kept getting disconnected from the game. Barely loaded into the server to start with, lagged out when tiny came to gank, twice again when just farming, once I couldn't reconnect for a good 5 minutes, and one final dc when the score board came up. Nearly got an abandon, but we were able to win still.

shira

Those preview pieces have some ridiculous amount of detail! I hope that they are able to look similar to the final product. Very cool indeed.

Also interesting concept of having some pieces be removable. I only have the Slark figure this year so are there any of the figures so far that have removable parts to themselves?

Yeah I wish they did that for the demiheroes. So easy to sell pennies worth of plastic to have interchangeable weapons and helmets.

Artourski giving away free autograph codes if you not already following him
https://twitter.com/Arteezy/status/548218366414974977

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom