• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

dota2 |ot6| ti4 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

0Tt9obb.jpg

WHAT
The International is the grandest tournament of the year. Valve pulls out all the stops to invite all the top fans, players, casters, and personalities to Seattle for a huge prize pool and accomadations at the finest hotels. Players and staff are treated like royalty while they are battling it out for Dota supremacy.

WHY
The prize pool was initially $1.6 million dollars, but the community has raised around ~$40 million dollars by purchasing TI4 Compendiums - digital books with rewards and reward points. The official prize pool is around $10,0
ig68SR4KrOnt0.gif

Most players will say that the money is not a big issue and that the pride of winning is more than mere dollars could ever achieve.

WHEN/WHERE

Preliminaries (Bellvue Westin) - July 8-14, 2014
GGYwVyk.jpg
t1404846000z4.png

Phase 1-3

Main Event (Key Arena) - July 18-21, 2014
cZ7vY0I.jpg
t1405710000z4.png

Phase 4
f5UjxiP.png

WHO

DxPXSno.png
Team Liquid aka TL aka 'Murica
5mGgD9J.jpg
DQBqVHO.gif
ecDXIfO.jpg

loZfWv9.png
Navi aka USA
09UXKIy.gif

loZfWv9.png
Navi.NA aka Narvi, Navi.US, NAR, North American Rejects
XjwYrSI.png

UWOZuNC.png
Arrow
n0zG1ZN.jpg

rq2jt1J.png
Vici Gaming aka VG
9smiuiW.jpg

yRKYGUl.png
Alliance aka [A], No Tidehunter, Sweden
3UuiqZg.jpg

L7vuIm0.png
Cloud 9 aka C9, Clown9, Kaipi, Speed Gaming
LbHVw5l.jpg

F1RsKKG.png
Titan
HcD82YP.jpg

8sekXSP.png
iG
jbjLIWtMijwZSY.jpg

z4CRwdo.png
LGD
mAgSZHo.png

arZpDNw.png
CIS
A4rFI8D.jpg

T7ser4D.png
Newbee
D6M7wU6.jpg

LQZNE9E.png
DK
jvKuad9.jpg

51t6Qvo.png
MVP
7MWnLep.jpg

3JB0yRA.png
EG
75qBIzn.jpg

5HWw4Yt.png
Virtus Pro
ClhX8ZC.jpg

xanVqjw.png
Team Empire
rr1y2tw.png

JhrN7uw.png
Mouz
2nkDsSK.png

dIIvIG2.png
Fnatic
wC87EbH.jpg

HIGHLIGHTS

VIDEOS

FAQ
1. What is the console auto-spectate code - I can't watch games live but want to win sweet tourney items from work?
Valve has implemented a handy check box to auto watch every match.

2. Quick! When is the next match?
http://link

3. How long is a match?
The drafting/loading stage takes about 10-15 minutes - the acutal game itself can be 15-90 minutes long. So give or take 25-100 minutes with smoke breaks inbetween.
Phase 1 is Bo3
Phase 2 is Bo1
Phase 3 and 4 is Bo3
The Grand Final is Bo5

4. What's a dota?
Dota is quite complicated to explain in a few sentences, please check out the wonderful Dota OT by Artanisix for more information

5. I've never watched dota before - what's the big deal?
-Watch "the play" from TI2012. This is the climax of a game.

6. Should I buy a compendium?
Yes! Support e-sports. $10 gets you a fantastic value: 2 free couriers, wallpapers, immortal items, battle bonus

7. I'm a total dota noob - can I ask questions here?
Feel free - the dota vets will be happy to answer your questions. The Dota wiki is also a quick reference that even the pros use.

8. Any storylines to follow?
- CIS have not received thier visa's to compete
- Fnatic tried to kick one of their players over anxiety issues, he emailed Valve and said he was ready to go, but they have been using a stand-in for over a month
- Racism claimed by DK noting that only CIS and VG will scrim with them because they are not a 100% Chinese team forcing them to scrim and practice with EG
- Popular caster Draskyl rejected his invitation to TI4 due to lack of respect of the quality of games he would be able to cast
- Who will cast the finals?
- Will China avenge TI3 where no Chinese teams were able to beat Alliance.

9. Should I enable twitch chat?
No.

10. Shoot, I missed the matches where can I watch the games?
Youtube and TwitchTV links will be posted below as they happen - Dota TV in-game are usually available for download 10 minutes after the game ends

Aegis of Fame
7D6eMmh.png

Chris R

We need to have some kind of meetup at TI4... But I haven't been to Seattle for 5 or 6 years, so I don't know the town well enough to suggest a place :(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So I wonder what was going on at Valve this week as far as patches go. Weird. They put out that strange non-patch mid week and never follower up on any of it. Certainly would have expected the chest tonight.

shira

So I wonder what was going on at Valve this week as far as patches go. Weird. They put out that strange non-patch mid week and never follower up on any of it. Certainly would have expected the chest tonight.

There was a patch for today, never delivered. Probably not to muck up ESL ONE

ESL One Frankfurt
cn iG vs. world Mouz
t1403947800z1.png

Preshow starts ~30 min before that time

IceMarker

Oh man those team shots.

Also, has DK ever looked that scary before? I mean hell Mushi, Burning, and iceiceice is enough of a team already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom