• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

The best game on the holydays. Tide buying wards going mid, dropping them and suiciding constantly. Even after 15 deaths, we still hold strong the base, and he decide playing normally again, completely miss a ravage, and go back to feeding gems and wards all game.
> Good Game, Well Played! Kappa

Radec

Bulldong Games Better than TI4 finals.

holy shit
KuGsj.gif

Big Dog

So everyone should start running an Undying and Axe offlane. If you are not against a double ranged lane then you can take their tier 1 tower in under 4 minutes. It's the cheesiest strat I have ever been a part of but I have won both games that I've done it. And I even lost a game to it which is just annoying. New pub meta for sub 35 minute wins.

Razzer

Based on the AMA right now it seems the CD tourney was made and scheduled etc with the player's desires as top priority. It's nice to see, looks like a lot of communication went on.

Nymerio

So everyone should start running an Undying and Axe offlane. If you are not against a double ranged lane then you can take their tier 1 tower in under 4 minutes. It's the cheesiest strat I have ever been a part of but I have won both games that I've done it. And I even lost a game to it which is just annoying. New pub meta for sub 35 minute wins.

Eh, that's not new but it's one of the most disgusting lane combos I've played and played against. Combined with the fact that there's almost no rotation in pubs it's an almost guaranteed win.

sweet thanks, didn't know there's a dedicated youtube channel for vods.

Wok

I have just had a game at 2.5K MMR with a Void saying he was 4.4K MMR playing on a friend's account. He proceeds to go mid against TA, and does not care at all when we lose T1 safelane at 5 min, T2 safelane at 10 min (Axe+DP vs SB+Invoker), just like the rest of the team bottom does not care. Somehow he carries the game and we win. Really strange game.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1121172476

I think he obviously told the truth:

scmLZtO.png

Anno

Man Beastmaster is like the ultimate comeback hero. Longrange, extensive stun through BKB, decent push, decent damage/tank and most importantly tons of vision. None of which probably ever is noticed lol.

Eh, that's not new but it's one of the most disgusting lane combos I've played and played against. Combined with the fact that there's almost no rotation in pubs it's an almost guaranteed win.

sweet thanks, didn't know there's a dedicated youtube channel for vods.
The only combo I've seen that is objectively more annoying is Timbersaw + Abbadon. Diving becomes free with a photic, and that combo can kill from approximately level 3 on. Doesn't matter if your comp is ranged or melee. Timbersaw's closing speed makes it irrelevant.

sixghost

I have just had a game at 2.5K MMR with a Void saying he was 4.4K MMR playing on a friend's account. He proceeds to go mid against TA, and does not care at all when we lose T1 safelane at 5 min, T2 safelane at 10 min (Axe+DP vs SB+Invoker), just like the rest of the team bottom does not care. Somehow he carries the game and we win. Really strange game.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1121172476

I think he obviously told the truth:

scmLZtO.png

People freak out too much about towers in this patch. If the other lanes are doing well losing a few towers isn't going to lose you the game.

People freak out too much about towers in this patch. If the other lanes are doing well losing a few towers isn't going to lose you the game.

Towers aren't just gold though, they're also map control. Losing safelane T1 and T2 means your entire jungle is unsafe(except for the 2 camps near mid assuming you still have those) or maybe even forfeit, let alone the lane. It's not game losing at all but I think your safelane towers are pretty important to keep alive.

Razzer

I doubt the Bulldog rumours are true considering he said he was taking an extended break from pro Dota, or maybe it was Loda who said it about him.

Kambing

Anybody else notice the highest MMR player username on America server?

WXf-aith.japan DOG REMEMBER 1937.12.13 - 8122 MMR

I mean holyshit... i know some fucked up shit happened on the date in question, but still, makes me face palm. Wonder what the persons personality is like and what his/her play style is. Can't seem to find videos of the player.

nilbog21

Banned
I finally played the new bloodseeker..seems very OP atm. Any cool builds you guys like with him (that work in high/very high skilled games?) I just got blade mail and Bkb and utterly destroyed so anything after that didn't really matter. I was thinking maybe euls might be nice on him?

would appreciate a few pointers on items vs this lineup

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1121315738

I didn't play it very well but I went manta for jugg, skadi for timber, and mkb (not finished, in stash) for PA. Anything else I should have considered

Do you remeber the timing for your Yasha/Manta/Skadi? I noticed you went aquila and drum. Personally I think 2 bracers is just as good as a drum on TB, if not better. Also I don't think you really need to justify manta or skadi on TB. At this point they seem to be considered core for TB, if the pro scene is anything to go by.

shira

Anybody else notice the highest MMR player username on America server?

WXf-aith.japan DOG REMEMBER 1937.12.13 - 8122 MMR

I mean holyshit... i know some fucked up shit happened on the date in question, but still, makes me face palm. Wonder what the persons personality is like and what his/her play style is. Can't seem to find videos of the player.

Reddit found him, he's got a buddy who feeds him kills.

would appreciate a few pointers on items vs this lineup

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1121315738

I didn't play it very well but I went manta for jugg, skadi for timber, and mkb (not finished, in stash) for PA. Anything else I should have considered

Butterfly so you and your illusions don't melt vs PA and Jugg. I wanted to say BKB vs Necro but it doesn't do much vs this lineup, maybe Linkens though. But in general it looks you needed more farm, either through ancient stacks or otherwise. Huskar too but Huskar is ass vs PA anyway.

Wish we could get some incite into the goings-on with teams behind the scenes.

Would never happen but would be nice to find out why certain players leave/get asked to leave.

Quesa

It's time to get a friend (if you haven't raged at them all) and play Axe and Undying offlane for ez wins

undying is so annoying to play against they should remove him from dota only way to deal with heroes I don't like he literally ruins any game he's in

And thanks for the feedback all, I'm terrible at playing hard carries and itemizing with them.

So Virtus Pro's owner announced that their teams won't be taking part in tournaments that don't pay out prize pools (excluding current commitments)

He points out Starladder especially saying they won't join the next season until debts are paid

Good idea I like it!

Has anyone tried a level 1 push strat?

Probably, and it probably failed miserably. Nobody gets exp and you don't do enough damage to towers to keep the push going.

What does happen is level 1 Rosh and then running over the enemy team with stuff like Luna aura, Venge aura combined with some sustain like Dazzle wave, Jugg ward, and WD heal. You can kill rax very easily with that damage assuming the opponent doesn't have strong counter push.

undying is so annoying to play against they should remove him from dota only way to deal with heroes I don't like he literally ruins any game he's in

And thanks for the feedback all, I'm terrible at playing hard carries and itemizing with them.

Love playing as him. Don't really think he's OP , but if you let him get started he will be hard to contain until late game. Too many times teams just ignore the dropped tomb until it's too late. Then they can't run from it. I also like healing the tomb when an enemy is trying to destroy it solo in the early game.

I've done the axe undying combo on accident before. Easy lane but if the other team can hold off until late game I feel both hero's drop off. You need to push fast if your team is set up with no late game hero's.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Virtus Pro's owner announced that their teams won't be taking part in tournaments that don't pay out prize pools (excluding current commitments)

He points out Starladder especially saying they won't join the next season until debts are paid
He actually went further, his teams won't compete in any of the 2015 Star Ladders if they aren't fully paid by February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom