• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wish Valve just never added Techies to the game, such a frustrating hero to play against and such a useless hero to have on your team

shira

If you missed it the last time - 80% off again
dota_item_dread_of_the_gleaming_seal_set_large.bdcef6674b4e27a79cf9c6c6bda14f177bc4dee2.png

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/20306

ends in

t1419667200z4.png

G.ZZZ

TOnight games are dreadful, especially when i get 3 5k players that do nothing but solo all game and then we lose without actually doing anything because they splitpush all game and then the enemy team has outfarmed us 10 times over. ZZZZZZZ Nice Lycan Terrorblade team broski.

EDIT : i'm playing against solo fakenicker time to YOLO

Razzer

TOnight games are dreadful, especially when i get 3 5k players that do nothing but solo all game and then we lose without actually doing anything because they splitpush all game and then the enemy team has outfarmed us 10 times over. ZZZZZZZ Nice Lycan Terrorblade team broski.

To be fair you should be used to this after me.

does typing a reason in a report increase the likelihood of action being taken?

I'm 4 for 4 with adding "idiot" to my reports, when I don't recall getting very many confirmations for the past couple of months

Chris R

Wonder if Dota 2 gets an Overwatch feature sometime next year. Queuing for games taking forever? Why not investigate a few potential report issues and deal with them.

I am understanding what people were saying about all the shitters being out tonight. So many games lost that felt completely out of my hands.

Acinixys

I am understanding what people were saying about all the shitters being out tonight. So many games lost that felt completely out of my hands.

dota has been so fucking bad today, actually impossible to avoid retards

It's just an influx of new kids who got dota for christmas, happens with every game, every year.

Christmas noobs are the worst

Especially in an extremely team based game like Dota

Wok

I have lost a game as PL. I think the main problem was the execution of team fights:
  • Zeus and Invoker were playing around with Force Staffs and Euls,
  • Nyx was disrupting the fights,
  • and in the mean time, you have a monster Lifestealer and Luna dealing massive damage on the front line.

If some of you would like to help me analyze my defeat, this is the match:
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1118261077

I am mostly interested in which items I should have bought (maybe blademail), or which strategy would have helped us win fights.

Had a good game with Undying yesterday, with a good team. They weren't communicating at all, but the teamwork was still decent an we won all 3 lanes for a simple win.

Unying must be a massive pain in the arse to play against though with his QWE abilities. 2 instant damage attacks with bonus strength steal, and Tombstone to add insult to injury. And the first 2 can be spammed at will after a point.

The Ult is pretty good too for staying on the front foot in a push. Not sure if I'll carry on with him, keep going back to Axe/Spirit Breaker when I should be trying to get good with an expanded hero pool.

BHK3

Banned
It's just an influx of new kids who got dota for christmas, happens with every game, every year.
Hardest I laughed during christmas dota was a few years back, was just an absolutely terrible game and the one guy carrying us was all "god who the fuck are they giving beta keys to nowadays" Idk just really tickled my funny bone.

JD didn't bother to cast the I-League finals even though they were 'supposedly' the official English cast.
https://twitter.com/GodBlessMali/status/548758034181144576
Seems like JD will be the studio to disband/quit dota.

But where will I go to see whos streaming with how many viewers D:?

Had a good game with Undying yesterday, with a good team. They weren't communicating at all, but the teamwork was still decent an we won all 3 lanes for a simple win.

Unying must be a massive pain in the arse to play against though with his QWE abilities. 2 instant damage attacks with bonus strength steal, and Tombstone to add insult to injury. And the first 2 can be spammed at will after a point.

The Ult is pretty good too for staying on the front foot in a push. Not sure if I'll carry on with him, keep going back to Axe/Spirit Breaker when I should be trying to get good with an expanded hero pool.
If you want MMR just spam Undying, people forgot how to play against him with tombstone and no one has ever learned to fear soulrip. 135 nuke/180 heal for 50 mana is pretty damn good and is the perfect sub 10 minute space creator, if you're 3K or so then if you do good then mid is gonna get bitched at to gank you and thats just more kills for you.

I have lost a game as PL. I think the main problem was the execution of team fights:
  • Zeus and Invoker were playing around with Force Staffs and Euls,
  • Nyx was disrupting the fights,
  • and in the mean time, you have a monster Lifestealer and Luna dealing massive damage on the front line.

If some of you would like to help me analyze my defeat, this is the match:
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1118261077

I am mostly interested in which items I should have bought (maybe blademail), or which strategy would have helped us win fights.

My 2 cents:
I think you needed butterfly more than the skadi.EDIT: they got mkbs for the PA so that killed that option.
The WD is a greedy shit who didn't buy any wards went shadow blade and still had no farm and seems (from the stats) to be a hindrance.
No pipe on the team in an one hour game vs a zeus and invoker.
Only 2 sentries bought in the entire game vs the nyx, no wonder he got huge.

Acinixys

Next time you play him go brown boots refresher so you have it at 15 - 20 mins

Two level 4 tombstones is pretty funny to play with

just played with an obnoxious but ultimately harmless dude and when I was talking about the match with a former member of this thread, he mentioned the dude has former DotA thread maven Thacker's avatar

I doubt it's the same guy, but it was funny to go back and see all the discussion surrounding him

Wok

My 2 cents:
I think you needed butterfly more than the skadi.EDIT: they got mkbs for the PA so that killed that option.
The WD is a greedy shit who didn't buy any wards went shadow blade and still had no farm and seems (from the stats) to be a hindrance.
No pipe on the team in an one hour game vs a zeus and invoker.
Only 2 sentries bought in the entire game vs the nyx, no wonder he got huge.

Pipe. I forgot about pipe. This is a fight-winning item against Zeus. Goddammit.

Anno

Isn't this the second time in maybe 6 months that JD has cast a tournament until the finals then skipped it? Sheesh.

Blaze stepping up to fill in, I'm sure GAF is all kinds of hyped for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom