• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

https://twitter.com/EGiNcontroL/status/542424723418669056

the fuck

did they buy EG or ggc??

what is this

Both. It's crazy! At least you get a new weapon!

oTNqDnZ.png

360fx360f

New Ember Spirit blades just dropped: The Imperial Flame Swords Pack

Razzer

Wake up to Sing strim. Today is a good day.

And yeah, I read the reddit thread, supposedly his comments indicate he not getting kicked, so it's someone else leaving. I imagine they'll be on the lookout for a support.

Anno

I totally accept that I play with the newest of people in this game, but how's it even possible to play a 30 minute game, never disconnecting or anything, and only do 1.2k hero damage as Jugg?

Acinixys

I totally accept that I play with the newest of people in this game, but how's it even possible to play a 30 minute game, never disconnecting or anything, and only do 1.2k hero damage as Jugg?

One of the hardest things to learn for new players is efficiency

Most newbies spend 90% of their time walking from lane to lane and playing the afk staring contest in mid

He was probably one of those types that roams all game and gets nothing done

Anno

Yeah I guess it didn't help that the 5-man standoff mid began 10 minutes in. Though this cupcake level of play where everyone huddles did make it fun to play Puck. That hero is neat, need to play it some more.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1081311309

This game was interesting. About 4 minutes in, Phoenix disconnects and there is a long pause for him. Axe starts being negative saying, "We should probably just go, I have a feeling we are gonna lose this. Nobody is talking."

We say "One more minute, and we will resume." Phoenix doesn't come back, so we go. Shortly after the pause I make a mistake and die solo to Ember. AA starts bitching at me for "counter picking" myself.

About two minutes later, I get a solo kill on Ember, Phoenix reconnects, Axe and I are making plays, AA is still being a negative Nancy, and AM asks "What item should I get?" and we say "Manta, BKB, etc." and he says "I don't think Manta is worth it." and we are all like "... Seriously?!"

Our whole team continues to make plays, AM gets farm and ends up getting the Manta after we convince him. Then I shit you not, two minutes after AM gets the Manta, he uses it in front of Doom when he gets caught out, and Doom Dooms an illusion. Purchase. Fucking. Validated.

We proceed to win the game, despite the grim beginnings and negative Nancys.

Anno

So how much do people give (constructive) unsolicited feedback to a teammate? A game last night I went dual-offlane as Jaki with an AM who was just blinking in super aggressively and getting blown up by an SK/PA over and over. Eventually I suggested switching lanes around a bit and he found a little more space but the whole time I wanted to just go on about letting me kinda zone out their heroes a bit since I was decently strong against them and let him focus on at least getting up a PMS/treads/quelling whatever to get a decent baseline. i guess I should just speak up In a constructive manner and see what happens.

Razzer

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1081311309

This game was interesting. About 4 minutes in, Phoenix disconnects and there is a long pause for him. Axe starts being negative saying, "We should probably just go, I have a feeling we are gonna lose this. Nobody is talking."

We say "One more minute, and we will resume." Phoenix doesn't come back, so we go. Shortly after the pause I make a mistake and die solo to Ember. AA starts bitching at me for "counter picking" myself.

About two minutes later, I get a solo kill on Ember, Phoenix reconnects, Axe and I are making plays, AA is still being a negative Nancy, and AM asks "What item should I get?" and we say "Manta, BKB, etc." and he says "I don't think Manta is worth it." and we are all like "... Seriously?!"

Our whole team continues to make plays, AM gets farm and ends up getting the Manta after we convince him. Then I shit you not, two minutes after AM gets the Manta, he uses it in front of Doom when he gets caught out, and Doom Dooms an illusion. Purchase. Fucking. Validated.

We proceed to win the game, despite the grim beginnings and negative Nancys.

So like, why did he drop it?

Nymerio

So how much do people give (constructive) unsolicited feedback to a teammate? A game last night I went dual-offlane as Jaki with an AM who was just blinking in super aggressively and getting blown up by an SK/PA over and over. Eventually I suggested switching lanes around a bit and he found a little more space but the whole time I wanted to just go on about letting me kinda zone out their heroes a bit since I was decently strong against them and let him focus on at least getting up a PMS/treads/quelling whatever to get a decent baseline. i guess I should just speak up In a constructive manner and see what happens.

Just speak your mind but keep it friendly. I've found that a lot players can be quite friendly if you go at it the right way. Don't be the guy who responds to random stuff happening with "omg", "wtf", etc. A lot of the time people won't even realize what you mean with the amount of stuff you may have to keep track of at any moment but if you explain in a friendly manner what went wrong it mostly works out alright. If all else fails just be liberal in using your mute button. It's a dota players best friend.

xanavi

FY's reaper scythe eul's dodge wasn't a lag anomaly, right? I remember telling a guy playing puck that I had previously dodged a reaper scythe with phase shift but he didn't believe me.

Hylian7

Wiki says its a stun

So maybe someone else Euls'd him?
Someone else Euls'd him, it is in fact a stun, otherwise a ton more people would escape it.

Also you can't Phase Shift out of a root, it's treated like a blink in that regard. You can Orb and Jaunt though.

Acinixys

It's a stun but I don't think it lasts long enough for the animation to complete. It was definitely a self-eul's you can't use eul's on teammates and the opposing side didn't have one.

Here, have a look.

he still had shallow grave on himself

thats why he lived

he probably pressed euls before necro ultied him

so the necro ult animation happened but he lived cause of the grave and then instantly got euls'd from his previous spam clicking of it

Necros ulti kills before the scythe actually hits the ground

So he was graved at the moment the spell animation finished so he lived

if that makes sense

EDIT:

Max grave is 5 seconds

Necro ulti stun is 1.5 seconds

so im 99% sure in correct about what happened

xanavi

thats why he lived

so the necro ult animation happened but he lived cause of the grave and then instantly got euls'd from his previous spam clicking of it

if that makes sense

Ah yeah, I see what you're saying. You can see the 830~ damage come out from the scythe before the animation completes. I think when I dodged it with phase shift it was still a 1 second stun only.

It does look incredibly close and it's weird that when dazzle is in the air with the eul's he still has the reaper scythe debuff on him.

Can someone give me a super cheese strat for Medusa? Playing this slut for hero challenge and I fucking haaaaaaateeeeee her, she's the worst. I tried Steve Losewood's Helm ancient stacking but I always forget to do it. Especially looking for skill build recommendations.

this is not my build

this has never been my build

please do not besmirch my name with such medusa builds

my medusa build has always been get one point in mana shield then max stats over all other skills and afk farm for 50 minutes and never ever see your team and make them hate you

thats why he lived

if that makes sense

EDIT:

Max grave is 5 seconds

Necro ulti stun is 1.5 seconds

so im 99% sure in correct about what happened

Sounds solid to me.

Still not sure why ferrari went back to farm the wave after seeing Zeus in lane. twice.

Ultrabum

this is not my build

this has never been my build

please do not besmirch my name with such medusa builds

my medusa build has always been get one point in mana shield then max stats over all other skills and afk farm for 50 minutes and never ever see your team and make them hate you

Happy unbanning.

Also, your medusa build sucks.

Edit: your enigma sucks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom