• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Burning is back!
1603191w4-3.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en

edit: Antimage burning!!!
dota_item_spoils_from_the_shifting_sorcerer_bundle_large.e1d59ffbafa815e927d1def2f007ede50cc0925f.png

I've heard several people say the ward spot directly above the rosh pit is fantastic, but I can't figure out why. It gives vision of dire ancients and the trees left of dire's T1 bottom tower, but that's it. If you wanna place a ward to keep track of traffic in that area, wouldn't you rather place it so that it monitors dire's secret shop or the rosh pit entrance?

Why is that ward spot good and for who (radiant or dire, earlygame or lategame)?

shira

The cliff is a lot higher than most cliffs in dota hence it gives increased vision.

Also it is incredibly hard to deward since you can't blink up there. So if you have melee supports you would need a sentry/gem AND quelling blade AND use a courier or flying vision OR waste an observer ward

As shira said. Also It can placed easily from dire side and in the pit (rosh is nice enough to let walk to the spot without hitting you).from radiant you can solo smoke into the pit and drop the ward easily.

Ppy and pdd talked about that spot earlier in that same match and even pointed out that c9 should deward it several times.

shira

burninGG, can't carry ig

Greetings

I went camping on Friday morning and got back today so I missed all the good games in The Summit

Can anyone recommend the best games I might have missed?

Ive been told C9 vs EG semi-final game 5, VG vs Secret semi-final game 1, and the whole of the grand final

Any others that are worth downloading?

maybe allstar game if you don't already know the result.

Acinixys

Greetings

I went camping on Friday morning and got back today so I missed all the good games in The Summit

Ive been told C9 vs EG semi-final game 5, VG vs Secret semi-final game 1, and the whole of the grand final

Vade

I think the 2nd thing derives from people who value prestige over money. Not like the fans really care how large your winnings were outside TI (cus that's gargantuan). They just care if you're 'the best, better than all the rest' or not.

I disagree with the sentiment, but that's where it comes from.

American football analogy Buffalo Bills went to 4 straight super bowls and lost all 4. No one gives a shit about that. "Well they made it to 4 straight that is something, lost but w/e"

burninGG, can't carry ig

Well, the eastern xboct, lu0, is still on the team. aint easy to carry that.

Greetings

I would add VG vs Secret game 2 to the list. Also the all star match was amazing.

manfestival

I like how so many people(pretending to be more knowledgeable than the pros) are trying to call out c9 for being dumb and sticking together when they got caught by void and tide but I think everyone is being blind to the fact that they were together just to smoke gank

FACE

Banned
I like how so many people(pretending to be more knowledgeable than the pros) are trying to call out c9 for being dumb and sticking together when they got caught by void and tide but I think everyone is being blind to the fact that they were together just to smoke gank

They were going to use a smoke under a ward, that's why Tide caught them.

I'm assuming the argument is that it was a questionable place to group up given the aforementioned dire high cliff ward that C9 hadn't dewarded.

What I find really unlucky is that Envy sends out an illusion in the direction that Void and Tide were, but Mirana had just popped Moonlight Shadow and thus Envy's illusion JUST missed scouting them.

In an area that is almost guaranteed to be covered by ward vision unless you've been judicious in dewarding all game (which C9 most certainly were not).

shira

In an area that is almost guaranteed to be covered by ward vision unless you've been judicious in dewarding all game (which C9 most certainly were not).

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1077285418/vision

ya they were

bone7 1-15 idc what they were doing the game was already lost

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No doubt, but to try to diminish a team's consistency for making the finals on a consistent basis is just weird to me.

Let alone consistent considering the excuses afforded for other teams that happen to be "likeable".

I feel C9 getting second makes them more likable. A team that almost always wins is a bit boring to watch after a few months.

Nymerio

Today I found out one of the guys I play with is a clicker. A filthy clicker who uses his mouse to click (CLICK!) on his spells and uses WASD to move the camera. What. The. Fuck? I'm disgusted.

shira

360fx360f

It has been revealed by 71 (previously Ehome and DK coach), he will form a new team, which might take the legendary Ehome name, Mushi, Ohaiyo, Inflame, DDC confirmed as team members, the fifth member TBC. His org will also sponsor Invasion (the Malaysia team). Also 71 mentioned something about DK boycott before Ti4, said that IG (430 & ChuaN) regret not screaming with DK and those two guy did not want to see Newbee taking Ti4. However, This is quite a one-side story and is questionable as 71's reputation in China dota scene is not perfect, many people (like 2009) has conflict with him, also it seems like Hao and Ferrari are good friends, so..

http://redd.it/2onixv

Who is the 5th?
lgVccCF.gif

Hylian7

Today I found out one of the guys I play with is a clicker. A filthy clicker who uses his mouse to click (CLICK!) on his spells and uses WASD to move the camera. What. The. Fuck? I'm disgusted.
You know, I kind of want to see a mouse only tournament kind of like that Reverse CM tournament they had a while back.

I feel C9 getting second makes them more likable. A team that almost always wins is a bit boring to watch after a few months.

I agree with you.

just an inconsistency with others that talked about placing in tournaments and referring to prize money as in indication of tier.

I remember making comments about Fnatic before TI, people would post placements and the amount of money they've made and yet now that's not good enough for a more consistent team.

manfestival

I feel like C9 would be likeable without EE. Granted he is the reigning personality. He just seems to do the loda thing and farm to kingdom come while fata and the others make the real plays.

I feel like C9 would be likeable without EE. Granted he is the reigning personality. He just seems to do the loda thing and farm to kingdom come while fata and the others make the real plays.

Except Loda doesn't make the same completely mental decisions. He's a pretty consistent all-around carry, where as EE feels like "that soloqueue carry player" where sometimes he carries and gets triple rampages, and sometimes he's a complete liability.

Except Loda doesn't make the same completely mental decisions. He's a pretty consistent all-around carry, where as EE feels like "that soloqueue carry player" where sometimes he carries and gets triple rampages, and sometimes he's a complete liability.

Agreed. In terms of in-game decision making and play-making, EE sits somewhere between Loda and Xboct.

Hylian7

Gonna sell it or open it and pray for a Doomling?
Everything in there is good even if you didn't get a Doomling. The I sold my Gravelmaw for ~$350 Steam money. Well worth it as I don't have to spend real money on Steam games/hats.

Agreed. In terms of in-game decision making and play-making, EE sits somewhere between Loda and Xboct.

Yup. And I think his drafting is questionable as well. C9 occasionally gets a really solid draft... and then EE decides to play a carry that doesn't synergize and gets stomped. Honestly if they had Loda or Pajkatt or some other carry player who doesn't throw games like EE does (and can play a variety of carries) they'd be pretty amazing. PLD could use some more guidance as well, but his impact (negative or positive) is rarely as high.

sixghost

Yup. And I think his drafting is questionable as well. C9 occasionally gets a really solid draft... and then EE decides to play a carry that doesn't synergize and gets stomped. Honestly if Loda or Pajkatt or some other carry player who doesn't throw games like EE does (and can play a variety of carries) they'd be pretty amazing. PLD could use some more guidance as well, but his impact (negative or positive) is rarely as high.

I think you need to judge PLD's impact on the game relative to the amount of farm he is given. He consistently supports 4 cores on his team. Anyone who's ever done the same in solo queue knows that not feeding uncontrollably is an accomplishment in itself

Chris R

Everything in there is good even if you didn't get a Doomling. The I sold my Gravelmaw for ~$350 Steam money. Well worth it as I don't have to spend real money on Steam games/hats.

Well there has to be something that sells for less than $180. The $180 should be more than all the regular items with the Doomling being the item worth the most but being the most rare.

I think you need to judge PLD's impact on the game relative to the amount of farm he is given. He consistently supports 4 cores on his team. Anyone who's ever done the same in solo queue knows that not feeding uncontrollably is an accomplishment in itself

Yeah, I certainly agree, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that his mid and lategame decision making can be very questionable. In lane he's pretty decent, if unremarkable. In lategame though, some of his plays are worrisome.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yeah PLD often gets accused of feeding, but he's always doing it while accomplishing some goal, whether to make space, or by warding. C9 is a very farm efficienty focused team where four players are constantly busy trying to get as much gold as possible, leaving PLD to hold things together with the 0 gold he ends up with.

Yeah PLD often gets accused of feeding, but he's always doing it while accomplishing some goal, whether to make space, or by warding. C9 is a very farm efficienty focused team where four players are constantly busy trying to get as much gold as possible, leaving PLD to hold things together with the 0 gold he ends up with.

yea that's true. still, he's known if not outright infamous for taking more deaths than necessary.

Part of the reason PLD ends up with so little gold is that everytime he has some, he dies. Something of a vicious cycle of playing 6 role support.

Holy shit just had the biggest comeback. down 25000 xp,10000 gold 4 racks down by 25 minutes
huskar made the right calls for smoke ganking 3 times in a row (after he typed gg ffs 2 minutes earlier >_>)
Held for almost 60 mintes winning like 50 million fights in row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom