• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

damn shira, ur rich now. better see u using it 24/7 if you dont sell it

my friend and i got gold demiheroes c/o gofu's ti4 trip and so we opened our chests at the same time. we both got undying tombs........

im hoping for icefrog to give undying a game breaking buff so his popularity shoots to the top

blitz is the best storm in the world take notes, universe (doom) and demon (zeus) rekt
/s
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1079702055

Spookie

my friend and i got gold demiheroes c/o gofu's ti4 trip and so we opened our chests at the same time. we both got undying tombs........

*price is right losing horn*

At least it looks nice.

Only kidding all the gold items look fucking horrendous.

manfestival

the sad thing is that I started getting into jakiro right before 6.82 and owning with him. Then the patch hits and he becomes super popular :(

Hylian7

I remember the patch when Ice Path was reworked to what it is now. It used to be a really crappy stun because the animation was super long and it only hit on the initial cast, not running into it when it was already on the ground. Jakiro was an absolute joke back then.

inkls

girl let me tell you
so i had no idea what like... the "rules" of random draft were because i literally never play that mode so i was just waiting to pick and then i got randomed techies ??? i thought i'd just end up with the gold penalty like u do in all pick but nope, out of all the heroes in this shit game, it randoms me techies. and then i had to go mid against death prophet? like what kind of aids is this? i did ok mid though tbh having never done it before. i got some last hits with his shitty starting damage and some cute denies too. if i had a real hero i would have slayed, but c'est la vie

also salty satch came out and i told steve to kill himself

Sorry bout that. Saw the other gaf stack so I went full tryhard and picked my highest winrate mid hero :X

Hylian7

Someone tried to argue with me last night that stats on AM over more than one point in Spell Shield is more EHP. I'm not an expert at EHP calculations, but this sounds like bullshit to me. I maxed Spell Shield first in that game because the other team had Skywrath, Invoker, Legion, Earthshaker, and Clockwerk.

Now we were against solo Clockwerk in lane, but I was expecting rotations from Skywrath and Invoker, so I maxed Spell Shield. Was this the right thing to do?

Haunted

GSS1502.jpg
Special edition of the biggest German PC magazine. 9€, 150 pages.

"How to become jungle king"

"with skilled warding to sure victory"

"tips and tricks of the pros"

oy vey, we're in the big leagues now

IO players who only buy wards once at the start and dont even upgrade the courier have a special place in hell next to disruptors who max glimpse last

PJSalt

Spookie

Special edition of the biggest German PC magazine. 9€, 150 pages.

"How to become jungle king"

"with skilled warding to sure victory"

"tips and tricks of the pros"

"LEARN WEIRD OLD WIVES TRICKS anti-mage doesn't want you to know about"
"Get FARMED using these new pills doctors don't want you to know about"

Nymerio

IO players who only buy wards once at the start and dont even upgrade the courier have a special place in hell next to disruptors who max glimpse last

PJSalt

Woah, my clicker friend does this as well. At the start of every game I mention how good glimpse is and that it's his best skill. Then he alternately levels up the other skills.
facepalm.gif

Spookie

Woah, my clicker friend does this as well. At the start of every game I mention how good glimpse is and that it's his best skill. Then he alternately levels up the other skills.
facepalm.gif

Having played disruptor last night and have glimpse win us the game this makes me sad inside. :(

Wok

facepalm.gif

It is because he most likely under-estimates the range of the spell. The range is unbelievable.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Can someone give me a super cheese strat for Medusa? Playing this slut for hero challenge and I fucking haaaaaaateeeeee her, she's the worst. I tried Steve Losewood's Helm ancient stacking but I always forget to do it. Especially looking for skill build recommendations.

Wok

Can someone give me a super cheese strat for Medusa? Playing this slut for hero challenge and I fucking haaaaaaateeeeee her, she's the worst. I tried Steve Losewood's Helm ancient stacking but I always forget to do it. Especially looking for skill build recommendations.

Phase Boots, Aquila Ring and cost-efficient items (bracer, wand, tp scroll), then Rapier+Roshan at the 20 min mark.

M.D

man this game is fucking hard.. its been a while since i played on a regular basis but i can barely play anti mage and not fuck up blinking then or bkb

Nymerio

Having played disruptor last night and have glimpse win us the game this makes me sad inside. :(

The spell is amazing and glimpsing someone's TP never gets old.

It is because he most likely under-estimates the range of the spell. The range is unbelievable.

Probably saw the level 1 range and didn't realize the range scales with level.

He clicks his spell icons, the tooltip and range indicator are probably burnt into his screen already.

Demoli

I like aquilla -> Phase -> Drums -> Manta -> DPS(be it daedalus, butterfly or MKB) -> Skadi.

Any later and it depends game to game.

Nymerio

I think I played Medusa for the first or second time yesterday. I was really surprised at the damage Mystic Snake put out. Was solo safe against a windrunner and io though...

Pratfall

glimpsing spirit breaker is also incredible, especially if you thunder strike him first so you can see him sad in the woods

Satch

Banned
why are your visage builds so clowny

im trying to find a way to make him work in the solo queue struggle

like yeah, i could play a different hero that's an actual carry OR! i could just make up a build that lets him do #JustCarryThings. visage is my waifu, like drow is for D-V. you don't just abandon your waifus.

im trying to find a way to make him work in the solo queue struggle

like yeah, i could play a different hero that's an actual carry OR! i could just make up a build that lets him do #JustCarryThings. visage is my waifu, like drow is for D-V. you don't just abandon your waifus.

Medallion -> Treads -> Aghs -> AC -> Mjollnir and then hex or something like that would be my suggested build.

Wow I didn't expect Milk to make an entire thread for IHL!

link?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The stats back this up as well. Aui averages 388 gpm on a much less successful team than zai's 350 gpm.

Exactly. Everyone criticizes Pie for feeding but if you really think about it, given that C9 is a greedy ass team that wants to spread out and farm all over the map versus 5-manning, one of the most popular ways to counter that strategy is to go for smokes to pick them off. But what often happens is that they just find Pie and kill him, and well, if you're 5-man smoke gank's only accomplishment is to kill off a 5-position support, then you've lost a considerable amount of time whereas C9 is just split pushing or freefarming.

A lot of his feeds are pretty intentional I think. C9 heavily emphasizes efficiency and to them, feeding a 5 position support gives the enemy team like zero exp and minimal gold, while taking up 3-5 of the enemy player's time. Time, where C9 is catching up or pulling ahead. Even if they want to take an objective after that kill, Pie's respawn timer is probably low enough to make it back in time anyways.

sixghost

The interaction between urn and blink is so weird now. I guess the first instance of damage must take a second to occur, because I've had so many people blink out when I used urn on them.

shira

Anyone have the Dota2 mini plushes? Are they as crappy looking IRL as they look online?

There is a lot of variance betwen quality from plushie to plushie; even between two of the same, but yea generally low quality. Something to put on your car rearview mirror or Frostivus tree.

I saw some guy on campus with 5 Meepos. Really hope they do the brewlings and nagas for TI5 as multiples look nice.

www.inhouse.soon

Just saw Allaince (akke,mynut and 3 standins) get destroyed by some team called NIP. I am talking well diving ulltra kills and shit. They didn't even gg out till the ancient exploded.
RIP old Alliance.

Snowdrift

Ya, Alliance is pretty bad now. Sounds like they have parted ways with Misery and don't want to wait on Chessie's back much longer. Are there any free agents out there that would fit with Alliance, or is Loda going to have to try and poach players like Pajkatt and Zai.

Zoon

Ya, Alliance is pretty bad now. Sounds like they have parted ways with Misery and don't want to wait on Chessie's back much longer. Are there any free agents out there that would fit with Alliance, or is Loda going to have to try and poach players like Pajkatt and Zai.

Loda could replace sing or bulba easily.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Just got home. Can confirm that the plushies are somewhat low quality. But also can confirm that a golden demihero figure is cool as fuck

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
God, one of my friend has way too much tunnelvision. Thinks he's Xboct and dives past T1s into T2s constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom