• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

facepalm.gif

Shinypogs

On one hand I liked the silly string victory gank. On the other hand it was pretty clear the players just wanted to go and pay respect to c9.

I'm so happy for VG though ^-^

This was a good tournament and there were several interesting surprises like PA taking rax, twice!, because you can't see her on the map and iceiceice busting out Brood several times ( but srsly fuck spiders).

I come to the conclusion that Black is probably the most successful Player out of the Old MouseSports team

On the contrary, he hasn't seen much success until this year. Mouz was average, the first Chinese team he adopted was awful. Only now has he found a team that he can win with. He may become the most successful player from old Mouz, but he's not just yet.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I come to the conclusion that Black is probably the most successful Player out of the Old MouseSports team

Not sure if you are referring to the TI2 or TI3 squad, but I think SingSing and Fata have made more in prize winning with their stints in C9. Cloud9 with all their top 3 finishes and 5th place in TI4 has gotten a ton of cash.

Now, I think if things keep going like they are, he will be well on his way of surpassing their winnings.

edit: Oh, and KuroKy got loads of money with Na'vi.

Looking at Liquipedia, I never knew Black had a 1 month stint in No Tide Hunter with Envy.

Why did they all bunch up like that, they didn't have vision i would of stood way behind ogre and LC as EE

they were grouping for smoke. if you watch the Twitch link I linked up, you see them smoke up about a half second before Tide appears and ravages them.

the radiant ward on the high ground next to the rosh pit spotted them out.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Congrats to VG, they deserved it!

C9 played very too, they just need to learn to keep their emotions in check and they'll be really successful. They played some amazing doto this tourney

they were grouping for smoke. if you watch the Twitch link I linked up, you see them smoke up about a half second before Tide appears and ravages them.

the radiant ward on the high ground next to the rosh pit spotted them out.

damn missed that detail. RIP CLOWN 9 please replace Fata with Kuroky

So I'm trying to get back into dota2. I went to TI4 over the summer w/Arab as a sort of last hurrah before my second year of med school. My exposure to dota at that point was like maybe ~20 games played with some friends, and I like the game but the time commitment to be halfway decent is just something I can't allot to video games right now.

I can't really put in the time to actually play, but I'd still like to learn about heroes and what not, so I ask you dota-gaf, what are some youtube channels or twitch streamers that I should watch when I have time in b/w studying?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I'm trying to get back into dota2. I went to TI4 over the summer w/Arab as a sort of last hurrah before my second year of med school. My exposure to dota at that point was like maybe ~20 games played with some friends, and I like the game but the time commitment to be halfway decent is just something I can't allot to video games right now.

I can't really put in the time to actually play, but I'd still like to learn about heroes and what not, so I ask you dota-gaf, what are some youtube channels or twitch streamers that I should watch when I have time in b/w studying?
http://www.twitch.tv/merlinidota

Is dota harder then med school?

it is known. if you play another and lose...all I can say is don't say to yourself, "I'mma win one more game before I go to bed."

it always ends in tragedy and watching the sun come up.

This is the worst feeling

Especially if you've made a bad play and lie in bed thinking about what you could've done differently.

Still loving the fact that c9 just over a year ago were some random ass kaipi team to then go msg champions to then random Chinese team with added scandal to now one of the most consistent teams in dota.

I beliieeeeeeve

Cassius

Was the Jugger in this match.

So damn stressful. Our Tinker left for a good ten minutes or so before coming back and Brood was doing pretty well at the beginning of the game against us. Enemy team went for some strange items though and ended up not fairing well against us once we got some levels and items. Slark had Tranqs for a good while for example.

http://dotamax.com/match/detail/1077667207/

Razzer

Consistently second sure..

I mean, as much as people like to joke about the whole second place thing, that does show they are at least top 3 team in the west. Which is no mean feat. If they can get over this hitch, whether it's psychological or whatever, then they could win plenty.

I mean, as much as people like to joke about the whole second place thing, that does show they are at least top 3 team in the west. Which is no mean feat. If they can get over this hitch, whether it's psychological or whatever, then they could win plenty.

Its definitely psychological..i mean just listen to ee's pre match interviews.
Dont tell your competitor yout afraid to face them ffs.

Razzer

They just won more money than the dreamhack winners.

Edit: even if they don't get over it, I love how 2nd is laughable.

I think the 2nd thing derives from people who value prestige over money. Not like the fans really care how large your winnings were outside TI (cus that's gargantuan). They just care if you're 'the best, better than all the rest' or not.

I disagree with the sentiment, but that's where it comes from.

No doubt, but to try to diminish a team's consistency for making the finals on a consistent basis is just weird to me.

Let alone consistent considering the excuses afforded for other teams that happen to be "likeable".

Madouu

If we are talking purely in terms of results post TI, they are indeed the number 2 team (ha ha) in the West behind EG.

sixghost

If we are talking purely in terms of results post TI, they are indeed the number 2 team (ha ha) in the West behind EG.

I think it's hard to rank c9 against secret. They've both finished similarly in the 3 or 4 major tournaments they've both attended, and I don't think they've actually played each other bo3 or bo5 in the elimination phase of a tournament yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom